PDA

View Full Version : Stimulus: How Many Jobs Were Created?

megimoo
01-25-2010, 09:53 PM
Is Robert Gibbs doing a song and dance act here on the issue of how many jobs were created by the "stimulus".

Thought you all might enjoy this little video. It’s a montage of yesterday’s talk shows with David Axelrod, Robert Gibbs, and Valerie Jarrett all giving different answers to the stimulus jobs question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLB3YqY1pgA&feature=player_embedded

As Ed Morrissey said a while back (and it might have been AP), and I am paraphrasing, if you’re gunna make up a number why not a gazillion jobs?
And BTW, here’s Ed’d take on this.
http://radioviceonline.com/stimulus-how-many-jobs-were-created/

Comments
Responses to “Stimulus: How many jobs were created?”

Every time I see Valerie Jarred speaking I feel like I am watching a snake in human form. Something about the shape of hear head, the tightness of her shiny skin, and the bobbing motion of her head as she speaks, and then there are her words of great deception.
All of the folks who were interviewed were simply doing a SONG AND DANCE number knowing the real number which = 0.
Also the Free Republic URL of this posting:
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2437225/posts

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/01/24/wh-fumbling-the-obamacare-message/

Constitutionally Speaking
01-26-2010, 07:37 AM
How many jobs created by Democrats???

roughly

negative 8.7 million

lacarnut
01-26-2010, 08:40 AM
At a cost of over $400,000 per job the government has created, we will be go bankrupt if these fools keep creating jobs.

coach
01-26-2010, 11:05 AM
At a cost of over $400,000 per job the government has created, we will be go bankrupt if these fools keep creating jobs.

that ship has already sailed

marinejcksn
01-26-2010, 02:20 PM
This buffoon couldn't "create" his way out of a wet paper sack. You wanna spur job growth, you dunce? Here's a novel idea:

CUT TAXES!

When an Iraq War vet can't find work at McDonald's, that's sayin' something. :mad:

NJCardFan
01-26-2010, 02:32 PM
$700+ billion "stimulus" bill and they're bragging about creating or saving 2 million jobs. Gee, can't imagine why the people are revolting.

AlmostThere
01-26-2010, 04:11 PM
Beck had an interesting take on this question yesterday. If I understood correctly, he believes these people purposely had different figures. It would be pretty incredible that 3 people, all working closely in the White House, would have such divergent figures about such an important number.

They say it was either thousands and thousands, 1.5 million or 2 million. By each having a radically different figure, the topic becomes "Which is it?", rather than any thinking person calling bullshit on their claim that ANY jobs were saved.

coach
01-26-2010, 04:41 PM
Beck had an interesting take on this question yesterday. If I understood correctly, he believes these people purposely had different figures. It would be pretty incredible that 3 people, all working closely in the White House, would have such divergent figures about such an important number.

They say it was either thousands and thousands, 1.5 million or 2 million. By each having a radically different figure, the topic becomes "Which is it?", rather than any thinking person calling bullshit on their claim that ANY jobs were saved.

Well, any thinking person knows it cost jobs. And the number of people thinkin ghtese days has shot up dramatically, case in point, VA, NJ, MA....

Last Samurai
01-26-2010, 10:56 PM
It all comes down to the old adage about BS: You can only get so much of it spread around before the entire area begins to stink.

I perceive a great stench coming from the abyssmal swamp that Washington DC was before becoming our Capitol. It is merely returning to form, aided and abetted by a completely amoral and unethical Congress.

Even the most politically inastute are becomming aware of it.

LS

AmPat
01-27-2010, 12:00 AM
Well my backwoods Tennessee math has my figures something like negative 8 million. Now expansion of government jobs which kills private sector growth? No doubt the O has done this.

How does this administration claim any jobs "saved" when there is no way of quantifying that? How can they make these claims of jobs "saved or created" when the unemployment rate either climbs or remains the same? It is unbelievable that the legacy media allows this circus to continue.