PDA

View Full Version : ‘Whites only' basketball league announced

Rebel Yell
01-22-2010, 01:32 PM
‘Whites only' basketball league announced

Is a new professional basketball league announced this week for real, or is it all just some sort of joke or publicity stunt by former pro wrestling promoter Don "Moose" Lewis?

The Augusta Chronicle reported on Tuesday that the All-American Basketball Alliance plans to kick off its inaugural season in June and hopes that Augusta will be one of 12 cities to host teams.

But here's the kicker: According to a press release the newspaper and other Augusta media outlets received from the new league, "only players that are natural-born United State citizens with both parents of Caucasian race are eligible to play in the league."

That's right. Lewis, who calls himself the commissioner of the AABA, will exclude blacks and all foreigners from his new league, which the newspaper said will be based in Atlanta.

According to the Chronicle, Lewis said he wants to emphasize "fundamental basketball" instead of "street ball" played by "people of color."

"There's nothing hatred about what we're doing," Lewis told the paper. "I don't hate anyone of color."

Lewis pointed out recent incidents in the NBA, including Gilbert Arenas' suspension for bringing a gun into the Washington Wizards locker room, and said, "Would you want to go to the game and worry about a player flipping you off or attacking you in the stands or grabbing their crotch?"

But is Lewis, a former promoter of the International Wrestling Union, serious about his plans for such an exclusionary league, which he hopes will have teams in a dozen southeastern cities such as Augusta, Albany and Chattanooga, Tenn.?

The AABA apparently has no Web site, and efforts early Thursday to reach Lewis through the telephone number listed on the league's press release were unsuccessful.

"I am a sports enthusiast myself, but I just don't think that idea's going to fly in Augusta, Ga.," Augusta Mayor Deke Copenhaver told WJBF-TV.

http://www.ajc.com/news/whites-only-basketball-league-279688.html

What the hell?

BSR
01-22-2010, 07:24 PM
oooooohhhh. stsinner must be giddy right now !!!

Bubba Dawg
01-22-2010, 07:25 PM
oooooohhhh. stsinner must be gitty right now !!!

I find the notion of Stsinner being giddy vaguely disturbing.

Articulate_Ape
01-22-2010, 07:32 PM
I think it is a rather brilliant publicity stunt.

Gingersnap
01-22-2010, 10:35 PM
Meh. How is this different from any other similar stunt? You could argue convincingly that women's basketball is identical. Let's face it - no women are going give the NBA a run for its money. But neither are the Harlem Globetrotters.

If they develop a fan base, good for them. Whatever.

stsinner
01-22-2010, 11:09 PM
oooooohhhh. stsinner must be giddy right now !!!

Actually, I was masturbating as I read the thread... But, really, he has a good point with the blacks bringing guns into the locker room and being suspended for fights and whatnot.. His intention is to play basketball, proper, not street ball, and I think there may be a place for that.. I think he could argue that black have the United Negro College Fund and such, which whites are excluded from, so why not a basketball league where only civil whites can play? It will be boring as hell, and the scores will be low, but I think he has every Constitutional right to do it and plenty of ammo for merely reciprocating..

We have our other white sport, hockey, so why not basketball? Blacks could start a blacks-only leage.. . Oh, wait..... the NBA already exists...

Sonnabend
01-23-2010, 07:38 AM
We have our other white sport, hockey, so why not basketball? Blacks could start a blacks-only leage.. . Oh, wait..... the NBA already exists...1. The NBA is not black only
2. I think you are lying, and you do have a Stormfront acct under another name, after you got caught
3. You're a truther and a racist.

djones520
01-23-2010, 07:50 AM
The NHL is not a "white only" sport. 52% of the players alone are Canadian. Almost another 25% are european, mostly coming from Russia, Sweden, Norway, etc...

There are 34 non-white players in the NHL, blacks, asians, latino's and even middle easterners. That's almost 1.5 total teams. There is no policy keeping black people out. Just that roughly 3/4's of the countries that contribute players has almost all white populations.

So don't even try to compair the two.

NJCardFan
01-23-2010, 11:35 AM
The NHL is not a "white only" sport. 52% of the players alone are Canadian. Almost another 25% are european, mostly coming from Russia, Sweden, Norway, etc...

There are 34 non-white players in the NHL, blacks, asians, latino's and even middle easterners. That's almost 1.5 total teams. There is no policy keeping black people out. Just that roughly 3/4's of the countries that contribute players has almost all white populations.

Um, Canadians, Russians, Norwegians, Swedes are predominantly white, dude. That said, if anyone thinks hockey is a white only sport never heard of Georges Laraque, Ray Emrey, Anson Carter, Donald Brashear, Mike Grier, to name a few not to mention a pretty decent player named Jerome Iginla. Bernie Saunders of ESPN was on the Quebec Nordiques at one time but don't know if he ever cracked the big club.

As for this league, it's a publicity stunt.

djones520
01-23-2010, 11:40 AM
Um, Canadians, Russians, Norwegians, Swedes are predominantly white, dude. That said, if anyone thinks hockey is a white only sport never heard of Georges Laraque, Ray Emrey, Anson Carter, Donald Brashear, Mike Grier, to name a few not to mention a pretty decent player named Jerome Iginla. Bernie Saunders of ESPN was on the Quebec Nordiques at one time but don't know if he ever cracked the big club.

As for this league, it's a publicity stunt.

Thats what I'm saying. The majority of the player pool comes from countries that just doesn't have "non-whites". So you can't blame it on any policies of exclusion.

MountainMan
01-23-2010, 01:25 PM
Anybody who doesn't find this league utterly racist is a fool. I hope they fucking fail and the participants never heard from again.

stsinner
01-23-2010, 04:57 PM
1. The NBA is not black only
2. I think you are lying, and you do have a Stormfront acct under another name, after you got caught
3. You're a truther and a racist.

And you're just a silly hot-headed jackass... And you're funny.. My goal is to give you a stroke, and I think I'm right on track, you silly dickhead.

And, and since you're too dumb to get what I was suggesting-the NBA is MOSTLY black, the NHL is MOSTLY white, baseball is recruiting MAINLY Hispanics, golf players are MOSTLY white, etc., etc.. Every sport has a dominant race, you douche! Of course they're not exclusively black in the NBA-that was sarcasm..

PoliCon
01-23-2010, 05:05 PM
You know it's quite possible to emphasize good behavior and the fundamentals of the game without being racist and excluding people based on race or nationality.

stsinner
01-23-2010, 05:08 PM
You know it's quite possible to emphasize good behavior and the fundamentals of the game without being racist and excluding people based on race or nationality.

I get a feeling the guy is just looking for attention, not really starting a whites-only league. It would be in court before the first person was recruited.

Sonnabend
01-23-2010, 06:22 PM
And you're just a silly hot-headed jackass... And you're funny.. My goal is to give you a stroke, and I think I'm right on track, you silly dickhead.

1. You're a racist.
2. You're a self admitted Truther
3. You admitted you made an acct on StormFront to "read the articles"
4. I'm not the only one who thinks you're a StormFront member.

Doesnt matter...sooner or later you'll make a mistake. I can wait.

And as for "hotheaded"...I don't suffer fools gladly.

And, and since you're too dumb to get what I was suggesting-the NBA is MOSTLY black, the NHL is MOSTLY white, baseball is recruiting MAINLY Hispanics, golf players are MOSTLY white, etc., etc.. Every sport has a dominant race, you douche! Of course they're not exclusively black in the NBA-that was sarcasm..

Every sport has dominant athletes...their race is irrelevant.

stsinner
01-23-2010, 06:47 PM
1. You're a racist.
2. You're a self admitted Truther
3. You admitted you made an acct on StormFront to "read the articles"
4. I'm not the only one who thinks you're a StormFront member.

Doesnt matter...sooner or later you'll make a mistake. I can wait.

And as for "hotheaded"...I don't suffer fools gladly.

Every sport has dominant athletes...their race is irrelevant.

LOL!!! Self-admitted truther.. You still think that word is insulting in some way to me?

You're so silly! I won't make a mistake, because I have absolutely nothing to hide! I simply deal in honesty, and you deal in fantasy, feel-good bullshit, except when you're discriminating against Muslims..

I guess if I said blacks are the best runners, I'd be being racist, right? Even though Ethiopian and Kenyans wn the Boston Marathon nearly every year by a comfortable margin.. This is the kind of stupid shit you choose to call racism.. What a tool.

..and you fancy yourself some kind of philosopher with your stupid oft-repeated suffering fools gladly idiocy when you, yourself look like a fool for taking the NBA crack literally, when I'm the one that lives in the fucking country where the sport is played and go to games-like I don't know that it's only MOSTLY black..
You're great amusement, and your constant ignorant Stormfront references seem to reveal a mild retardation, because only the retarded would believe the shit you spew.. What was it you were saying about Arabs earlier? Ragheads, I believe it was? Sure, I call them ragheads, too, but not just before showing my ass and calling another guy racist.. You're n hypocritical idiot..

Go get some therapy.. Really! It will help.

Sonnabend
01-23-2010, 07:17 PM
The fact that you actively made an account on StormFront is all I need to know. As for the rest...*shrug* I am not concerned about you either way....you are of little consequence. Just another fruitloop CT'er with a bent for white supremacy.

JB
01-23-2010, 08:21 PM
I hope they fucking fail and the participants never heard from again.Crap.

Anyone wanna buy my season tickets?

stsinner
01-23-2010, 09:38 PM
The fact that you actively made an account on StormFront is all I need to know. As for the rest...*shrug* I am not concerned about you either way....you are of little consequence. Just another fruitloop CT'er with a bent for white supremacy.

The fact that you think that anyone who creates an account a stormfront is a racist makes you an ignorant bastard.

PoliCon
01-23-2010, 11:23 PM
Crap.

Anyone wanna buy my season tickets?

sinner might be in the market . . . Not sure if he doesn't already have em though . . . :p - you can always sell them on stormfront!

NJCardFan
01-24-2010, 06:34 PM
The only thing I agree with the knucklehead starting this league is that the NBA is nothing more than playground ball anymore. Fundamentals are out the window and I frankly find the product unwatchable anymore. I haven't watched an NBA game in it's entirety in some years. Probably not since the 2002 playoffs. I find the NBA boring. At one time dunks were something special but nowadays when 60% of the points are scored off of dunks, they're just meh anymore. Not to mention the thuggery of some of the players. Give me college basketball any day.

noonwitch
01-25-2010, 11:49 AM

The NHL had something they called a diversity project going a few years ago. The rookies and younger Wings players spent some of their downtime at Clark Park, teaching kids from southwest Detroit how to play hockey. I don't know if the program is still going on, though.

Little League hockey in the Detroit suburbs has become pretty diverse. The city schools don't have hockey teams, but most of the suburban schools do.