PDA

View Full Version : Alabama Boy Gets Death Threats for Hunting 1,000-Pound ‘Monster Pig’

megimoo
07-30-2008, 06:38 PM
An online petition has garnered more than 800 signatures from around the world demanding prosecution for what activists are calling animal cruelty, according to the newspaper.

Rhonda Roland Shearer, a New York City organizer seeking punishment for the hunting team, says it took three hours for the “monster pig” to die after the animal was shot 12 times with a pistol.

Yet the Stone family is feeling the wrath of some critics.

"You should see some of the emails and hear some of the calls we have received," Jamison’s father said. "They are explicit. They tell how they are going to kill my son, like cutting his head off.
"It has had us scared to death ... All I did was to take my son on a legal hunting trip."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,394344,00.html

NonConformist
07-30-2008, 06:57 PM
Got to love those enviro-nazis

megimoo
07-30-2008, 07:01 PM
Got to love those enviro-nazis

And here she is a New York City Feminist Critter :

Maybe she and the pig are kinfolk ?

Rhonda Roland Shearer is a sculptor, scholar, and journalist, who founded the nonprofit organization Art Science Research Laboratory with her late husband Stephen Jay Gould. The mission statement avows that the lab aims to "infuse intellectual rigor and critical thinking in disciplines that range from Academics to Journalism.

As a sculptor, her work has been exhibited throughout New York, Los Angeles, and London, as well as smaller cities throughout the United States. One of her works reflected her feminist principles by calling attention to the gender disparity in the public art that New York City commissions. Of the hundreds of monuments erected throughout the city, she emphasized, only three depict real women: Gertrude Stein, Eleanor Roosevelt, and Joan of Arc. In the traveling museum exhibition catalogue, Shearer described her exhibition "Woman's Work" by writing, "I depicted large scale images of motherhood and housework in heroic size, as are our most sacred monuments." The New York Times profiled the exhibit in an article "Celebrating Heroines of Drudgery."

patriot45
07-30-2008, 10:05 PM
Wait till they get a hold of the kid who shot the giant rabbit!!
Behold Ptarmys nightmare!

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/patriot45270/rqabpig-1.jpg

megimoo
07-30-2008, 10:07 PM
Wait till they get a hold of the kid who shot the giant rabbit!!
Behold Ptarmys nightmare!

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/patriot45270/rqabpig-1.jpgQuick ship that one to that fat guy in North Korea !

Lanie
07-30-2008, 10:10 PM
I say not to kill the pig next time and instead release them on the ones who threatened the kid. :D

noonwitch
07-31-2008, 08:49 AM
A boar that size could feed a lot of people. It probably could have eaten a few itself, too, so the kid did the community a favor by killing it.

Gingersnap
07-31-2008, 09:57 AM
That was a wild pig. Those animals specialize in tearing down fences, destroying crops, eating wildlife, and otherwise damaging the environment wherever they live.

Here's an example of her "art":

http://i37.tinypic.com/2vb6ib8.jpg

Dollars to donuts she's never used an iron in her life. :rolleyes:

megimoo
07-31-2008, 10:16 AM
That was a wild pig. Those animals specialize in tearing down fences, destroying crops, eating wildlife, and otherwise damaging the environment wherever they live.

Here's an example of her "art":

http://i37.tinypic.com/2vb6ib8.jpg

Dollars to donuts she's never used an iron in her life. :rolleyes:Looks like it's made with 'Butchered Pig Guts'!

Odysseus
07-31-2008, 11:31 AM
Looks like it's made with 'Butchered Pig Guts'!

That's how you get NEA grants.

Boars are incredibly destructive, as are foxes, which the Brits can no longer hunt. I guess that being an enlightened post-human frees you from the mundane concerns of having to grow food, protect livestock or otherwise making a living by feeding people.

RhondaRShearer
07-31-2008, 04:51 PM
Just to let you know, the pig was a domestic pig named Fred. He was bought on a farm, released and shot 4 days later. He could not become feral or wild in 4 days! The hunters advertised the pig as wild and "roaming the plantation" when in fact, he was still in his pig pen.

Odysseus
07-31-2008, 05:10 PM
Just to let you know, the pig was a domestic pig named Fred. He was bought on a farm, released and shot 4 days later. He could not become feral or wild in 4 days! The hunters advertised the pig as wild and "roaming the plantation" when in fact, he was still in his pig pen.

Then it sounds like the kid has grounds for a lawsuit against the farm for false advertising. That doesn't justify prosecution, much less death threats against him or his family.

asdf2231
07-31-2008, 06:47 PM
I didn't open this thread till now because I assumed from the title that it was about someone stalking Rosie O'Donnell.

Odysseus
08-02-2008, 11:44 AM
I didn't open this thread till now because I assumed from the title that it was about someone stalking Rosie O'Donnell.

Nah... That would mean that Rosie's lost a few pounds. :D

Gingersnap
08-02-2008, 12:03 PM

It's still a pig. Either way, it's a lawful action. I'm no fan of that kind of hunting (which is why I'm such a lousy hunter in terms of elk) but it's not a crime much less a moral transgression.