PDA

View Full Version : Groundhog Tuesday

Rockntractor
02-02-2010, 10:25 AM
43 F | 23 F Partly Cloudy.
The ice is almost melted and the snow is half gone. We are back to being a mud hole again. I have to head up to Leonard Mountain to see if the roads are passable this morning because Wednesday the owner wants to have a meeting there with several people.
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/ground-hog-day1233584614-1.jpg?t=1265091893

TOTD: The year goes by so fast and before you know it Groundhog Day is upon us. Do you have any big plans for the holiday? I’ve got all my shopping done; we are going to stay home for the traditional Groundhog meal this year. I get tired of fighting the holiday traffic and the long lines at the restaurants! Happy Groundhog Day to everyone!

linda22003
02-02-2010, 10:47 AM
The traditional Groundhog meal? Do you roast it or make a stew out of it?

Rockntractor
02-02-2010, 10:50 AM
The traditional Groundhog meal? Do you roast it or make a stew out of it?
Ground hog! You can fry it or make a meatloaf.

Gingersnap
02-02-2010, 10:52 AM
We'll be in the low 40s most of the week. Oh, joy.

TOTD: We used to be like everybody and go all out of it: the Groundhog cookies, the Groundhog lights, and of course, the Groundhog dinner with all the relatives. A few years ago Mr. Snaps felt led to reexamine our Groundhog activities in light of Deuteroviticus 5:17:

And I say unto you: no man who asketh the beasts of the hole, "Doth it shine or doth it darken?" shall enter the Kingdom I have prepared for ye. Turn away from the words of the rodent for they are like the flies that circle dung.

Obviously, we weren't taking that passage to heart the way we should have so we've stopping celebrating it entirely. It's a little lonely what with all the neighbors hooping and hollering when they set off the Groundhog fireworks in the evening but we think it's worth it anyway. You've got to follow your convictions. We'll just stay home and have a regular day. :D

Rockntractor
02-02-2010, 10:57 AM
We'll be in the low 40s most of the week. Oh, joy.

TOTD: We used to be like everybody and go all out of it: the Groundhog cookies, the Groundhog lights, and of course, the Groundhog dinner with all the relatives. A few years ago Mr. Snaps felt led to reexamine our Groundhog activities in light of Deuteroviticus 5:17:

And I say unto you: no man who asketh the beasts of the hole, "Doth it shine or doth it darken?" shall enter the Kingdom I have prepared for ye. Turn away from the words of the rodent for they are like the flies that circle dung.

Obviously, we weren't taking that passage to heart the way we should have so we've stopping celebrating it entirely. It's a little lonely what with all the neighbors hooping and hollering when they set off the Groundhog fireworks in the evening but we think it's worth it anyway. You've got to follow your convictions. We'll just stay home and have a regular day. :D
I am so glad you don't have children! The home of Groundhog deniers is a dismal place for children.

Gingersnap
02-02-2010, 11:01 AM
I am so glad you don't have children! The home of Groundhog deniers is a dismal place for children.

Better to miss out on a superficial day of rodent weather forecasting than to burn for all eternity among the damned. :)

FlaGator
02-02-2010, 11:22 AM
40s and rainy today

Due to this terrible Obama economy I was unable to buy traditional groundhog day gifts for all my friends and relatives. Since I didn't get any gifts I'm assuming it's bad for them as well.

bijou
02-02-2010, 01:01 PM
Those groundhog results in full:

Punxsutawney Phil, Chattanooga Chuck, Wiarton Willie, Shubenacadie Sam predict six more weeks of winter.

Gen. Beauregard Lee and Balzac Billy say an early spring is on the cards.

The IPCC expresses jealousy at the evidence of peer review. :D

Rockntractor
02-02-2010, 01:15 PM
Drat! Phil is usually right.:mad:

lacarnut
02-02-2010, 02:34 PM
Nice sunny day here with temps around 60.

Celebrating Groundhog day is really foreign to me cause in my drinking days, I never missed a chance to tie one on. In Bayou country, the Mardi Gras parades have started and will be in full swing for the next couple of weeks.

Rockntractor
02-02-2010, 08:30 PM
The sun is down the partying is quieting down another Groundhog day celebration over. They go so fast!

Shannon
02-02-2010, 08:31 PM
We generally honor the groundhog by eating squirrel but this year we've gone really crazy and decided on possum.

Rockntractor
02-02-2010, 08:33 PM
We generally honor the groundhog by eating squirrel but this year we've gone really crazy and decided on possum.

Mmmmmmm! With sweet tators?

Shannon
02-02-2010, 08:34 PM
Mmmmmmm! With sweet tators?

Sour. Don't be daft.

megimoo
02-02-2010, 08:34 PM
I Heared Tell you were partial to possum ?

SaintLouieWoman
02-02-2010, 10:38 PM

:eek::eek:Possum? Just returned from a zoo lecture where it was announced that Rich, the possum, was humanely euthanized due to extreme health problems. We wear little black armbands and Shannon eats possum? Poor little Rich. His claim to fame was he never bit an animal handler. Shannon, you should hang your head in shame. This is how you've vaulted to fame as the resident meanie on the board. :p

Rockntractor
02-02-2010, 10:49 PM
:eek::eek:Possum? Just returned from a zoo lecture where it was announced that Rich, the possum, was humanely euthanized due to extreme health problems. We wear little black armbands and Shannon eats possum? Poor little Rich. His claim to fame was he never bit an animal handler. Shannon, you should hang your head in shame. This is how you've vaulted to fame as the resident meanie on the board. :p
She did it just to win an election. What depths will she stoop to?