PDA

View Full Version : "What A Great Dad He Will Make. He See's A Skinned Rabbit or Pigeon Not A Child !"

megimoo
07-30-2008, 10:41 AM
Gordon Ramsay Missed His Babies'Birth To Save Sex Life

"I don't want to see something coming out of a sort of sci-fi movie. "I don't want to see a skinned rabbit or skinned pigeon coming out of your ninny and then get excited and hold it.

"Give it to me when it's all nice and sort of clean and ready to go," he added.

Celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay missed the births of his four kids - because he feared it would spoil his sex life. Ramsay's fear was not hidden from his wife Tana. He told her everything honestly. "We have the most amazing life. We're very active in the bedroom and I think you're a beautiful lady," The Sun quoted him, as telling his wife.

http://news.webindia123.com/news/Articles/World/20080730/1013639.html

NonConformist
07-30-2008, 10:56 AM
What a messed up Brit :confused:

Gingersnap
07-30-2008, 11:09 AM
I've got to side with Gordon here. There's reason that women traditionally give birth among other women and the ick factor is part of that. There's a growing movement among young women to kick the tribe out of the delivery room and just have Mom in there, facing the wall.

I've been at births and I have absolutely no hard feelings for anyone who would rather skip the juicy part and show up at the christening. Similarly, if a woman wants to do this in the company of her mother, sister, or even medical strangers while Hubs waits outside, I think that's fine too. Millions of men have bonded with their kids just fine without ever having gazed on a placenta.

linda22003
07-30-2008, 11:12 AM
I think he's exactly right (with the exception of using the silly word "ninny"). When my husband and I were mulling over the idea of reproduction, we both agreed that he would be far more useful to me during delivery if he went to a very expensive jewelry store, rather than telling me to "breathe"!

Megimoo, how do you have time to post 750 threads a day? Did the "job and earning a living" thing just not work out? :p

linda22003
07-30-2008, 11:13 AM
I've been at births and I have absolutely no hard feelings for anyone who would rather skip the juicy part and show up at the christening.

Including the mother. As Joan Rivers described the ideal childbirth, "They knock you out at the first labor pain and wake you up when the hairdresser arrives".

hampshirebrit
07-30-2008, 11:16 AM
Megimoo, how do you have time to post 750 threads a day? Did the "job and earning a living" thing just not work out? :p

LOL :D !!!!!!

Gingersnap
07-30-2008, 11:26 AM
Including the mother. As Joan Rivers described the ideal childbirth, "They knock you out at the first labor pain and wake you up when the hairdresser arrives".

Absolutely. If a woman wants to punish her husband by making him hear her thrashing in pain, she can ask but I think he can refuse or at least refuse to observe the business end of things.

This is like a lot of Boomer ideas: fine for some individuals but painful when forcibly imposed on the entire culture.

NonConformist
07-30-2008, 11:29 AM
I was there for all three of my kids and have no regrets, nor has it changed my opinion of my wife. IMO Ramsey needs to grow the fuck up and be a man as opposed to acting like one on TV

LibraryLady
07-30-2008, 11:39 AM
I was there for all three of my kids and have no regrets, nor has it changed my opinion of my wife. IMO Ramsey needs to grow the fuck up and be a man as opposed to acting like one on TV

I was waiting for someone who actually has a child to comment!!

megimoo
07-30-2008, 11:43 AM
I've got to side with Gordon here. There's reason that women traditionally give birth among other women and the ick factor is part of that. There's a growing movement among young women to kick the tribe out of the delivery room and just have Mom in there, facing the wall.

I've been at births and I have absolutely no hard feelings for anyone who would rather skip the juicy part and show up at the christening. Similarly, if a woman wants to do this in the company of her mother, sister, or even medical strangers while Hubs waits outside, I think that's fine too. Millions of men have bonded with their kids just fine without ever having gazed on a placenta.

I suppose it all depends on the bond between a husband and his wife .Most men are abhorant at seeing a live birth with the perhaps screaming wife,the gore of birth and the wet wrinkled newborn child !
Some are willing if their wife demands it,Some even want to be there .

It is an experience to remember and to hold your newborn daughter and to be the first to talk to her is a great feeling and I highly recommend it !

megimoo
07-30-2008, 11:46 AM
I was there for all three of my kids and have no regrets, nor has it changed my opinion of my wife. IMO Ramsey needs to grow the fuck up and be a man as opposed to acting like one on TVIf he finds the act of sex to be 'dirty' he should be an abstainer like our saucy little Linda !

megimoo
07-30-2008, 12:01 PM
Absolutely. If a woman wants to punish her husband by making him hear her thrashing in pain, she can ask but I think he can refuse or at least refuse to observe the business end of things.

This is like a lot of Boomer ideas: fine for some individuals but painful when forcibly imposed on the entire culture.

In most cases the man/husband is not at the 'business end' of the actual birth but at his wifes head .

After the child is delivered and cleaned up some the nurse has the child wrapped up in a blanket she will hand the child to the father and mother to hold.

The 'blood and gore are all washed away and the 'business end' is fully drapped.
Gordan Ramsey is a bully and worse a 'Bloody Pussy' !

NonConformist
07-30-2008, 12:14 PM
It is an experience to remember and to hold your newborn daughter and to be the first to talk to her is a great feeling and I highly recommend it !

+1 Nothing comes close to those 3 days in my life, and on two of them i saw it all and it still didnt bother me

Odysseus
07-30-2008, 12:31 PM
In most cases the man/husband is not at the 'business end' of the actual birth but at his wifes head .
After the child is delivered and cleaned up some the nurse has the child wrapped up in a blanket she will hand the child to the father and mother to hold.
The 'blood and gore are all washed away and the 'business end' is fully drapped.
Gordan Ramsey is a bully and worse a 'Bloody Pussy' !

Not always. I cut the cord for both of my children and in both cases, she had a C-Section. It was not pretty. I sympathize with Ramsey's take on it, but he certainly could have put it better. If he'd simply said that he was squeamish, he'd have taken a little bit of ribbing but not the kind of flames that this will generate.

megimoo
07-30-2008, 12:37 PM
Not always. I cut the cord for both of my children and in both cases, she had a C-Section. It was not pretty. I sympathize with Ramsey's take on it, but he certainly could have put it better. If he'd simply said that he was squeamish, he'd have taken a little bit of ribbing but not the kind of flames that this will generate.I agree with you as I often do.But how would one not be able to put aside a squeamish feeling for the following joy of a new child in the family ?

noonwitch
07-30-2008, 01:24 PM
I've never had a baby, but if my baby's father was queasy about witnessing the birth, I'd rather have him wait in the lounge during the actual birth (not during the labor, though) and have my sister sit with me.

My brother and my BIL both witnessed their kids' births. They are both those kinds of guys, who are not easily grossed out and they were both very excited to be daddies.

linda22003
07-30-2008, 02:22 PM
If he finds the act of sex to be 'dirty' he should be an abstainer like our saucy little Linda !

The sex act isn't dirty, and I doubt that Gordon abstains from THAT any more than I do!:p

Gingersnap
07-30-2008, 02:43 PM
The sex act isn't dirty, and I doubt that Gordon abstains from THAT any more than I do!:p

He's got four or five kids so I'm pretty sure he's familiar with it.

Shannon
07-30-2008, 05:33 PM
I didn't even want the mid wife in the room much less my husband.

Odysseus
07-30-2008, 11:06 PM
The sex act isn't dirty...:p

It is if you're doing it right. :D