PDA

View Full Version : Awakened by the sound of gun shots

FlaGator
01-19-2010, 02:54 AM
It's around 2:15am right now. About an hour and a half ago I woke up hearing gun fire really close to my house, 5 to 7 shots. Within seconds someone is banging on my front door screaming something I can't understand. I hop up out of bed and grab the phone with one hand and my .45 with the other. I call 911 and report what is going on. Finishing the call I throw on some jeans and a hoodie and head to the front door, the dogs are going nuts by this point. I look out the window and see no one at the door so me, the dogs and the .45 head outside.

Outside I notice that several of the neighbors are standing in their doorways and the interior light on my truck is on. The next door neighbor and her boyfriend approach me. I recognize them and slip the .45 in to the front pocket of my hoodie. The boyfriend tells me that they heard their dog barking and when they looked out the window to investigate they see someone in my truck and realize it's not me. The boyfriend runs out side and shouts at the person who hops out of my truck (apparently taking my Garmon GPS with them). The guy takes off and a few seconds later gun shots are heard. I am told that everybody except the perp hits the deck. The perp in the hoodie runs off and my neighbor's boyfriend starts banging on my door yelling "SOS, it's your neighbor! SOS." He dashes back home but then sees me and the dogs and he and his girlfriend come over and catch me up on things.

Moments later the police show up. We explain things from each of our prespectives and the officer walks two houses over where 2 other police cars are parked. I go inside and put the .45 on a table. Back outside the police explain to us that the house where the other officers are investigating got hit with a bullet and blew out a window. The office does the usual stuff, filling out reports and taking statements. At this point I look through my truck and find the Garmon missing so I report that. Eventually the officer tells us that the are doing 2 crime scenes reports with each referencing the other. He also gives me a victim's rights report and tells me that the Garmon probably won't be recovered but to call in its serial number and model when I get it so they can put it on a watch list for pawn shops. I say good night and go in the house and back to bed.

10 minutes later there is a knock on the door. I get up and answer the door and it's the officer I did the report with. He holds out my Garmon, the caring case and the power supply and says "Is this your Garmon?" While looking for bullet casings they found my Garmon. The officer then speculates that the guy took off and one of the neighbors must have open fired on him because the bullets were headed in the same direction he or she was running. The perp must have thrown the stuff down so as not to hinder his get away or to have it on him if he got caught. He makes a comment that he hopes the perp got winged. He may have felt that, but he may have been feeling me to see if I'd loosen up and provide more information about the shooting. At any rate, no one got hurt, the perp got some excerise, I got my stuff back, someone got some ill advised late night target practice and our unofficial neighborhood watch program was successful

And some people say that there is no God. :)

Now back to bed for a couple more hours of sleep.

SarasotaRepub
01-19-2010, 06:57 AM
An eventful morning my friend! :eek:

Well at least no one was hurt, that's the important part.

obx
01-19-2010, 07:24 AM
Glad you were not hurt, sorry the thief was not.
________
Handjob Cock (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/668/cock/videos/1)

Gingersnap
01-19-2010, 09:20 AM
Did he damage your truck any? :eek:

FlaGator
01-19-2010, 09:44 AM
Did he damage your truck any? :eek:

No, I apparently left it unlocked. I don't do that often, but when I got home yesterday I had my hands full and it slipped my mind.

stsinner
01-19-2010, 09:48 AM
Glad it turned out well.. We can't have bad things happen on this most important of election days!!! No bad karma!!!

Speedy
01-19-2010, 10:25 AM
On local websites and other places place messages demeaning these bastards. They will probably be back trying to prove themselves since they got chased off. Nothing wrong with a little more late night target practice.

linda22003
01-19-2010, 10:32 AM
We have GPS systems taken in our neighborhood, but it's when they are left visibly in the car and doors are unlocked. It tends to be a "kid" crime in our area. We never leave the GPS out in the car, and we never leave doors unlocked if a car is outside. Why make it so easy? :cool:

aerojarod
01-19-2010, 10:45 AM
So I'm not quite clear... none of the neighbors fessed up to the shooting? Y'all got each others' back, huh? Sweet! I hope the neighbor with the broken window gets it replaced by the shooter.

Great story , man!

Rockntractor
01-19-2010, 10:50 AM
Sounds like too much excitement for one night! I would have never got back to sleep.

FlaGator
01-19-2010, 11:09 AM
So I'm not quite clear... none of the neighbors fessed up to the shooting? Y'all got each others' back, huh? Sweet! I hope the neighbor with the broken window gets it replaced by the shooter.

Great story , man!

There is a group of us who watch out for each other. There use to be no crime problems where I live but the last few months there have been several car break ins and a couple of houses have been broken in to. After a few of us talked we realized that at least one or two of us where always home so we decided that it was best if we just pay a little extra attention to what is going on at each others homes. We know which cars and visitors are regulars and the normal comings and goings of each other . Once you have this kind of info, unusual events stand out. I'm not downing the police, but we have a much quicker response time.

Speedy
01-19-2010, 11:38 AM
When I was still with Yvette we had a series of home burglaries in our neighborhood. The guys would knock on the door and if no one answered, they would go around the back and break in. This escalated to home invasion when someone answered the front door, they forced themselved in and then went on a power trip thinking their victim's fear was "cool." They did not injure or rape the victim but she was traumatized and threatened.

About a month later they knocked on one of the doors in the neighborhood and when no one answered, they went into the backyard and found the backdoor open. They went inside and were confronted by the homeowner weilding a shotgun. The best part, one of those little fuckers was shot.

SaintLouieWoman
01-19-2010, 03:57 PM
My previous two houses had much better police protection that what is provided by St Louis County. I rarely see a squad car go through the neighborhood---actually, maybe once or twice in almost 4 years. But most of the neighbors have an unofficial neighborhood watch. The nosy lttle old lady across the street is a treasure. :D

Fortunately we have a garage, so the cars are safe overnight. I'm obsessive about keeping the garage door down and also keeping the car doors locked when parked outside the garage.

Glad you got your Garmin back. The way they're having so many sales on them, you'd think the perps wouldn't take chances for something that probably doesn't reap much at a local pawnshop. If you can get some of them on sale for a little over $100, why would they bother? (I realize they had been much more expensive).

Shannon
01-19-2010, 08:23 PM
We have GPS systems taken in our neighborhood, but it's when they are left visibly in the car and doors are unlocked. It tends to be a "kid" crime in our area. We never leave the GPS out in the car, and we never leave doors unlocked if a car is outside. Why make it so easy? :cool:

When my ex and I bought our first house both of our cars were broken into the first night (welcome to the neighborhood). I had left mine unlocked (something he always chided me about). More damage was done breaking into his car than was done to mine. I thought it was kinda funny.:p