PDA

View Full Version : NFC/AFC Championship games....which two are going on?

MountainMan
01-17-2010, 08:06 PM
1. Jets at Indianapolis (upset pick right here): Jets because they can run and the Colts can't defend against the run. Plus the Jets defense shut down Chargers throwing attack. They will eat Manning alive.

2. Minnesota at New Orleans (a very close upset): Minnesota will win this one because of their defense, plain and simple. This will be another high scoring game but Drew Brees will be counting spots on the underside of the dome because he will be laid flat several times by the Vikings defense.

:D Lets here them folks

MountainMan
01-17-2010, 08:15 PM
Remember this, since the wildcards started this year, I am 6-2. Don't doubt me :D

BadCat
01-17-2010, 08:23 PM
I dunno Mau, that Sanchez kid for the NYJs is really impressive, but I'm gonna take the Colts.

lacarnut
01-18-2010, 12:38 AM
The Colts will put the hurt on the Jets.

Saints will eke out a win over the Vikings. Home field advantage will be a big deal in the Superdome; also, Minnesota has had a terrible record on the road.

NJCardFan
01-18-2010, 01:11 PM
I'm going with the Saints and Jets only because this is one matchup the majority and the media definitely do not want. Also, it would be a twist of delicious irony if the Jets do beat the Colts considering it was the Colts who laid down and gave the Jets an opening to make the playoffs.

Space Gravy
01-18-2010, 01:45 PM
I'm going with the Saints. They're good at getting turnovers and Favre is way overdue for a 3 or 4 pick game.

I'll take the Colts on the AFC. In a game the Jets had to have and the Colts didn't care about they were leading until the coach pulled Manning and some more of the starters.

ralph wiggum
01-18-2010, 01:50 PM
I'm gonna quit making predictions. :D

coach
01-18-2010, 02:19 PM
colts & saints

MountainMan
01-18-2010, 03:36 PM
I'm gonna quit making predictions. :D

:mad:Um, no....As moderator of this here forum you are required to make picks so get going and lets hear them.... :D

ralph wiggum
01-18-2010, 03:56 PM
:mad:Um, no....As moderator of this here forum you are required to make picks so get going and lets hear them.... :D

Fine. Saints & Colts.

MountainMan
01-18-2010, 04:02 PM
Fine. Saints & Colts.
Now don't you feel better....until you are proven wrong again? :p

ralph wiggum
01-18-2010, 04:13 PM
Now don't you feel better....until you are proven wrong again? :p

Yep, and I fully expect to see a Vikings/Jets Super Bowl. :D

AmPat
01-18-2010, 04:29 PM
Having the clear vision afforded by the Cowboy's thrashing, I'm gonna say Colts-Vikes.

After the Thrashing, the Cowboys ought to change their name to the Dallas Bee Keepers. I keep thinking of SNL skit many years ago about Vikings and Bee Keepers.:D

jediab
01-20-2010, 10:04 AM
As a Minnesota native and life long Vikings fan, I would love to say they will win.

But to do so would bring my hopes up and they are well known for blowing it in the end. :(

As for the Jets vs Colts, I would like to see the Jets win because I like to see different teams each year in the SuperBowl.

NJCardFan
01-20-2010, 11:35 AM
Vikings could become the only 5 time SB loser.

As a Minnesota native and life long Vikings fan, I would love to say they will win.

But to do so would bring my hopes up and they are well known for blowing it in the end. :(

As for the Jets vs Colts, I would like to see the Jets win because I like to see different teams each year in the SuperBowl.

Then this would mean you want the Saints in it considering they're the only one playing this weekend that hasn't been there yet.

Rebel Yell
01-20-2010, 11:38 AM
The Colts will put the hurt on the Jets.

Saints will eke out a win over the Vikings. Home field advantage will be a big deal in the Superdome; also, Minnesota has had a terrible record on the road.

But all of those road losses came on natural grass. They're undefeated on turf.

I think the Colts scald the Jets. Even though I like smashmouth football and Rex Ryan, I think Sanchez needs another year or two.

I think the Vikings win in a shootout. Their D is better than the Saints' D.

Constitutionally Speaking
01-20-2010, 03:47 PM
Colts and Vikes.

ralph wiggum
01-25-2010, 03:15 PM
Fine. Saints & Colts.

Holy crap, I was right. :eek: