PDA

View Full Version : "And We Allow These Swine To Teach Our Kids,What a Country !"

megimoo
07-29-2008, 10:29 AM
The NEA Spells Out Its Policies

The nation's largest teachers union, the National Education Association, attracted 9,000 delegates to its annual convention in Washington, D.C. over the Fourth of July weekend. Delegates sported buttons with provocative slogans such as "Gay marriage causes Global Warming only because we are so hot!", "Hate is not a family value," "The 'Christian Right' is neither," and "Gay Rights are civil rights."

The delegates passed dozens of hard-hitting resolutions that now become the NEA's official policy. The resolutions authorize NEA members and employees to lobby for those goals in the halls of Congress and state capitols.

NEA resolutions cover the waterfront of all sorts of political issues that have nothing to do with improving education for schoolchildren, such as supporting statehood for the District of Columbia, a "single-payer health care plan" (i.e., government-run), gun control, ratification of the International Criminal Court Treaty, and taking steps "to change activities that contribute to global climate change."

The NEA fiercely opposes any competition for public schools, such as vouchers, tuition tax credits, parental option plans, or public support of any kind to non-public schools. The NEA strongly opposes designating English as our official language even though such a designation is supported by more than 80 percent of Americans.

The NEA opposes home schooling unless children are taught by state-licensed teachers using a state-approved curriculum. The NEA wants to bar home-schooled students from participating in any extracurricular activities in public schools even though their parents pay school taxes, too.

The NEA wants many additional (job-creating) services and programs to be provided by public schools such as early childhood education (i.e., baby-sitting for preschoolers). NEA resolutions call for "programs in the public schools for children from birth through age 8," and for "mandatory kindergarten with compulsory attendance."

NEA resolutions include all the major feminist goals such as "the right to reproductive freedom" (i.e., abortion on demand); "comparable worth" (i.e., government control of wages according to feminist ideology rather than the free market); full funding for the feminist boondoggle called the Women's Educational Equity Act; and "the use of nonsexist language," i.e., censoring out all masculine words such as husband and father.

The NEA even urges its affiliates to work for ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment. The ERA was declared dead by the U.S. Supreme Court 26 years ago.

http://www.townhall.com/Common/PrintPage.aspx?g=56eb606c-5d4a-4f9f-894a-dc60d075558f&t=c

NonConformist
07-29-2008, 12:04 PM
And people wonder why we are doomed! :eek:

SaintLouieWoman
07-29-2008, 12:23 PM
And people wonder why we are doomed! :eek:

I lasted a whole year as an English teacher in a close-in suburban high school. I liked the kids, just not my peers. I've never seen such an assortment of immature idiots. I bailed early and started a career in business and haven't regretted it a minute.

My happiest moment was the graduation of my second son from the public school system. I did battle all the time with the admin and teachers..

Eyelids
07-29-2008, 12:30 PM
I lasted a whole year as an English teacher in a close-in suburban high school. I liked the kids, just not my peers. I've never seen such an assortment of immature idiots. I bailed early and started a career in business and haven't regretted it a minute.
Coward.

Shannon
07-29-2008, 12:45 PM
Coward.

Idiot.

Odysseus
07-29-2008, 12:47 PM
[SIZE="3"]The NEA Spells Out Its Policies
[QUOTE=SaintLouieWoman;25179]I lasted a whole year as an English teacher in a close-in suburban high school. I liked the kids, just not my peers. I've never seen such an assortment of immature idiots. I bailed early and started a career in business and haven't regretted it a minute.

A good buddy of mine, a published author with a BA in English and several years experience as a teacher in PA applied to the NYC school system a few years ago. He was already working as a sub and wanted to make it permanent. He aced the exam, but there was an essay question, "Should the capital gains tax be cut?" They told him that the answer didn't matter, so long as he demonstrated proficiency with the language and could support an argument. When he got the results back, he was told that he gave the "wrong" answer and denied a position. It was a litmus test to weed out conservatives.

My oldest daughter is starting Pre-K next month and fortunately, Texas doesn't seem to hire the same PC drones that we found in NY and CA. If were were still in Los Angeles, I'd have set up homeschooling before I'd have let the LA Mummified School District touch my child's mind.

Coward.
I see that two-week vacation has done your civility and maturity a world of good. :rolleyes:

SaintLouieWoman
07-29-2008, 02:19 PM
Coward.

So do you plan to teach when you're out of school? Good luck to the students. I'm sure you'd fit in so well with the NEA.

YupItsMe
07-29-2008, 02:45 PM
Coward.

The public school sytem churns out morons like you and those responsible are proud of it. No wonder she wanted out.

LibraryLady
07-29-2008, 03:05 PM
When eyes-wide-shut first came to CU, didn't he lie and pretend to be a teacher?

NonConformist
07-29-2008, 03:17 PM
Since all he does is troll and start shit why is he still here?

megimoo
07-29-2008, 03:34 PM
Since all he does is troll and start shit why is he still here?It's our little pink eyed albino chew toy.It has to be flushed occasionally to get the evil crap from its fur but if it gets too bad just put it on ignore !

SaintLouieWoman
07-30-2008, 11:12 PM
The public school sytem churns out morons like you and those responsible are proud of it. No wonder she wanted out.

Thanks. Another reason was one of the darlings pulled a knife on me and held it to my throat in the front of the class. The lib principal said it was a "personality problem". The reality was the student was fresh out of reform school and the principal was afraid of him.

Who was the coward? The principal or me, who held still and stared him down and demanded that he put the knive on the desk?

I had it forever with teaching.

Lanie
07-30-2008, 11:20 PM
Thanks. Another reason was one of the darlings pulled a knife on me and held it to my throat in the front of the class. The lib principal said it was a "personality problem". The reality was the student was fresh out of reform school and the principal was afraid of him.

Who was the coward? The principal or me, who held still and stared him down and demanded that he put the knive on the desk?

I had it forever with teaching.

I'm sorry you went through that. :(

Lanie
07-30-2008, 11:23 PM
The NEA doesn't represent all teachers. It is a large labor union, and they've always taken political stands.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Education_Association

I do question how appropriate it is to be this open with politics when education is involved. Most teachers try to keep their political thoughts to themselves in class as much as possible.

FlaGator
07-31-2008, 07:48 AM
The NEA and those representing it at an NEA convention should only be promoting issues that deal with education. As private citizens they can make any public declaration that they want, but when meeting as an educational group making public statements about social issues is beyond their scope in my opinion. The dismal performance by the average student is evidence enough that the NEA should be focused more on teaching basic math, science and reading skills and less on informing children on their stance on social issues.

Zathras
07-31-2008, 08:19 AM
Since all he does is troll and start shit why is he still here?

Especially after promising never to come back after his paper on us was done.

FlaGator
07-31-2008, 09:27 AM
Especially after promising never to come back after his paper on us was done.

He's addicted!

Lanie
07-31-2008, 11:22 AM
The NEA and those representing it at an NEA convention should only be promoting issues that deal with education. As private citizens they can make any public declaration that they want, but when meeting as an educational group making public statements about social issues is beyond their scope in my opinion. The dismal performance by the average student is evidence enough that the NEA should be focused more on teaching basic math, science and reading skills and less on informing children on their stance on social issues.

I want to agree, but I'm looking at past issues they came out for.

From wiki:

They lobbied for a Dept. of Ed, they lobbied for child labor laws which made school compulory (so kids didn't have to work in the factories anymore, and could go to school). Too lazy to write the rest.

1910s: responding to increased immigration, NEA renewed lobbying efforts for a national Department of Education that would help fund programs to reduce illiteracy, train teachers, and equalize education opportunities for all children
1912: NEA endorses Women's Suffrage
1919: NEA members in New Jersey lead the way to the nation's first state pension; by 1945, every state had a pension plan in effect
1941: NEA successfully lobbied Congress for special funding for public schools near military bases
1945: NEA lobbied for the G.I. Bill of Rights to help returning soldiers continue their education
1958: NEA helps gain passage of the National Defense Education Act
1964: NEA lobbies to pass the Civil Rights Act
1968: NEA leads an effort to establish the Bilingual Education Act
1974: NEA backs a case heard before the U.S. Supreme Court that proposes to make unlawful the firing of pregnant teachers or forced maternity leave
1984: NEA fights for and wins passage of a federal retirement equity law that provides the means to end sex discrimination against women in retirement funds

Maybe some don't agree with all of that, but I think most of us here agree with most of it. Truth is their lobbying often has had a lot to do with education. And some of it seems like it would be offensive if they did not take a stand on it (ex. Women's sufferage, which does indirectly affect education).

I have to say if I was in the NEA, I would have said that we shouldn't take a stand as a group on this (only as individuals).

However, I'd like to point out something. Kids hating gays (and pretty much being taught to hate gays) has affected homosexuals in the education system. Actually, those kids mostly have affected those rumored to be gay in the educational system. If a kid is just rumored to be gay, they are harrassed, and sometimes beaten up on. Sometimes the teachers are willing to do something about it. Sometimes, they're not for whatever dumb reason. And the teachers trying to discipline for this does no good if the parents come into the school and give their support to their bullying kid (which parents often don't want to hear that their kid is being trouble). Some people say that the answer is to crack down on bullying in general and not make it a gay issue. I agree with that, but I have to say a really huge amount of bullying has to do with older kids being gay or just rumored to be gay. When they do finally get off their ass and start cracking down more on bullying, they are going to be accused of having a gay agenda.

Eyelids
07-31-2008, 01:36 PM
When eyes-wide-shut first came to CU, didn't he lie and pretend to be a teacher?

I came for the demented ideologies and stayed for, well, the demented ideologies. This site is a drug.

If at home I'm at CU.

asdf2231
07-31-2008, 01:43 PM
I came for the demented ideologies and stayed for, well, the demented ideologies. This site is a drug.

If at home I'm at CU.

Hey!

A LIAR and a Masochist!

What are the odds...

megimoo
07-31-2008, 01:48 PM
Hey!

A LIAR and a Masochist!

What are the odds...It wears Little Girls underwear Too!

Eyelids
07-31-2008, 01:48 PM
It wears Little Girls underwear Too!

Good one megs.....

megimoo
07-31-2008, 01:52 PM
Good one megs.....So You admit it ,where does it end,have you no shame ?

Eyelids
07-31-2008, 01:54 PM
I dont even know where to start with that kind of insult megimoo. I mean come on, girls fucking underwear... what angle do I have there? Its so ridiculous (of course you are megimoo ! so nothing should surprise me) that there was nothing else to really say.

megimoo
07-31-2008, 02:05 PM
I dont even know where to start with that kind of insult megimoo. I mean come on, girls fucking underwear... what angle do I have there? Its so ridiculous (of course you are megimoo ! so nothing should surprise me) that there was nothing else to really say.Good then you will depart ?I hear that NU is need of a new Ass Ache ,apply for the job will/won't you !

Eyelids
07-31-2008, 02:07 PM
NU? Northwestern?

lacarnut
07-31-2008, 03:48 PM
Coward.

Just like my black friend and co-worker at the Dept of Revenue who realized that teaching was going to be a short lived profession. One of his black students hit him and he grabbed the little shit by the neck and yanked him on top of a desk. No charges were filed since this was 30 plus years ago but the principal thought he might consider another career. If you called him a coward, he would mash your punk ass face in.

Do us all a favor if and when you get your teaching degree. Go teach in south Chicago. I bet a prick like you would not even drive thru some of those areas much less teach there. See, that make you a real live coward.