PDA

View Full Version : "Disney Needs A Disflectic Duck and A Retarded Rodent To Keep Them Happy "

megimoo
01-31-2010, 06:41 PM
Disney Attacked Over Lack of Disabled Princesses

Its new film The Princess and The Frog features a black princess, but Disney has still been criticised for its alleged lack of diversity.

Disney has been praised for breaking down barriers by featuring its first black princess in the film The Princess and The Frog. Oona King, who was Gordon Brown's senior policy adviser on equalities and diversity, is not satisfied, however.

"You never see disabled people," the former Labour MP complained to Mandrake at a screening at the Mayfair Hotel in London. "When are you going to see a Disney film with a disabled character in the lead...

snip
King is clearly on a mission in her new role as Channel 4's head of diversity. "I think all of the media has a problem," she said.

"If you look at the members of the media's cultural network, all British broadcasters, none of us do well in terms of diversity.The people making film and TV have to really get their act together."

King, who was defeated at the last general election by George Galloway, added: "Where we have made progress is having black people and other under-represented groups on the screen, but we still don't have black people making films. I can't think of the British Spike Lee."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/film-news/7113252/Disney-attacked-over-lack-of-disabled-princesses.html

djones520
01-31-2010, 06:43 PM
Snow White. Most of the main characters we're "disabled". :rolleyes:

megimoo
01-31-2010, 06:45 PM
Snow White. Most of the main characters we're "disabled". :rolleyes:Snow White ?The only critter That I can Remember being disabled was Gimpy !

djones520
01-31-2010, 06:48 PM
Snow White ?The only critter That I can Remember being disabled was Gimpy !

7 people had Dwarfism, which according to the Americans with Disabilities Act is a disability.

megimoo
01-31-2010, 07:25 PM
7 people had Dwarfism, which according to the Americans with Disabilities Act is a disability.Everybody was little in those days, Snow White Had Acromegaly and is often also associated with gigantism.

stsinner
01-31-2010, 08:10 PM
Wow, are people unrealistic.. They should take the Three Blind Mice and be happy with that.

megimoo
01-31-2010, 08:20 PM
Wow, are people unrealistic.. They should take the Three Blind Mice and be happy with that.
Not enough.Every critter must be counter balanced with an handycapped something .A rat or mouse with a chopped off tail,a three legged pony,Daisy Duck with crutches,Two Blind mice, One deaf and blind,Alice in Chains .

NJCardFan
01-31-2010, 11:01 PM
Personally they can take diversity and rub it on their chest. Here's a clue: the world is not equal. There are winners and losers in every aspect. It's not the color of your skin or your gender or physical makeup that makes you the person that you are. It's your hard work and desire. I'm getting tired of these assholes thinking everything has to be equal. Having people superior to you gives you something to strive for. Is it a wonder why I'm a misanthrope.

PoliCon
02-01-2010, 06:42 AM
Are people forgetting that the disney mascot is black?

megimoo
02-01-2010, 10:01 AM
Are people forgetting that the disney mascot is black?Who Dopey? He's a dog !

Rebel Yell
02-01-2010, 11:34 AM
King is clearly on a mission in her new role as Channel 4's head of diversity. "I think all of the media has a problem," she said.

"If you look at the members of the media's cultural network, all British broadcasters, none of us do well in terms of diversity.The people making film and TV have to really get their act together."

Justice would be her losing her job to bring in a "more diverse" group.

noonwitch
02-01-2010, 01:10 PM
The Hunchback of Notre Dame was about a handicapped person.

The Princess And The Frog isn't the first Disney movie to feature black characters. It's just the first one they're proud of. You can't find Song Of The South at the Disney store!

PoliCon
02-01-2010, 11:43 PM
Who Dopey? He's a dog !

Mickey. He's black. So is Minnie. And Goofy.

enslaved1
02-01-2010, 11:57 PM
It has annoyed me to notice over the years that all my kid's books and TV shows have to have a black person, a hispanic person, a arab person, a handicapped person, ad nauseum. Guess what hippies? Not everyone has such a perfectly diverse circle of friends and aquantences, and it's not discrimination to not include every freaking identity group into every freaking piece of entertainment. It's entertainment, us sane people seperate that from reality, unlike you PC idiots.

I feel a little better now...

PoliCon
02-02-2010, 12:55 AM
It has annoyed me to notice over the years that all my kid's books and TV shows have to have a black person, a hispanic person, a arab person, a handicapped person, ad nauseum. Guess what hippies? Not everyone has such a perfectly diverse circle of friends and aquantences, and it's not discrimination to not include every freaking identity group into every freaking piece of entertainment. It's entertainment, us sane people seperate that from reality, unlike you PC idiots.

I feel a little better now...

You hateful bastard! ;)

enslaved1
02-04-2010, 02:55 PM
You hateful bastard! ;)

I hate ignorance, so I'll wear the badge with pride. :D