PDA

View Full Version : "Wow: Obama says “Taliban Must take Legitimate Role” in Afghanistan"

megimoo
01-22-2010, 09:42 PM
Wow: Obama administration says “Taliban must take legitimate role” in Afghanistan

For all that our boys have fought and died for, we’re now giving legitimacy to the same enemy we went there to defeat? Imagine how our troops overseas must be feeling about the news that their Commander in Chief wants to legitimize the very enemy they’re trying to defeat. Sad…

NY Times - The United States recognizes that the Taliban are now part of the political fabric of Afghanistan, Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates said here on Friday, but the group must be prepared to play a legitimate role before it can reconcile with the Afghan government.

That means, Mr. Gates said, that the Taliban must participate in elections, not oppose education and not assassinate local officials. (yea good luck with that! -Ed)

“The question is whether the Taliban at some point in this process are ready to help build a 21st-century Afghanistan or whether they still just want to kill people,” Mr. Gates said. (That question is, frankly, above Obama’s pay grade-Ed)

http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2010/01/wow-obama-administration-says-%E2%80%9Ctaliban-must-take-legitimate-role%E2%80%9D-in-afghanistan/

Comments

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Right, Paul Alyunov. Paul Alyunov said: Wow: Obama administration says “Taliban must take legitimate role” in Afghanistan: For all that our boys have foug… http://bit.ly/4GyUoi [...]
DocScienceNo Gravatar
January 22nd, 2010 | 7:00 pm | #2

The Taliban are certainly not ready to build a 21st century Afghanistan, but they are pretty good at doing 6th century.

And yes, Mr. Gates, they do want to kill people who don’t submit.
HedgehogNo Gravatar
January 22nd, 2010 | 7:00 pm | #3

I believe that Impeachment is in order. Forget waiting until the elections. This Administration is treasonous.
AnonNo Gravatar
January 22nd, 2010 | 7:04 pm | #4

Obama is treason 24/7/365.

Impeach Obama!
Rick554No Gravatar
January 22nd, 2010 | 7:05 pm | #5

Did anyone else see this coming, or was it just me? We will see the Taliban at the White House some day, of THAT I’m sure.
ScottNo Gravatar
January 22nd, 2010 | 7:16 pm | #6

I sincerely refuse to believe that this article is not satirical in nature.
ScottNo Gravatar
January 22nd, 2010 | 7:17 pm | #7

“That means, Mr. Gates said, that the Taliban must participate in elections, not oppose education and not assassinate local officials.”

I mean come on, there is no way that was said in seriousness.
HueyNo Gravatar
January 22nd, 2010 | 7:24 pm | #8

Nexe, Hamas will be asked to take a serious role in Israeli politics.

News at 11:00.
pmNo Gravatar
January 22nd, 2010 | 7:25 pm | #9

Two days ago, I read Hillary just lifted the ban on visas for Islamic terrorist “scholars” — Debbie Schlussel.

Guess they figured they’d act while we were otherwise occupied with an exciting race.

It shouldn’t surprise us. We’ve been getting an outrage every few days for a year now.
opaobieNo Gravatar
January 22nd, 2010 | 7:31 pm | #10

Obama may think he is FDR reincarnated, but I haven’t read any FDR quotes inviting the Nazis or Fascists or the Emperor of Japan to “Beer Summits at the White House” to discuss their roles in the “New Deal” for the world. He can’t seriously be proposing partnering with the enemy to help run Afghanistan instead of wiping them out on the battlefield and letting the LEGITIMATE government run the country after the war is WON…my bad, I forgot we were discussing Barack “Hussein” Obama….
Major KongNo Gravatar
January 22nd, 2010 | 7:34 pm | #11

This is absolutely insane. What a betrayal of our fine troops.
jonyjoe101No Gravatar
January 22nd, 2010 | 7:40 pm | #12

If the Taliban are made part of the government, then the lives of the American dead was for nothing. That is a sure sign of defeat.

Where is Cindy Sheehan, haven’t heard a peep out of her. She was only antiwar when Bush was president, now she must be pro-war since obama is still keeping the wars going.

This is what obama thinks about America.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_c3WtQv44wGc/S1YaHaNXxVI/AAAAAAAACJU/A4a2×25xZas/s1600-h/obapee2.gif
jerrylNo Gravatar
January 22nd, 2010 | 7:44 pm | #13

well sheehan tried to prottest in front of chenys house guess she didnt get the memo that hes not vp anymore
Major KongNo Gravatar
January 22nd, 2010 | 7:52 pm | #14

Please donate to Haiti earthquake relief. These tired political arguments can wait.

Why do you believe these two activities are mutually exclusive?
John FembupNo Gravatar
January 22nd, 2010 | 7:56 pm | #15

The legitimate role for the Taliban in Afghanistan is to provide job security for the gravediggers who put them in the ground after they are killed. Otherwise, the Taliban will put everyone in the ground who resists them. Simple as that.
helphaitiNo Gravatar
January 22nd, 2010 | 8:19 pm | #16

Please put down your beers and take a time out from politics.

Donate now. Do not wait, there are my relatives still trapped in rubble.

Jesus Christ says to us this is our mission.
GiveHimTheShaftNo Gravatar
January 22nd, 2010 | 8:34 pm | #17

I think it’s a brilliant idea; Obama should go meet with them personally.