PDA

View Full Version : "Has a sitting president ever apologized for anything?"

stsinner
01-24-2010, 06:54 PM
This is right now the second comment after the article... I guess this poster missed Obama's several overseas trips where he apologized for America being great on several occasions.. Obama seems to be full of apologies for America and Americans.. So, has a sitting president ever apologized for anything? Yes. Profusely.

Some interesting comments.

http://seminal.firedoglake.com/diary/26014#Respond

AlmostThere
01-25-2010, 12:16 AM
I thought this had to be some type of rhetorical question, because the answer is so obvious. Anyone seriously asking that question must be either a 14 year old living in their parents basement or ....

What's the use? It's such a stupid question. Yes, the list is long.

noonwitch
01-25-2010, 02:49 PM
I thought this had to be some type of rhetorical question, because the answer is so obvious. Anyone seriously asking that question must be either a 14 year old living in their parents basement or ....

What's the use? It's such a stupid question. Yes, the list is long.

I'm pretty sure I remember Clinton apologizing after the Monica thing. I don't know how sincere it was, but it was an apology.

I would bet that GHW Bush apologized profusely to the japanese minister that he threw up all over.

Everyone does something in his or her life that requires an apology, even when he or she is old. It's life.

AlmostThere
01-25-2010, 06:17 PM
I'm pretty sure I remember Clinton apologizing after the Monica thing. I don't know how sincere it was, but it was an apology.

I would bet that GHW Bush apologized profusely to the japanese minister that he threw up all over.

Everyone does something in his or her life that requires an apology, even when he or she is old. It's life.

I don't recall ever seeing a Kennedy or LBJ apology, but the other presidents since have all made statements to the public that could be considered an apology. I can't believe that someone of adult age hasn't seen or heard of Reagan's apology following Iran-Contra. Some might even argue that LBJ's announcement that he would not seek or accept the nomination from his party, an apology. If it was, it was probably the closest thing that man could muster that resembled an apology.