PDA

View Full Version : My politicians are more corrupt than yours!!

stsinner
01-29-2010, 06:48 PM
Massachusetts Democrats are so crooked and corrupt that when Mitt Romney (R) left his Governorship to run for President, the congress changed the long standing tradition of the Governor appointing his replacement and made it so that the seat had to be filled by special election.. This would ensure that a Liberal Democrat was put back into the seat... See More because Romney's election was a fluke in this bastion of Liberalism.. Well, waddayou know.. When Ted Kennedy (D) the drunken murderer got brain cancer, they changed the rules back to give Devolve Patrick (D) the power to appoint his interim successor.. See-they change the law to suit their ambitions..

Now Scott brown gets elected to replace Kennedy in the normal election, and our Secretary of State, Bill Galvin, has refused to certify the election so that Brown can be seated..

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9D72N2O0&show_article=1

PoliCon
01-29-2010, 07:28 PM
Contact Information
William Galvin
Secretary of the Commonwealth
Citizen Information Service
One Ashburton Place, Room 1611
Boston, MA 02108-1512

Tel: (617) 727-7030
Toll Free: 1-800-392-6090
TTY: (617) 878-3889
Fax: (617) 742-4528
E-mail: cis@sec.state.ma.us

AmPat
01-30-2010, 12:31 AM
I sent Mr. Galvin the following:

Sir,

I hope that you are more an American patriot than a partisan ideologue. The legacy of Massachusettes would be ill served if you were to delay Senator elect Brown's seating due to partisan politics. Please do the right thing and certify this election immediately.

V/r

Mr. *********

AlmostThere
01-30-2010, 02:14 AM
I think this is a moot point. Kerry is calling for him to be seated quickly. Senate big-wigs say there won't be a vote until he is seated. I think they are smart enough to recognize that Mass voters who turned a seat over to a Republican that Kennedy sat in for 46 years, are in no mood to be screwed with. Combine that with the fact there are probably a lot of Democrats shaking in their boots right now since losing Virginia, New Jersey and now Mass. Scared enough they just might not march in lock-step.

hampshirebrit
01-30-2010, 02:53 AM
I think this is a moot point.

It might well be, but I can fully understand why StSinner and anyone else would be pissed off. The Dems rigged the system, they fucked up, and now they're doing their best to rig it back, to un-fuck it, in their favor.

My hope is that this time, their tinkering with the system is going to get the full glare of publicity it deserves.

PoliCon
01-30-2010, 09:21 AM
I think this is a moot point. Kerry is calling for him to be seated quickly. Senate big-wigs say there won't be a vote until he is seated. I think they are smart enough to recognize that Mass voters who turned a seat over to a Republican that Kennedy sat in for 46 years, are in no mood to be screwed with. Combine that with the fact there are probably a lot of Democrats shaking in their boots right now since losing Virginia, New Jersey and now Mass. Scared enough they just might not march in lock-step.

and yet the voted to raise the debt ceiling by almost 2 trillion dollars last week . . . . They're all playing politics.

AmPat
01-30-2010, 10:36 AM
and yet the voted to raise the debt ceiling by almost 2 trillion dollars last week . . . . They're all playing politics.

ANYONE who voted for this increase should be kicked out next election. We have got to reverse this cancerous "progressive" march toward bankruptcy.

NJCardFan
01-30-2010, 11:10 AM
Nah, NJ is still more corrupt. Take the situation involving Sen. Bob Torricelli. To put it in a nutshell, allow wiki to explain what happened in 2002:

Late in an increasingly competitive race against Republican Doug Forrester, Torricelli suddenly withdrew after disclosure of undeniably illegal contributions to his campaign by David Chang, a businessman connected to North Korea.[3] Torricelli had previously denied this and a number of other charges, and in his withdrawal speech stated that despite his leaving public office in a different way than he planned, he was proud of his service. Shortly thereafter, the New Jersey Supreme Court tossed out the longstanding State election law and unanimously ruled that the Democratic Party could legally replace Torricelli's name on the ballot with that of former U.S. Senator Frank Lautenberg,[4] ironically a longtime Torricelli nemesis, with whom he had often publicly feuded. New Jersey Republicans had contested the Torricelli-Lautenberg swap on the grounds that the deadline for ballot changes had long passed. It seemed apparent to many that Torricelli had only made his decision after local polls showed, for the first time, that the scandal had damaged Torricelli's re-election chances beyond repair.

In short, after The Torch's withdrawal, the Republicans had the election in the bag but the Dems wanted to replace Torch with Frank Lautenberg who was a popular NJ Senator(and someone whom I've met personally) who came out of retirement even though the time for candidate replacement was long passed by a couple of months actually. The Republicans appealed but the very liberal NJ SC ruled in favor of the Dems and all of a sudden the senate seat stays with a popular Democrat.

PoliCon
01-30-2010, 01:28 PM
ANYONE who voted for this increase should be kicked out next election. We have got to reverse this cancerous "progressive" march toward bankruptcy.

It was a party line vote.