PDA

View Full Version : Indianapolis Colts will go to the Super Bowl!

Apocalypse
01-24-2010, 10:25 PM
TOKYO -- The Indianapolis Colts will go to the Super Bowl after rallying from an 11-point, first-half deficit to beat the New York Jets 30-17 on Sunday. The Colts (15-2) are now headed back to Miami for the second time in four years for their fourth Super Bowl in franchise history, according to reports.

What a strange year with the game....

Bubba Dawg
01-24-2010, 10:44 PM
Good on the Colts and the Saints.

Should be a good Super Bowl.

PoliCon
01-24-2010, 11:07 PM
I'll be damned if I'm gonna root for NOLA.

AlmostThere
01-24-2010, 11:45 PM
It was really funny. The Saints played their worst offensive game of the season and it got them to the Superbowl. Thank God, the defense brought the wood tonight.

Apocalypse
01-25-2010, 01:27 AM
Well...

Colts ~VS~ Saints.

Lets see some predictions...

Personally, I have to say Colts, but with the way this year is going with strange games and upsets, I'm not placing in bets.

PoliCon
01-25-2010, 12:34 PM
Well...

Colts ~VS~ Saints.

Lets see some predictions...

Personally, I have to say Colts, but with the way this year is going with strange games and upsets, I'm not placing in bets.

I'll take the colts. After Katrina - I'm not rooting for anything connected to NOLA except the end of that city.

Rebel Yell
01-25-2010, 01:06 PM
I'll take the colts. After Katrina - I'm not rooting for anything connected to NOLA except the end of that city.

We were pulling for the Vikings (Favre). When NO hit the game winning field goaland the crowd went crazy, my wife said, "I hope they know they're sitting where all those people were pissing and shitting." Priceless.

PoliCon
01-25-2010, 01:13 PM
We were pulling for the Vikings (Favre). When NO hit the game winning field goaland the crowd went crazy, my wife said, "I hope they know they're sitting where all those people were pissing and shitting." Priceless.

:D

AlmostThere
01-25-2010, 06:28 PM
If Brees and Bush can calm down and play some ball and the defense plays to their capacity, it will be one of the most competitive Super Bowls in many years. Maybe one of the all-time best. :)

PoliCon
01-25-2010, 09:00 PM
It Brees and Bush can calm down and play some ball and the defense plays to their capacity, it will be one of the most competitive Super Bowls in many years. Maybe one of the all-time best. :)

Not possible.

AlmostThere
01-25-2010, 10:12 PM
Not possible.

On Any Given Sunday.

Tony: On any given Sunday you're gonna win or you're gonna lose. The point is - can you win or lose like a man?

I guess we'll know on the 7th.

PoliCon
01-25-2010, 10:16 PM
On Any Given Sunday.

Tony: On any given Sunday you're gonna win or you're gonna lose. The point is - can you win or lose like a man?

I guess we'll know on the 7th.

It's still not possible for this to be the greatest superbowl of all times.

AlmostThere
01-25-2010, 11:16 PM
It's still not possible for this to be the greatest superbowl of all times.

Maybe one of the all-time bestThat's a little different than "this will be the greatest super bowl of all time" don't ya think? At any rate, most super bowls suck and are over by half-time. If everyone shows up to play, this will be a great game.

PoliCon
01-25-2010, 11:25 PM
That's a little different than "this will be the greatest super bowl of all time" don't ya think? At any rate, most super bowls suck and are over by half-time. If everyone shows up to play, this will be a great game.

It can't even be ONE of the all time best. The Steelers aren't playing. :p

AlmostThere
01-25-2010, 11:55 PM

Even if they were, Bradshaw is sitting in a studio and not on the field. Quick story. When I was in high school I was in our marching band (played trumpet). In 1969 our high school was invited to play in the half-time show for La. Tech's homecoming game. Our band and a few others from around the state were invited. La Tech beat Lamar Tech 77-44; 11 possessions, 11 touchdowns. Terry Bradshaw was quarterback for La Tech. I don't remember much about our half-time show, but the game was incredible. :)

PoliCon
01-26-2010, 12:07 AM
Terry was teh awsum. But then - so were Green and Swann and the rest of the line up!

lacarnut
01-26-2010, 12:40 AM

That's a good thing. They would stomped by the Saints or Indy.

PoliCon
01-26-2010, 12:41 AM
That's a good thing. They would stomped by the Saints or Indy.

You all said the same thing last year and they won :p

lacarnut
01-26-2010, 12:59 AM
You all said the same thing last year and they won :p

What you did in 2008 does not translate to 2009. Professional football players today for the most part want a gazillion dollars if their team wins the S.B.; if they do not get it they get their diapers in a wad or jump ship thru free agency. The loyalty days of the Lombardi years along with the years Bradshaw played are over. There is a lot of greed on the part of the owners and players. I had an inkling to go to the S.B. on a budget of $2k for a week in warm and sunny Miami. Heck, the game ticket would cost me almost that much. So, I will watch it on TV.

AlmostThere
01-26-2010, 11:55 PM
Terry was teh awsum. But then - so were Green and Swann and the rest of the line up!

Yea, but Terry could see Lynn 60+ yards down the field and could still throw to him. The man had a cannon hiding in that jersey. 4 rings, huh?

stsinner
01-26-2010, 11:56 PM
I was born and raised in Indy!!! Go Colts!!!

AlmostThere
01-27-2010, 03:43 AM
I was born and raised in Indy!!! Go Colts!!!

They may have been hanging out in Indy for the last 26 years, but I'm sorry, they are the Baltimore Colts. Until there isn't anyone left alive who remembers Johnny U., they will be the Baltimore Colts. However, you can borrow them until they are officially yours.