PDA

View Full Version : High Voter Turnout Expected

megimoo
01-17-2010, 06:29 AM
Turnout could hit as high as 70 percent Tuesday in the high-stakes U.S. Senate battle between Democratic Attorney General Martha Coakley and GOP state Sen. Scott Brown, according to some local election officials. Absentee ballot requests have increased - on par with levels ordinarily seen in a presidential election - some town clerks say.

And town and city halls were buzzing last week with people voting and asking questions about registration in advance of the election to fill the late Sen. Edward M. Kennedy’s seat, said Theodora Eaton, president of the state’s city and town clerk’s association. “I wasn’t anticipating...

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/politics/view.bg?articleid=1226134&srvc=news&position=recent

Sonnabend
01-17-2010, 07:24 AM
Turnout could hit as high as 70 percent Tuesday

That HAS to be a first...SEVENTY PERCENT?

About bloody time.

lacarnut
01-17-2010, 08:26 AM
That HAS to be a first...SEVENTY PERCENT?

About bloody time.

In most cases, heavy turn out favors a Democrat. However, I think the good guy is going to pull it out. The loons on the left are running scared.

megimoo
01-17-2010, 08:40 AM
In most cases, heavy turn out favors a Democrat. However, I think the good guy is going to pull it out. The loons on the left are running scared.Even the 'old time' Kennedy faithful are pulling for Brown,Coakely is 'toast' and they're sure to try some sneakey sh*t at the polls.