PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday calm Before The Storm

Rockntractor
01-26-2010, 01:50 AM
47 F | 36 F Today will be clear and sunny and most of tomorrow will be nice, but after that the bottom will fall out. I've spent the last few days on the road grader and dozer repairing roads from the plague of mud from the last snow and rain. Thursday we have freezing rain and snow forecast and the temperatures are going to dive again. My roads will probably be completely destroyed and I'll have to start over again.

TOTD: Patience, How much do you have? I tell myself all the time; this is how I make money so when I constantly have to redo things at work that the weather has torn up it doesn't bother me so much. At home it is a different story, I will never have everything fixed or all my work done, every time I get close, something breaks and I start over.

PoliCon
01-26-2010, 03:11 AM
TOTD: what the hell do I look like a Doctor? What do I want with patience? :rolleyes:

Gingersnap
01-26-2010, 09:54 AM
It will be a so-so day today but snow is forecast for later in the week. The gardening catalogs are arriving.

*sobs*

TOTD: Surprisingly, I have a lot of patience in some ways. My work involves measuring the same parameters over and over across time and weather events. I'm not bored with it.

Housework and gardening are both repetitious activities but I don't mind the one and I love the other. A little chaos goes a long way with me. Tutoring is also repetitious. Every kid is different but the types of issues that make them crash and burn are almost always identical.

I guess that if think your activities are meaningless, then boredom and irritation would set in pretty quickly. If you think your activities have value, it would be hard to be bored or annoyed.

Rockntractor
01-26-2010, 11:40 AM
TOTD: what the hell do I look like a Doctor? What do I want with patience? :rolleyes:
Ugh!

SaintLouieWoman
01-26-2010, 03:29 PM
TOTD: The president of my company made a speech on my patience. I've sold equipment to the feds for about 30 years. The paperwork was excruciating, along with the long weights. Dealing with the manufacturer and their processing of purchase orders was even worse. Patience was absolutely necessary in my line of work. But SR got me a punching bag for my birthday a few years ago. It helped a lot maintain that "patience". :D

Bubba Dawg
01-26-2010, 07:18 PM
It will be a so-so day today but snow is forecast for later in the week. The gardening catalogs are arriving.

*sobs*

TOTD: Surprisingly, I have a lot of patience in some ways.

:rolleyes::D:p

YESTERDAY in the Day Thread, you said this about "little things" that bother you.....

TOTD: I'm not a fan of cow-like behavior in public spaces. Assume that someone else may want to use the aisle your 300+ pound ass is blocking. It's a store - not a stall. Don't stop dead in the middle of the aisle to better experience the hypno-wonders of New Caramel Crunchie Cereal; pull over a little.

If you work in a secure environment, try to remember that it's secure 24 hours a day. They don't have Free Pass Hour when you happen to stroll up in the morning. This would save all of us an irritating wait while you search all 17 pockets, purses, backpacks, lunch totes, and messenger bags for your access card.

If I'm waiting line or in a reception area and I'm reading a book, using a calculator, or working on a laptop or PDA, this is a social signal that indicates my lack of interest in your kids, the weather, or how the team did this weekend. Please observe this signal.

Consecutive right hand turns will actually get you pointed left if you do enough of them. This will free you from the exciting challenge of cutting across three lanes of traffic to make that all important left hand turn coming up in a 100 feet.

While I really like Hoku's "Perfect Day", I'd rather listen to through my ear buds, not yours. If I can hear your music from 5 feet away, you're too loud.

megimoo
01-26-2010, 07:55 PM
:rolleyes::D:p

YESTERDAY in the Day Thread, you said this about "little things" that bother you.....I Purpose to up the ante .That we have a full day of Ginger festivals with balloons and hot music.We could even dress old numbers up in a clown suit and have her ride around on one of Mr.Rocks goats.It'd be just like a real circus with music and lots of fun.

Here's a small sample of the music.

Quebe Sisters Band "Fiddle Medley"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MioAXwagthc&feature=related

Quebe Sisters Band: Shame on You
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IigLP_32vUI&feature=related

"New Spanish Two-Step"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD_IFJDSi18&feature=related

Chet Atkins, Hank Snow "New Spanish Two Step"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc9LChqZiTY&feature=related

Bubba Dawg
01-26-2010, 08:05 PM
GingerFest 2010.

I like it Megs. Shows style. :D

Shannon
01-26-2010, 08:26 PM
Purpose to up the ante? I know I'm tired lately but...

JB
01-26-2010, 08:42 PM
YESTERDAY in the Day Thread, you said this about "little things" that bother you.....Dude, she's female. Don't try to figure them out.

Bubba Dawg
01-26-2010, 08:45 PM
Dude, she's female. Don't try to figure them out.

She's entitled.

Course, she prolly will show some degree of irritation at having it pointed out. :D

Rockntractor
01-26-2010, 08:46 PM
Purpose to up the ante? I know I'm tired lately but...
You have been awfully scarce lately woman! What are we chopped liver?

PoliCon
01-26-2010, 10:46 PM
You have been awfully scarce lately women! What are we chopped liver

/

clearly she doesn't hate us as much as she used to . . . .:(

Rockntractor
01-26-2010, 11:50 PM
clearly she doesn't hate us as much as she used to . . . .:(

She may be cheating on us! There may be another forum.:mad: