PDA

View Full Version : Spartacus - Blood and Sand

BadCat
01-23-2010, 11:09 AM
New series on Starz...premiered last night...anybody see it?

Looks like it was filmed by the same guys who did the movie "300", the same kind of slow-mo blood sprays.

I think it's for guys, REALLY violent, LOTS of blood and some fine naked women. Well, some of you gals might like it too, my wife enjoyed the muscular men.

Check it out if you haven't.

http://www.starz.com/originals/Spartacus/Arena

BadCat
01-23-2010, 11:15 AM
http://www.starz.com/originals/spartacus/screeningroom/Pages/screeningroom.aspx#/featured-video/

Here is a trailer.

RobJohnson
01-23-2010, 12:10 PM
Well in a few hours I should be getting that channel.

I will have to check it out.

The dish network dude comes today.

Last week I set my mom up with dish internet. She lives close enough I'm pretty sure I just need a good wireless router and I will be able to use it as a back up.

The trailer looks neat. Pretty girls.

djones520
01-23-2010, 12:32 PM
We don't get Starz, I believe Charter charges a stupid amount for it, so I don't see us getting it soon. I'll probably get it on Netflix once it hits DVD though.

RobJohnson
01-23-2010, 12:36 PM
We don't get Starz, I believe Charter charges a stupid amount for it, so I don't see us getting it soon. I'll probably get it on Netflix once it hits DVD though.

I've never done the Netflix thing. I have enough problems with Redbox...all the movies skip or stop on me!

djones520
01-23-2010, 12:37 PM
I've never done the Netflix thing. I have enough problems with Redbox...all the movies skip or stop on me!

We very rarely have issues with Netflix. If we do, they are very good about crediting us. I've been using it for about 7 years now, and have never had a complaint. Even in Japan.

RobJohnson
01-23-2010, 12:40 PM
We very rarely have issues with Netflix. If we do, they are very good about crediting us. I've been using it for about 7 years now, and have never had a complaint. Even in Japan.

My folks had good luck with netflix and blockbuster's mail service in the past. Places they lived in the RV when doing so full time, often had no TV or even dish signals!

Redbox does credit me often and the customer service has been great. My mail box is a few feet away, I'm lazy. :D

BadCat
01-23-2010, 01:14 PM
I don't know how long it's going to run, they said new episodes every Friday AND Sunday night.

MountainMan
01-23-2010, 01:16 PM

Dish network charges a stupid amount for it too so I will also be waiting for it to come out on DVD. :(

noonwitch
01-25-2010, 10:04 AM
New series on Starz...premiered last night...anybody see it?

Looks like it was filmed by the same guys who did the movie "300", the same kind of slow-mo blood sprays.

I think it's for guys, REALLY violent, LOTS of blood and some fine naked women. Well, some of you gals might like it too, my wife enjoyed the muscular men.

Check it out if you haven't.

http://www.starz.com/originals/Spartacus/Arena

If you don't have Starz, it was repeated on Encore last night at 10. It was pretty gory and all, but it was cool.

PoliCon
01-25-2010, 02:53 PM
I'm downloading it now off piratebay. I'll let you know what I think after I watch it

BadCat
01-25-2010, 04:26 PM
I'm downloading it now off piratebay. I'll let you know what I think after I watch it

Careful Poli.

Episode 1 has full frontal nudity with the Aussie blonde chick and top half nudity from the really hot brunette chick.

PoliCon
01-25-2010, 08:59 PM
Careful Poli.

Episode 1 has full frontal nudity with the Aussie blonde chick and top half nudity from the really hot brunette chick.

Oh noes! nekkid chicks? what Shall I do? :rolleyes:

PoliCon
01-26-2010, 12:41 AM
seems to be trying too hard to be 300. To much cartoony CGI for my tastes.

Rockntractor
01-26-2010, 12:45 AM
Careful Poli.

Poli's neck will swell up!