PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Shopping.

Gingersnap
01-20-2010, 09:37 AM
It's still cold here and there seems to be no hope in sight for either a major snowstorm or spring. Arguably, this is the suckiest time of year.

I realized on the way into work that I'm going to have to stop at a grocery store after work to pick up some eggs. This hardly ever happens to me. I'm just not one of those every-couple-of-days kind of grocery shopper. In fact, I usually only go every couple of weeks (maybe less in summer).

TOTD: How often do you go to the store?

linda22003
01-20-2010, 09:51 AM
Weekly; early on Saturday mornings. It's easy for the spouse to pick up things midweek, but it's not usually necessary.

FlaGator
01-20-2010, 09:58 AM
Beautiful day today. Clear skies with highs in the low 70s

TOTD: Once a week on Saturday afternoon.

lacarnut
01-20-2010, 12:42 PM
cloudy with a chance of rain and in the high 60's

TOTD: Walleymart early Sunday am & once or twice during the week to my Italian Groc. store. that does not take Food Stamps.

ralph wiggum
01-20-2010, 02:29 PM
Let's see, we got about half an inch of ice overnight. Office didn't open until noon. Parking lots are skating rinks. We're hovering between 32 & 30 degrees, and now all this freaking slush is going to turn into ice by the time I leave. :mad:

TOTD: Once a week. I'm a guy.

djones520
01-20-2010, 02:30 PM
TOTD: We usually do a big trip once every two weeks, and then will do some small trips throughout the period to get things like milk and bread.

hampshirebrit
01-20-2010, 03:14 PM
Witches tit in Teh Yuk, but no snow, this time, even though it was forecast.

TOTD: Most every day. I live within walking distance, and I like my food fresh. Once a week I make a full mechanized assault run to get the stuff I can't carry back (ie I take the porker :D )

SaintLouieWoman
01-20-2010, 03:38 PM
In the 40's here, but seems absolutely tropical in comparison to the cold wave a couple weeks ago.

TOTD: Usually go to Costco every other week or so for mass purchases. I stop at Whole Foods at least 2 or 3 times a week, to get fresh seafood and veggies. I usually go once a week to either Schnuck's or Dierbergs for regular groceries.

linda22003
01-20-2010, 03:48 PM
TOTD: Usually go to Costco every other week or so for mass purchases. I stop at Whole Foods at least 2 or 3 times a week, to get fresh seafood and veggies. I usually go once a week to either Schnuck's or Dierbergs for regular groceries.

Sounds like there isn't time for much else! That's a lot of shopping! :eek:

SaintLouieWoman
01-20-2010, 04:04 PM
Sounds like there isn't time for much else! That's a lot of shopping! :eek:

The Whole Foods store isn't that large, can get through it quickly. I really like their fresh seafood and feel it's worth the time.:D

RobJohnson
01-20-2010, 04:27 PM
Let's see, we got about half an inch of ice overnight. Office didn't open until noon. Parking lots are skating rinks. We're hovering between 32 & 30 degrees, and now all this freaking slush is going to turn into ice by the time I leave. :mad:

TOTD: Once a week. I'm a guy.

That sucks.

I just talked to a friend in IL and they are having the same scenario. He's happy because he has the night off work and was just called to be a bowling leauge sub.

TOTD: I go as needed. Sometimes I just need milk, other times I need more then that. It's never more then once a week, and sometimes I only go once a month. I do eat out alot.

ralph wiggum
01-20-2010, 04:46 PM
That sucks.

I just talked to a friend in IL and they are having the same scenario. He's happy because he has the night off work and was just called to be a bowling leauge sub.

TOTD: I go as needed. Sometimes I just need milk, other times I need more then that. It's never more then once a week, and sometimes I only go once a month. I do eat out alot.

It is supposed to do the same thing tomorrow morning too. Freezing rain is scheduled to start around 3-4 A.M.

RobJohnson
01-20-2010, 05:26 PM
It is supposed to do the same thing tomorrow morning too. Freezing rain is scheduled to start around 3-4 A.M.

Yikes.

Tomorrow, just about the time I leave for work, there is a 99% chance of rain and 40 MPH winds!

Rockntractor
01-20-2010, 07:47 PM

There is nothing worse than power outages from freezing rain!

Bubba Dawg
01-20-2010, 09:19 PM
Rainy here.

I go to the store once a week for the main groceries.

Once a week to the liquor store.

One more time a week back to te grocery store for stuff I forgot.

Once a week to Home Depot or the hardware store.

I buy books and cigars online.