PDA

View Full Version : Yankees make a move!

patriot45
07-30-2008, 10:07 PM
Yay, the Yanks got rid of dead wood - Farnsworth and got Pudge for the rest of the year as thier catcher!
Instant upgrade.

Constitutionally Speaking
07-31-2008, 08:49 AM
Yay, the Yanks got rid of dead wood - Farnsworth and got Pudge for the rest of the year as thier catcher!
Instant upgrade.

I am sick. I know Pudge was a free agent and the Tigers did not want to risk getting nothing for him, but it seems they DID get very close to nothing for him.

Farnsworth better show more than he has up till now. :mad:

Molon Labe
08-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Instant upgrade.

That's the best deal the Yanks have made in recent memory. They didn't give up way too much and now they have a consistant Catcher.
The Redsox screwed the pooch big time. Manny may have been a distraction, but nobody's going to fear Bay's come October.

Claret1995
08-01-2008, 03:16 PM
That's the best deal the Yanks have made in recent memory. They didn't give up way too much and now they have a consistant Catcher.
The Redsox screwed the pooch big time. Manny may have been a distraction, but nobody's going to fear Bay's come October.

I am an AL fan but do not kid yourself for one second Jason Bay has got TALENT

Molon Labe
08-01-2008, 03:18 PM
I am an AL fan but do not kid yourself for one second Jason Bay has got TALENT

Not trying to slight Bay's talent. Manny is a proven bat when it counts. I think Boston lost that.
stats are fine up till when your needed most.

Rebel Yell
08-01-2008, 03:28 PM
The Yankees didn't amke a move. They were givin a gift. "Need a catcher? Here ya go." It's all rigged. No wonder they've won about half oa all the World Series.