PDA

View Full Version : Girl, 12, Drops Divorce Request From 80-year-Old Saudi Husband

megimoo
02-02-2010, 07:55 PM
A 12-year-old Saudi girl unexpectedly has given up her petition for divorce from an 80-year-old man her father forced her to marry in exchange for a dowry, Saudi media reports.
(Snip)

The girl told the court that her marriage to the man was done with her agreement, according to Okaz newspaper.
According to reports, the girl's father, who is separated from her mother, arranged her marriage to the 80-year-old in exchange for a dowry payment of 85,000 riyals ($25,450).

The case caused an uproar after Al-Riyadh newspaper first reported it in early January, saying the marriage had been consummated and quoting the girl as pleading to the journalist to "save me".

http://www.smh.com.au/world/girl-12-drops-divorce-request-from-80yearold-husband-20100203-nbf1.html

stsinner
02-02-2010, 08:15 PM
Hooray for diversity!!! I hope the move here!!! God, this shit makes me sick!

Rockntractor
02-02-2010, 08:19 PM
Hooray for diversity!!! I hope the move here!!! God, this shit makes me sick!
She's been broke now like all good Muslim women. Now they can throw a feed sack over her and she can begin her new life as livestock!:(

megimoo
02-02-2010, 08:33 PM
She's been broke now like all good Muslim women. Now they can throw a feed sack over her and she can begin her new life as livestock!:(She can run circles around that old man and spend his money.If he had $25,000 for her dowry he must be loaded.The reason she dropped the suit is her father agreed to split the loot with her and her mother.The Saudi woman may not have any rights in public but they rule the roost at home.If he gives her any crap she will hide his teeth and pee in his mush and goats milk.