PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Thread: Better Late Than Never

Bubba Dawg
01-31-2010, 12:07 PM
33 degrees on The Mountain. The sun is out and the ice is starting to melt.

The temp only got into the low twenties last night and we had no more trees down around the house. Miz Bubba and I sat on the sofa covered with a blanket and two cats and sipped scotch and soda in candlelight.

I was going to break out the generator today if the power didn't come back on. Usually the power comes back on just as I'm getting the genny started. :D

TOTD: I completely forgot what I had as my thought of the day so here's one. Do you or have you ever gone back and looked at or visited places where you lived earlier in live or as a child?

Was it interesting or meaningful?

Bubba Dawg
01-31-2010, 12:13 PM
The power is still blipping off and on here. If I drop out for a while that's the reason.

hampshirebrit
01-31-2010, 01:31 PM
Nice and bright today, around 0C (32 American Effs).

I remember a while back I had to walk down the street where my primary school is. It was about 20 years or so since I'd been there as a little kid. It looked so tiny, so much smaller than it looked when I was a kid.

RobJohnson
01-31-2010, 02:33 PM
Don't worry about the late thread. I'm just glad that you and your family are ok.

I'm wearing shorts and doing laundry. We will break 65 today, maybe even 70. The Death Valley area was great yesterday for exploring and looking for cool rocks. It was in the high 60's...I had fun.

TOTD: Was it interesting or meaningful?

Yes, both. It can also be tear jerking.

Bubba Dawg
01-31-2010, 02:40 PM
Don't worry about the late thread. I'm just glad that you and your family are ok.

TOTD: Was it interesting or meaningful?

Yes, both. It can also be tear jerking.

There is that too.

I went back to the place we lived when I was born. Red clay road, still unpaved. Not only is the old house no longer there, but there are full grown trees growing where the house and yard used to be.

Made me realize that I'm getting old.

I also saw more rabbits and signs of rabbits there than anywhere else I've ever been. Amazing.

Bubba Dawg
01-31-2010, 02:42 PM
Nice and bright today, around 0C (32 American Effs).

I remember a while back I had to walk down the street where my primary school is. It was about 20 years or so since I'd been there as a little kid. It looked so tiny, so much smaller than it looked when I was a kid.

Yes, amazing how the world grows smaller as one grows larger. :D