PDA

View Full Version : Specturd drives another nail in his own coffin.

PoliCon
01-22-2010, 11:53 PM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/01/21/specter_tells_bachmann_to_act_like_a_lady.html

"I'm going to treat you like a lady," Mr. Specter shot back. "Now act like one."

Check out the video. This guy is TOAST come November.

Apocalypse
01-23-2010, 12:07 AM
Yep, question is which side takes him out...

PoliCon
01-23-2010, 12:09 AM
Yep, question is which side takes him out...

hummmm . . . . good question . . . . :D

SaintLouieWoman
01-23-2010, 11:14 AM
What an arrogant, condescending piece of ___! I recall him pulling the same thing a while back on a female commentator. I think it was Laura Ingram.

I think perhaps he's getting too old to handle the job. His words are those of a long ago generation.

PoliCon
01-23-2010, 11:15 AM
What an arrogant, condescending piece of ___! I recall him pulling the same thing a while back on a female commentator. I think it was Laura Ingram.

I think perhaps he's getting too old to handle the job. His words are those of a long ago generation.

Notice the difference between his reaction when SHE interrupted him and when the male host interrupted him.

SaintLouieWoman
01-23-2010, 11:20 AM
Notice the difference between his reaction when SHE interrupted him and when the male host interrupted him.

It's the typical old boys club attitude. Just looked up his date of birth, born February 12, 1930. I guess I'm guilty of ageism, but at 80 years old, I think his mind just isn't as flexible, if it ever was.

It's probably just the way Specter has been forever. There was an artist in St Louis, Arthur Osver, who was producing art at 91 that was fresher than that produced by 30 year olds.

PoliCon
01-23-2010, 11:22 AM
The man is an ass and we of the state of Pennsylvania will be happy to see the back of him.

Space Gravy
01-23-2010, 11:25 AM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/01/21/specter_tells_bachmann_to_act_like_a_lady.html

"I'm going to treat you like a lady," Mr. Specter shot back. "Now act like one."

Check out the video. This guy is TOAST come November.

I think he was toast even before this. He switched sides when it was obvious he wouldn't make it out of the (R) primary.

SaintLouieWoman
01-23-2010, 11:32 AM
From Politico, Malkin's response to him on the Hannity show:

“The person interviewing us had asked what I thought about President Obama’s year,” she said. “I told him that I think we should focus on prosperity and job creation. And Sen. Specter turned and then questioned whether I was a lady and told me to basically sit down and be quiet.”

Asked if Specter had called her to apologize, Bachmann said: “No, not at all. We didn't hear anything.”

Bachmann then tried to use Specter’s outburst against her to make a bigger point about the Democratic majority that she frequently rails against.

“What was really stunning, again, about that whole interchange is it’s emblematic of the message the voters sent on Tuesday evening. The voters repudiated the arrogance that’s come out of the Democrat Party,” she said. “And what I heard yesterday on the radio with Sen. Specter was more of that arrogance. They haven’t sobered up yet as to the reality that the people are in charge, not this very liberal majority.”

Articulate_Ape
01-23-2010, 12:06 PM
Specter is the scum of the Earth.

PoliCon
01-23-2010, 04:32 PM
I think he was toast even before this. He switched sides when it was obvious he wouldn't make it out of the (R) primary.

Right. :) I take partial credit for his switch. I call his office regularly and always informed him that he was not going to be re-elected based on his votes. :)

Also PA does not allow him to run as an independent if he loses the party nomination - which he would have.