PDA

View Full Version : Saints beat the Vikings

lacarnut
01-25-2010, 12:00 AM
Saint pull another out of their hat with a 31-28 win. If that game did not give me a heart attack, nothing will. I think Brett played his last game. He took a beating tonight. First trip ever for the Saints to the Super Bowl.

Speedy
01-25-2010, 12:21 AM
Joe Buck and Troy Aikman were all but handing the Lombardi Trophy to Bret Farve with a minute left to go in regulation.

AlmostThere
01-25-2010, 12:47 AM
The worst offensive performance of the season. I was afraid the defense wasn't going to bring the wood tonight. It never occurred to me it might be the offense that sucked. Drew and Bush looked like they have a bad case of the nerves. I hope they get over it quickly.

lacarnut
01-25-2010, 04:54 AM
The worst offensive performance of the season. I was afraid the defense wasn't going to bring the wood tonight. It never occurred to me it might be the offense that sucked. Drew and Bush looked like they have a bad case of the nerves. I hope they get over it quickly.

Drew took the gas in the second half. His passes were wobbly; not his usual tight spirals. The play calling was terrible. They kept doing the same thing in trying to run on first down. They wound up on 3rd down having to pass for long yardage. Indy will kick their ass if the offense play that badly in the S.B.

Space Gravy
01-25-2010, 06:21 AM
Drew took the gas in the second half. His passes were wobbly; not his usual tight spirals. The play calling was terrible. They kept doing the same thing in trying to run on first down. They wound up on 3rd down having to pass for long yardage. Indy will kick their ass if the offense play that badly in the S.B.

Their biggest concern should be what is Indy's offense going to do that porous defense.

lacarnut
01-25-2010, 06:30 AM
Their biggest concern should be what is Indy's offense going to do that porous defense.

The Saints defense won the last 2 games. Total yardage mean nothing if you are at the short end of the score. Putting pressure on Manning and turn overs will be the key.

Rebel Yell
01-25-2010, 08:55 AM
Saints beat the Vikings.

Correction, Vikings beat the Vikings. Either way, congrats.:D

coach
01-25-2010, 09:01 AM

coaching was uncharistically terrible.
indy WILL kill them if they do not return to form.

coach
01-25-2010, 09:02 AM
Saints beat the Vikings.

Correction, Vikings beat the Vikings. Either way, congrats.:D

5 turnovers will trump nearly 500yds of offense.

Rebel Yell
01-25-2010, 10:40 AM
5 turnovers will trump nearly 500yds of offense.

7 days a week and twice on Sundays.

Jumpy
01-25-2010, 06:49 PM
WHO DAT... WHO DAT... WHO DAT... my boyfriend is hoarse. He has been a saints fan from the beginning, and I think this is only 9, or so winning seasons for them, since the beginning. My bf has worn out hats, sweatshirts, tshirts, and he is dragging them all out. . We skreeched and howled whenever they scored, banging pots and pans together.

WHO DAT!!!!!!

lacarnut
01-25-2010, 07:11 PM
I was thinking about going to Miami to watch the game but the prices are outrageous. Three to six thousand for 1 sideline ticket. Under 2 grand for end zone. Would rather watch it on TV than sit in the end zone, nose bleed section. The pre-game party 600 bucks and parking $200 is a little strong also.

JB
01-25-2010, 07:37 PM
I haven't seen anyone give something away so easily since MaryJane Rottencrotch in the 5th grade.

AlmostThere
01-25-2010, 08:05 PM

I don't know the exact stats, but I think they got stopped twice on 3rd and 1 and once on 3rd ans 2. Brees overthrew receivers that were open. He threw once to Colston when there at least 3 Vikings right by him. To borrow a phrase from G.Beck, the offense stunk on ice. The Vikings had, what, about 40 or 50 turnovers and it had to go into O.T.? With all the times the Vikings put the ball on the ground it should have been a blow-out for the Saints. I know it wasn't 40 or 50, but it seemed like it. :D