PDA

View Full Version : Boy killed in West Bank protest

mourningdove
07-29-2008, 10:22 PM
Israeli troops have shot dead a 12-year-old Palestinian boy during a protest against Israel's barrier in the occupied West Bank, medics say.

The Israeli military said it was investigating what had happened.

It happened at Nilin village, west of Ramallah, where peace activists say Israel is taking 25 hectares of land from villagers to build the barrier.

The Israeli army is replacing the main access road to the village with a tunnel under military control.

Activists say the plan will have the effect of turning Nilin into a prison. Israel says the barrier and other construction work is necessary for security reasons.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7531741.stm

jinxmchue
07-30-2008, 12:56 AM
Question: why are the Palestinians allowing 12-year-old boys to participate in their violent protests?

noonwitch
07-30-2008, 08:53 AM
Question: why are the Palestinians allowing 12-year-old boys to participate in their violent protests?

Because they think it makes the Israelis look bad in the international community when the kids get shot by soldiers.

NonConformist
07-30-2008, 09:34 AM
Thats what happens when you throw Molotov Cocktails or rocks at people w/ guns you dumb rags

Goldwater
07-30-2008, 09:42 AM
Thats what happens when you throw Molotov Cocktails or rocks at people w/ guns you dumb rags

:rolleyes:

NonConformist
07-30-2008, 10:59 AM
:rolleyes:

What? :confused: Rocks can kill you, even here its grounds for using deadly force, felonius hurling of missiles, look it up...

Odysseus
07-30-2008, 12:20 PM
What? :confused: Rocks can kill you, even here its grounds for using deadly force, felonius hurling of missiles, look it up...

Besides, they don't just throw them, they use slings, a la David and Goliath.

jinxmchue
07-30-2008, 12:56 PM
Besides, they don't just throw them, they use slings, a la David and Goliath.

Bringing a sling to a gun fight. Wonder which side wins more often.

SarasotaRepub
07-30-2008, 02:02 PM
Poor kid...they blowup so fast.

:p

Teetop
07-30-2008, 02:57 PM

Most "kids" are always standing near a terrorist while a fight is going on.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c368/album1_/PalestiniansUseKidsAsHumanShieldsToShoot/Pals-HumanShields-a.jpg

Darwin's Law...

:cool:

Goldwater
07-30-2008, 03:32 PM
Bringing a sling to a gun fight. Wonder which side wins more often.

I'm sure they'd bring guns if they had them.

Zafod
07-30-2008, 04:43 PM

No, they like to launch rockets into nieghborhoods without any warning.

Sonnabend
07-30-2008, 04:47 PM

I see Goldwater has never heard of Pallywood. They have guns galore.

Goldwater
07-30-2008, 06:52 PM
I see Goldwater has never heard of Pallywood. They have guns galore.

I see Sonnabend thinks the Palestinians (especially the teens) actually have a chance against the tanks, training and arms of the Israelis.

NonConformist
07-30-2008, 07:00 PM
Then you would think they would stop shooting at them, blowing up markets and buses etc; and then the Israelis would roll in w/ tanks and rifles etc

Goldwater
07-30-2008, 07:13 PM
Then you would think they would stop shooting at them, blowing up markets and buses etc; and then the Israelis would roll in w/ tanks and rifles etc

It isn't the threat of the Palestinians that stop them from doing that. They could roll in and kill everything without too much damage, it is what the rest of the world would do.

Zafod
07-30-2008, 07:28 PM
*sniff* *sniff*

Why do I smell PLO in here?

Goldwater
07-30-2008, 07:51 PM
*sniff* *sniff*

Why do I smell PLO in here?

Wow, one guy says something about the Palestinians being weak and you let rip with that. The world is not black and white.

Odysseus
07-30-2008, 10:59 PM
It isn't the threat of the Palestinians that stop them from doing that. They could roll in and kill everything without too much damage, it is what the rest of the world would do.

If past history is any indication, the world would do nothing. The Arab states refused to absorb the Palestinians in 1948, consigning them to UN refugee camps where they were fed on the rest of the world's dime. From 1948 to 1967, there was no call for a Palestinian state. It wasn't until the West Bank and Sinai changed hands that the Arabs discovered the Palestinians.

In fact, the only country that has tried to provide for them is Israel, and you see how that's gone.

Sonnabend
07-31-2008, 06:22 AM
I see Sonnabend thinks the Palestinians (especially the teens) actually have a chance against the tanks, training and arms of the Israelis.

There is no Palestine. There is only a bunch of displaced Arabs, troublemakers that no one wants. If the others want this fixed so badly,let THEM give them a State.

And the terr's have weapons , rockets etc and have created havoc for years. Mind you they never have the guts to stand up and fight..thats why they fire rockets into houses, machinegun schools, bomb marketplaces, strap bombs to children......

marinejcksn
07-31-2008, 07:45 AM
Non-involvement, non-involvement, non-involvement. Just praying America gets the hell out and stays out...we've been over here far too long. Not the same as isolationism. America continues to excert it's influence in the Middle East, it'll end in nothing but bloodshed.

Molon Labe
07-31-2008, 07:59 AM

I'm not sure of the details about the death of this boy and rocks....., but I am familiar with many that were at Abu Ghraib during the little known 04' riot. The inmates used rocks and most of the soldiers felt very threatened by it resulting in the use of crowd control measures and eventually live fire. If there is one thing an Arab learns well early in life...it's how to throw a rock.

Goldwater
07-31-2008, 08:03 AM
Non-involvement, non-involvement, non-involvement. Just praying America gets the hell out and stays out...we've been over here far too long. Not the same as isolationism. America continues to excert it's influence in the Middle East, it'll end in nothing but bloodshed.

Yup, true. Isolationism is different from having the foreign policy of a normal country.

AmPat
07-31-2008, 10:17 AM
I'm not sure of the details about the death of this boy and rocks....., but I am familiar with many that were at Abu Ghraib during the little known 04' riot. The inmates used rocks and most of the soldiers felt very threatened by it resulting in the use of crowd control measures and eventually live fire. If there is one thing an Arab learns well early in life...it's how to throw a rock.

They even throw at our passing helicopters. I used to say that if one of them actually happens to hit mine, I'm going to land and offer to become his agent.:D

asdf2231
07-31-2008, 11:57 AM
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l307/asdf2231/protest/sling.jpg

I guess they should have included "Ducking" in the slinging rocks instruction sessions.

Odysseus
07-31-2008, 05:34 PM
There is no Palestine. There is only a bunch of displaced Arabs, troublemakers that no one wants. If the others want this fixed so badly,let THEM give them a State.

And the terr's have weapons , rockets etc and have created havoc for years. Mind you they never have the guts to stand up and fight..thats why they fire rockets into houses, machinegun schools, bomb marketplaces, strap bombs to children......
It's called "Jordan"

They even throw at our passing helicopters. I used to say that if one of them actually happens to hit mine, I'm going to land and offer to become his agent.:D
Especially if it changes up before connecting. :D