PDA

View Full Version : "They're Making 'Pork_Sickles In The Austrian Alps !"

megimoo
01-18-2010, 09:15 AM
Austrian activists protest experiments testing avalanche survival by burying pigs in snow

Vehement protests by animal rights activists prompted scientists on Thursday to temporarily stop an avalanche experiment that involved burying pigs in snow and monitoring their deaths.

The two-week experiment - taking place in the Western Austrian Alps - was trying to determine what factors make it possible for humans to survive an avalanche in an air pocket until rescued without suffering permanent brain damage.

Hermann Brugger, co-director of the experiment led by the Institute of Mountain Emergency Medicine in Bolzano, Italy, and the Medical University of Innsbruck, Austria, asserted the pigs didn't suffer because they were sedated and given an anesthetic beforehand.

But activists called it cruel and pointless.

Following protests Thursday, Herbert Lochs, director of the Medical University of Innsbruck, confirmed the experiment had been halted temporarily due to the massive media interest sparked by the activists' protests. A total of 29 animals had been selected for the tests.

"It is absolutely unacceptable that these highly sensitive, helpless animals are killed for such an unnecessary test," said Johanna Stadler, head of the group Four Paws..

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5i-FMysCD-ud1zuZWNerqziDmaoFw

Bubba Dawg
01-18-2010, 10:48 AM
How many of these pigs are volunteer?

Where did they come from?

Has anybody seen Rock!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Rock!!! Where are ya? :eek:

Bubba Dawg
01-18-2010, 03:36 PM
Maybe we'll here from Rock Soon.....

lacarnut
01-18-2010, 03:43 PM
Since we are not allowed to do research on animals, let's do it on humans. You think some of those protester would volunteer. Kill the humans and save the pigs would be my motto. Only down side would be that they would be unfit for human consumption.

megimoo
01-18-2010, 06:03 PM
'Bizarre' pig burial called off

An experiment in Austria in which 29 live pigs were to be buried under masses of snow to study human survival chances in avalanches has been called off for fear of public protests, police said Friday.

Animal rights groups condemned the experiment as "bizarre" and "macabre" and activists had started gathering in the Tyrol's Oetz valley, where the research was being conducted by the medical faculty of Innsbruck University and the emergency medicine centre at Bolzano, Italy.

"The outcry is understandable but also naive; animal experiments take place every day in different places," one of the researchers, Peter Paal, told the APA news agency.

In response to the animal rights activists, the scientists had said that the pigs were sedated and that the authorities had given their approval.

Scientists want to study the effect of air pockets that form under snow during avalanches on victims' survival chances.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/01/16/2793887.htm

Rockntractor
01-18-2010, 06:27 PM
Maybe we'll here from Rock Soon.....

Whats up Bubba? I'm busy packing I just won a free vacation to the Austrian Alps. Whats going on with you?:D

Bubba Dawg
01-18-2010, 06:31 PM
Whats up Bubba? I'm busy packing I just won a free vacation to the Austrian Alps. Whats going on with you?:D

Don't Go!!!!!:eek::D

Looks like they canceled it anyway.

obx
01-18-2010, 06:32 PM
I hope they also bury some bbq sauce.
________
Iolite Review (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/iolite)

Rockntractor
01-18-2010, 06:34 PM

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/233387012_a17e178695.jpg?t=1263857091
:eek:

Bubba Dawg
01-18-2010, 06:36 PM

That's cold man.........do your prefer a vinegar or mustard based sauce?

Rockntractor
01-18-2010, 06:38 PM
That's cold man.........do your prefer a vinegar or mustard based sauce?
You mean they don't laugh and tell jokes about your accomplishments at a pig roast?:confused::eek:

Bubba Dawg
01-18-2010, 06:39 PM
You mean they don't laugh and tell jokes about your accomplishments at a pig roast?:confused::eek:

All the jokes are in good taste....

obx
01-18-2010, 06:46 PM
NC vinegar..shaken, not stirred
________
Creampie gay (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/457/gay/videos/1)

obx
01-18-2010, 06:50 PM
Don't Go!!!!!:eek::D

Looks like they canceled it anyway.

WHO SQUEALED??
________
A7 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Kawasaki_A7)

Bubba Dawg
01-18-2010, 07:00 PM
NC vinegar..shaken, not stirred

I love a NC vinegar sauce. I like to sauce the meat (pork of course) with a thin vinegar based sauce and then put hot sauce on it.

Bubba Dawg
01-18-2010, 07:01 PM
WHO SQUEALED??

Some attention-hog.

noonwitch
01-19-2010, 01:07 PM
It seems like an unnecessarily cruel experiment. I don't think animal testing should be banned-especially when it comes to medicines and such. This was a test to see how long they can live buried in snow-is there a beneficial reason for that? It's like the cruel monkey tests the psych department did at WMU-they would open up a monkey's skull and put electrodes directly on the poor critter's head, to see how much pain it could take before it died. I don't really see any benefit to humanity coming from that type of experiment.

On top of everything else, they won't be cooking the pigs, because they will be disecting them. :mad:

The austrians are cruel bastards, anyways-I know this because my grandpa came from Austria, although he is a slovenian/austrian mix, as far as his own heritage goes. They are good at science and technology because they have no regard for animal or human life. Hitler and Freud were the most famous austrians of the 20th century.

Gingersnap
01-19-2010, 01:12 PM
It seems like an unnecessarily cruel experiment. I don't think animal testing should be banned-especially when it comes to medicines and such. This was a test to see how long they can live buried in snow-is there a beneficial reason for that?

Well, it would be pretty beneficial if the SAR teams didn't pack up and go home while you were still alive under 4 feet of snow. ;)