PDA

View Full Version : "Disabled Vet Suffers Gay Rape; Military Men are Victims of Sexual Assault "

megimoo
02-03-2010, 08:43 AM
Military Men Are Silent Victims of Sexual Assault
"Results of Gays In The Millitary !"

"Disabled Vet Suffers Gay Rape; Military Men are Silent Victims of Sexual Assault "

For years after the parachute accident that ended his Army service, Cody Openshaw spiraled downward.

He entered college but couldn't keep up with his studies. He had trouble holding a job. He drank too much. He had trouble sleeping, and when he did sleep, he had nightmares. He got married and divorced in less than a year. He had flashbacks. He isolated himself from his friends and drank more."His anxiety level was out of this world," his father said. "This was a young man who got straight A's in high school, and now he couldn't function."

Openshaw had the classic symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder, even though he had never been in combat. His parents attributed the trauma to the accident and the heavy medications he was taking for the continuing pain.

But there was more.

Finally, he broke down and told his father.

A few months after his accident, as he was awaiting his medical discharge from the Army, he had been sexually assaulted.

The attack left him physically injured and emotionally shattered. Inhibited by shame, embarrassment, sexual confusion and fear, it took him five years to come forward with the full story.

What truly sets this story apart, however, is not the details of the case, horrific as they are, but the gender of the victim.

There is a widespread presumption that most victims of sexual assault in the military services are women. That presumption, however, is false.

In a 2006 survey of active-duty troops, 6.8 percent of women and 1.8 percent of men said they had experienced unwanted sexual contact in the previous 12 months. Since there are far more men than women in the services, that translates into roughly 22,000 men and 14,000 women.

Among women, the number of victims who report their assaults is small. Among men, it is infinitesimal. Last year the services received 2,530 reports of sexual assault involving female victims - and 220 involving male victims.

One of them was Pfc. Cody Openshaw.

http://hamptonroads.com/2009/10/military-men-are-silent-victims-sexual-assault

Gingersnap
02-03-2010, 10:28 AM
I'm not surprised. The military life has always been the perfect setting for opportunistic homosexual activities. The Greeks knew that and it was a fact of life in the Roman army. You have a large number of young men who are unstrained by the civilizing effect of women and children. It stands to reason that a few of these men will use sex to humiliate, dominate, or demoralize their victims as well as to get an adrenaline-charged orgasm.

These guys aren't "gay" but they sure are predators. :(

noonwitch
02-03-2010, 01:08 PM
I'm not surprised. The military life has always been the perfect setting for opportunistic homosexual activities. The Greeks knew that and it was a fact of life in the Roman army. You have a large number of young men who are unstrained by the civilizing effect of women and children. It stands to reason that a few of these men will use sex to humiliate, dominate, or demoralize their victims as well as to get an adrenaline-charged orgasm.

Rape is rape, no matter what the gender of the perp and victim may be. Predatory behavior is not based on sexual orientation, but the vast majority of perps are from the same gender group, i.e. the one with the Y chromosome.

PoliCon
02-03-2010, 04:23 PM
I know full well how hard it is for a guy to admit to being raped. I was just a kid and it took me years to be able to come forward about it. And the confusion and the nightmares - trust me you don't ever want to experience the nightmares. :( He has my prayers.

megimoo
02-03-2010, 04:45 PM
Rape is rape, no matter what the gender of the perp and victim may be. Predatory behavior is not based on sexual orientation, but the vast majority of perps are from the same gender group, i.e. the one with the Y chromosome.
Always the Queer/Liberal apologist.
One would expect that in the formally normal world a wounded disabled service person would be safe from a queer critter raping him on a military base !
You say that Rape is rape but you ignore the further humiliation of a man being raped by an male animal of the same sex.
Woman at least have the 'plumbing' to be raped,men don't !The appropriate revenge for a critter like that IMHO would be two taps,one in the testicles,and the second in the gut !

asdf2231
02-03-2010, 06:11 PM
One would expect that in the formally normal world a wounded disabled service person would be safe from a queer critter raping him on a military base !
You say that Rape is rape but you ignore the further humiliation of a man being raped by an male animal of the same sex.
Woman at least have the 'plumbing' to be raped,men don't !The appropriate revenge for a critter like that IMHO would be two taps,one in the testicles,and the second in the gut !

This is quite possibly the most jaw droppingly fucked up thing I have read in a looooong while on the internet.
The WHOLE DAMN internet. Seriously. This is like, short bus, hand Billy his helmet with the mouth guard so he doesn't lick the windows stuff. I think anyone who reads that might actually lose measurable IQ.

I'm suspended in serious fuckin' awe here. I mean other than marvel at this I'm not sure that I could come up with an adequate response without drinking five bottles of Absinthe, doing a speed-ball of heroin and rhino tranquilizers and then keeping my head in a plastic bag till the accumulated C02 kills about half my brain cells after having pre-arranged five years earlier getting and leaving untreated a massive case of syphilis.

Holy Hell.

Rockntractor
02-03-2010, 06:30 PM
This is quite possibly the most jaw droppingly fucked up thing I have read in a looooong while on the internet.
The WHOLE DAMN internet. Seriously. This is like, short bus, hand Billy his helmet with the mouth guard so he doesn't lick the windows stuff. I think anyone who reads that might actually lose measurable IQ.

I'm suspended in serious fuckin' awe here. I mean other than marvel at this I'm not sure that I could come up with an adequate response without drinking five bottles of Absinthe, doing a speed-ball of heroin and rhino tranquilizers and then keeping my head in a plastic bag till the accumulated C02 kills about half my brain cells after having pre-arranged five years earlier getting and leaving untreated a massive case of syphilis.

Holy Hell.
?

megimoo
02-03-2010, 06:42 PM

Holy Hell.Does that mean that you didn't enjoy my post ?

CaughtintheMiddle1990
02-03-2010, 08:49 PM

It's bound to happen for whatever reason in any strictly male environment, for example prison. Or look what's happened to the YMCA and the Cub Scouts over the years, both were originally very respectable male organizations with no homosexual connotations. Yet in the past 3 decades both organizations have had their reputations severely--the YMCA perhaps irreversably and fatally so--damaged.

Millions of straight, decent men used the YCMA as a place to stay when there was no where else to go--until the mid/late 70s. My father was one of those straight guys who used the YCMA on and off as essentially a cheap hotel/apartment when he was in between apartments. Between 1970 and 1973, when my dad most often went there, the YCMA wasn't a ''den of fags'' as he calls it, it was mostly straight broke guys who didn't have anywhere else to go or couldn't afford somewhere better to stay. When he went back in the late 70s, about 1978 or 1979 it had become in his words very ''sleezy'' with lots of very sleezy homosexuals openly acting out their sexuality in the locker rooms or in the hallways. He never went back, the place had become that sleazy, dirty and run down. All in the period of 5 or 6 years.

megimoo
02-03-2010, 09:57 PM
It's bound to happen for whatever reason in any strictly male environment, for example prison. Or look what's happened to the YMCA and the Cub Scouts over the years, both were originally very respectable male organizations with no homosexual connotations. Yet in the past 3 decades both organizations have had their reputations severely--the YMCA perhaps irreversably and fatally so--damaged.

Millions of straight, decent men used the YCMA as a place to stay when there was no where else to go--until the mid/late 70s. My father was one of those straight guys who used the YCMA on and off as essentially a cheap hotel/apartment when he was in between apartments. Between 1970 and 1973, when my dad most often went there, the YCMA wasn't a ''den of fags'' as he calls it, it was mostly straight broke guys who didn't have anywhere else to go or couldn't afford somewhere better to stay. When he went back in the late 70s, about 1978 or 1979 it had become in his words very ''sleezy'' with lots of very sleezy homosexuals openly acting out their sexuality in the locker rooms or in the hallways. He never went back, the place had become that sleazy, dirty and run down. All in the period of 5 or 6 years.

Queers/Gays are indeed a plague on civilization.
Their life style is diseased and corrupt their motivations are childish and their rage and demands know no limit.

Gingersnap
02-03-2010, 10:34 PM

I believe it. When the "Y" lost its Christian/Jewish purpose, it became nothing more than a flop house for anybody - including sexually opportunistic bullies. Many formally useful and well-watched institutions have become the same.

Say what you want about Traditional Christians - to the extent it was possible, all destructive sexual behaviors were discouraged. If that meant some kid didn't get "carnal knowledge" until 21, it also meant that most young men and women weren't raped in their community centers. :(

PoliCon
02-03-2010, 11:37 PM

Holy Hell.

No seriously - tell his how you really feel! ;)

As always you are the master of the colorful retort! AND as usual - I agree with you.

CaughtintheMiddle1990
02-04-2010, 12:20 AM
I believe it. When the "Y" lost its Christian/Jewish purpose, it became nothing more than a flop house for anybody - including sexually opportunistic bullies. Many formally useful and well-watched institutions have become the same.

Say what you want about Traditional Christians - to the extent it was possible, all destructive sexual behaviors were discouraged. If that meant some kid didn't get "carnal knowledge" until 21, it also meant that most young men and women weren't raped in their community centers. :(

Indeed. It's sad, as although thankfully we've lost a lot of the prejudices of the past (for example the horrible treatment of Africans), we lost along with it a lot of the honor, traditional sexuality, Americana, American pride and general decency that exists I'd say up to the mid-late 1970s. I'm not saying the two were connected, but it seems when America threw off it's most negative characteristics, it at the same time threw off some of it's best too/

I wasn't around to see it, but from the movies, TV shows I've watched, people I've talked to and books I've read--From the 30s until I'd say 1965 or so, there was a certain innocence, a certain idealism on the part of Americans that America could do anything--Win world wars, discover space, dream and do the impossible. I think there's a quote, which I've probably mangled, from WWII in that for America the difficult is easy, the impossible will take a little longer to accomplish. There was a certain pride in America, and a hope--Of course, there were radicals and communists and the like--But the majority of Americans loved their country, and had a certain sense of decency toward their common man.

Especially the WWII generation and their parents; the former gave their lives and limbs with little complaint in WWII; the latter proudly sent their sons off to fight for their country against the Third Reich. You didn't hear men in their 20s bitching about being sent to fight for their country, you didn't hear of them smoking dope or snorting coke. Sure, there were those who probably did those things, but they didn't make up the majority of a generation as it was in the 60s and 70s.

I look at the late 1960s in a lot of ways as the beginning of the end--Perhaps not of America, but, I don't know..Of values, or of decency, innocence or a certain sense of morals. A lot of those morals were as you said grounded in Christianity and really beginning in the late 60s with the Baby Boomers (no offense if you are one) is when a lot of the disdain toward Christianity began, at least here in America.

I have a great admiration, respect and gratefulness for those of the Greatest Generation, but (and I say this as the child of baby boomers) a lot of disdain for the Baby Boomers, not only in their morals, but their behaviours, their aesthethics, their sense of style, their cynicism. A lot of the people I've met of that generation have a deep childishness, or a deep sense of entitlement. I'm not saying the WHOLE generation is that way; the ones who feel or act that way may well be in the minority, but from the uncleanlieness (the dirty beards), to the incense, to the jeans, to the dope, to the drugs, to the idea of ''free love'', a lot of it sickens me.

Even The presidents of the Greatest Generation seemed, idk, more..American. Regardless of what you think of the politics or policies of men like FDR, Truman, Ike, Kennedy, LBJ, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan and GHW Bush, they were MEN. They were CHRISTIAN MEN. Men who loved or feared God, and men who loved their country. Among them they had flaws, flaws aplently--but they were MEN.

Many conservatives hate FDR, but the man did much (a la Reagan) to inspire a sense of hope and confidance in America in some of America's most bleak hours; He also had a strong love and deep faith in God, leading the nation in prayer during D-Day and saying the soldiers were doing God's will, among other quotes about his faith. Nowadays, the ACLU would demand his resignation for that.

Truman had the balls to make what may have been for lesser men an incredibly hard moral decision--to drop the bomb--but for him it was an easy choice because he knew the other option would costs thousands if not hundreds of thousands of American lives; It was a savage act, but done because he loved his own country and refused to sacrifice American lives for the sake of another country. He then stood down the Soviet Union, daring and not taking shit from what was quickly becoming the world's other Superpower. He also had a deep sense of Christian faith, and refused to ''pass the buck.'' He had the balls to integrate the military in a time of deep racial hatred and separation not because it was an easy decision, but because he felt it was the RIGHT decision

Ike led the country as a warrior in World War II, leading millions of young men on the biggest invasion in history--and kicking ass. He was a loyal man and even though he was a Republican didn't question the orders of the Democratic presidents who were his Commanders in Chief during the War; He did what the job entailed him to do without hesitation, and as John McCain recalled in one of the 2008 debates, was willing to accept sole responsibility for the failures of D-Day if such had occurred. As President he too didn't back down to the USSR, and led the country through one of the longest periods of economic prosperity it ever experienced and was perhaps the first modern president to confront racism head on when he sent the National Guard to Alabama in 1957.

Kennedy, whilst a playboy, served his country faithfully and heroically in World War II,personally risking his life to save those of his fellow servicemen. He enacted some conservative economic policies including what was at the time the largest tax cut in history, and supported men such as Joe McCarthy in their crusades against America's internal enemies. He also stood up to the Soviet Union, not backing down even when the threat of nuclear war seemed overwhelming. He also brought hope and pride to his generation--and the younger generation of Americans, inspiring them to ask themselves what they could do for their country.

LBJ, though again a man many conservatives loathe, did many things he felt were right--Such as the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and his Great Society out of a love of his countrymen.He continued the tax cut enacted by Kennedy. He got us into the War in Vietnam, but it was not for love of war but a war he initially felt was a noble cause. He was a complex, introspective man and left office haunted by the mistakes he made in the war and died many say a broken man because of it. But his program have done a great deal of good for many people; Many I know personally have benefited because of Medicare or Medicaid or his Higher Education acts. He sought to preserve the beauty of America with his environmental legislation, as there were many beautiful areas of the country being destroyed or defiled. He wanted to make America greater than it was, and he had faith that America could do anything, and ensured that America was the first nation to put a man on the Moon.

Nixon, again another deep and flawed man, but a man who entered politics because he wanted to better America. He pulled us out of a divisive war in what at first seemed to be an honorable peace by bombing North Vietnam to the Negotiation Table, he opened up relations with China and did so to intimidate the USSR, which he succeeded in doing. He also decreased Cold War tensions and allowed for an era where Americans didn't fear the threat of nuclear war nearly as much as before. He was also by numbers the largest school desegregator, and under his administration segregation essentially ended. He rallied for the first time the "Great Silent Majority" of decent, law abiding, America loving citizens, and created a coalition which President Reagan later called upon and which enabled him to win twice. He had a loyalty to friends to a fault--His efforts to protect his friends led to his undoing and downfall when he had greatness in his grasp. He also authorized and approved the development of America's first space station and the Space Shuttle, which allowed America to retain it's dominance in the area of science and space.

Ford inherited the Presidency and America in the midst of anger, distrust, cynicism and even disdain for the office of the President and while he enacted no major legislative platforms, he was a champion of women's rights, signing significant pieces of legislation that aided the cause of equal rights for men and women. He oversaw the final transformation of our military to a volunteer fighting force, and helped bring a sense of honesty and simplicity in complex and tense times. He sought to uphold our commitment to South Vietnam in it's darkest hours, to save it from a Communist overthrow when the North violated the Peace Trearty but was blocked by a rebellious and unyielding Congress. He pardoned an ailing President Nixon, saving the nation and a former President from what would've been a painful and divisive trial, allowing the wounds of Watergate to begin to heal, at the expense of his election.

Carter, though a poor leader, served his country honorably in the Navy and attempted to ressurect the trust and pride of Americans after a decade of turbulance, tragedies, assassinations and scandals. He put forth a set of bold initiatives, including welfare reform, and insisted America be the most moral country in the world and confronted nations who mistreated their citizens, even at the expense of Detente with the USSR. While a poor executive, he perhaps has had one of the most positive and just post-presidencies of any presidents, helping thousands of less fortunate people.

CaughtintheMiddle1990
02-04-2010, 12:21 AM
Reagan DID ressurect the pride in America that had slowly been slipping for a decade, he presided over a booming economy and helped pull the country out of the poorest economic situation since WWII. He was a witty, funny, charismatic man; He loved America perhaps as much as he loved his own family. He confronted communism fiercely,demanding that the USSR tear down it's Iron Curtain, and it did. He freed the hostages in Iran and gave America it's first female Justice. He instilled confidance and hope in a cynical and depressed people, much like his former hero FDR. He cut taxes, enabling millions to achieve more than they had in previous decades, and helped bring an end to the Cold War and the Soviet Union to it's knees.

GHW Bush, he was a good leader who successfully asserted America's role as the sole leader of a post Cold War world, helped bring the Cold War to a peaceful and less turbulent end than it otherwise might have been, and confronted evil where he found it--In Panama, and in Iraq, where he defended both the interests of America and the safety of innocent Kuwaitis in what was America's least costly and one of it's shortest wars while facing Saddam's million man army, showing that even in theachieve the greater end, he was a fine end to one of the greatest generations of leadership in American history, a generation of men who built America into the most just, powerful, feared, loved and respected nation on Earth. 1990s America's military was unquestionably the strongest on Earth. Though he himself admitted he lacked the ''Vision thing'' and never laid out any grand platforms or goals for America, he did some great acts--Including the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Though he compromised on some of his own principles to achieve his goals with a very aggressive and confrontational congress, his Presidency was a fine conclusion to one of the greatest generations of Americans ever to sit in the Oval Office, men who ALL helped build and shape America into the world's most just, powerful, loved, feared and respected nation on Earth.

They had class, and even if some were bad presidents, they all had a love of their country; All seemed at least a little bit Presidential or did something great for their country before becoming President. I can't say the same for Clinton, nor Bush II, nor Obama. None of the leaders of that generation thus far have come off as Presidential, or classy, or authoritative. Clinton came off as more an ex-Hippie celebrity than a Commander in Chief, and never had a truly commanding presence, and his sex scandal (though IMO was really not a big deal) was embarassing for America. Bush II was the object of the ridicule both at home and abroad, often times unjustly, but had perhaps the most gaffes of any president; Not presidential. Obama comes off not only as petty and angry but at the same time (and quite contradictory) as cold and distant. His speaking style isn't warm or endearing but instead robotic and scripted--None of the warmth, charisma or down-homey nature that characterized FDR, Truman, JFK, Reagan and even Clinton and Bush II.

linda22003
02-04-2010, 08:33 AM
Woman at least have the 'plumbing' to be raped,men don't !

Yeah, so it's normal and okay, then. :cool:

I'm going over to "People of WalMart" now to look at your family album, Moo.

linda22003
02-04-2010, 08:34 AM

You're describing ANY and EVERY post by Megimoo. I don't know why you single this one out as being particularly insane. :p

MrsSmith
02-04-2010, 11:16 AM
Yeah, so it's normal and okay, then. :cool:

I'm going over to "People of WalMart" now to look at your family album, Moo.

When a woman is raped, she is often so upset that she literally cannot stand reporting it. The exam afterwards is almost as much a violation as the original rape. It is a horrible, horrific thing.

Imagine how much worse for a young male.

At least women are now met with sympathy in the majority of cases. Does this hold true for males?

I know of men who were assaulted as children, it took them 30 years or more to ever tell anyone. ANYONE. While I'm sure this is true for a percentage of women, it is true for a far larger percentage of men. For some, it is nearly impossible to ever speak of it. I have no doubt that many never do.

As a society, we must recognize the damage done by bullies of all types.

FlaGator
02-04-2010, 11:21 AM
When a woman is raped, she is often so upset that she literally cannot stand reporting it. The exam afterwards is almost as much a violation as the original rape. It is a horrible, horrific thing.

Imagine how much worse for a young male.

At least women are now met with sympathy in the majority of cases. Does this hold true for males?

I know of men who were assaulted as children, it took them 30 years or more to ever tell anyone. ANYONE. While I'm sure this is true for a percentage of women, it is true for a far larger percentage of men. For some, it is nearly impossible to ever speak of it. I have no doubt that many never do.

As a society, we must recognize the damage done by bullies of all types.

Personally I don't see how it can be worse for a man than a woman. Different emotions may come in to play, but the actions of rape are meant to demoralize and humiliate the victim no matter what the sex. The outcomes are equally horrific for both sexies.

asdf2231
02-04-2010, 11:35 AM
You're describing ANY and EVERY post by Megimoo. I don't know why you single this one out as being particularly insane. :p

OMG.

Seriously?! :D

Okay. *sigh*

First we have this:

Originally Posted by Gingersnap:
These guys aren't "gay" but they sure are predators.

What every 1st Year Psych major learns and most people get without the schoolin'. Rape is a crime of violence not a sexual act or product of sexual orientation. A case could be made that a rapist even has a unique sexual orientation. In the sense that (I personally don't believe that...) people who for whatever reason associate violence and sexual tendencies and triggers into actual patterns of personal behavior are never going to be able to successfully separate them after they solidify. I believe it's like taking a heterosexual person and telling them, "Okay... Now be Gay." They have to overcome a lifetime of social and psychological conditioning.

And Ginger rightly pointed out that you can easily overcome cultural more and personal moral codes instilled in individuals with intensive environmental conditioning. THOSE people I think might be able to overcome the rapist identity/sexuality if they retain their core personalities through the processes.

Anyone who wants to debate biological innate sexuality in that you are born one way or the other can take a hike.:D Or start a new thread actually.

So... Rape. Crime of Violence, act of rage, not crime of passion or sexuality.

THEN we have Noonwitch post this:

Originally Posted by noonwitch

Bingo. Very nice observation. Rape is a crime of predatory behavior not sexual orientation and predatory behavior crosses gender barriers and the vast majority of rape is conducted by males against females. Okay. I will even grant that males who are sexually assaulted by females vastly under-report the events. Those are still a minuscule percentage of the rapes that take place.

And those observations are met with THIS:

Originally Posted by megimoo
Woman at least have the 'plumbing' to be raped,men don't !The appropriate revenge for a critter like that IMHO would be two taps,one in the testicles,and the second in the gut!

Okay. Nobody "Apologized" for "Queers/Liberals" I'm not even sure what the fuck that means other than Moo doesn't like NW much.

Secondly, one would expect that ANY soldier would be safe from violence committed by a superior officer or NCO in ANY military environment. Male OR Female. The fact that PFC Openshaw was assaulted and traumatized by a male is no worse or better than if he had been a Spec-4 named Sally. It certainly is not worse because the victim and the Perp were the same sex. Men are not entitled to special protections to shield them from the "Queer Critters." All people are entitled to an environment where chances of falling prey to a predator is absolutely minimal. Especially when it is committed under color of authority.

The totally mind numbing stupidity portion is, well, the rest of it...
Women are apparantly better qualified to be raped because they have the proper "Plumbing" therefore it's less of a deal then when it happens to a man because they don't have the correct in box. So it's freaking unatural!! Therefore a bigger crime!!!

Because vaginas were made for penis's...(Peni? Whats the damn plural? Adnd does it have a special name like "A murder of crows"?) because they are Slot-A to a potential rapists Tab-B it's less of a fuckin outrage when someone commits rape against them than if the Vic was a male?

There is no "further humiliation" involved when the victim is a man. There is just the survivor of a violent attack designed to dehumanize and terrify it's victim, to make them feel powerless and hopeless so that thier attacker can feed on those things like a fucking vampire. It's common for rapists to not even achieve orgasm because the sex is secondary to the psychotic rush of power.

The fact that women have a vagina does not mean that they are in any way shape or form better "Equipped" or qualified to be the victims of violent sexual assault. The fact that the person involved was a dude doesnt somehow make it signifigantly more fucking horrific. The ability to even come up with that notion somehow is a freaking marvel to me. Seriously. Asserting that its a "worser" crime because it was man on man is fucking stupid. Going on to point out the relative merits of female genitalia vs male rectums for the purposes of violent assault is fucking retarded. Actually posting those things in an angry manner indicating that they passionatly believe them in a public forum... Holy Hell.

And really when I commented upstream it was sort of complimentary. Because I can go two or three years sometimes before I see something so absolutely messed up that I pull the car over and shake my head in awe at whatever it is.

Rockntractor
02-04-2010, 11:47 AM
OMG.

Seriously?! :D

Okay. *sigh*

First we have this:

What every 1st Year Psych major learns and most people get without the schoolin'. Rape is a crime of violence not a sexual act or product of sexual orientation. A case could be made that a rapist even has a unique sexual orientation. In the sense that (I personally don't believe that...) people who for whatever reason associate violence and sexual tendencies and triggers into actual patterns of personal behavior are never going to be able to successfully separate them after they solidify. I believe it's like taking a heterosexual person and telling them, "Okay... Now be Gay." They have to overcome a lifetime of social and psychological conditioning.

And Ginger rightly pointed out that you can easily overcome cultural more and personal moral codes instilled in individuals with intensive environmental conditioning. THOSE people I think might be able to overcome the rapist identity/sexuality if they retain their core personalities through the processes.

Anyone who wants to debate biological innate sexuality in that you are born one way or the other can take a hike.:D Or start a new thread actually.

So... Rape. Crime of Violence, act of rage, not crime of passion or sexuality.

THEN we have Noonwitch post this:

Bingo. Very nice observation. Rape is a crime of predatory behavior not sexual orientation and predatory behavior crosses gender barriers and the vast majority of rape is conducted by males against females. Okay. I will even grant that males who are sexually assaulted by females vastly under-report the events. Those are still a minuscule percentage of the rapes that take place.

And those observations are met with THIS:

Okay. Nobody "Apologized" for "Queers/Liberals" I'm not even sure what the fuck that means other than Moo doesn't like NW much.

Secondly, one would expect that ANY soldier would be safe from violence committed by a superior officer or NCO in ANY military environment. Male OR Female. The fact that PFC Openshaw was assaulted and traumatized by a male is no worse or better than if he had been a Spec-4 named Sally. It certainly is not worse because the victim and the Perp were the same sex. Men are not entitled to special protections to shield them from the "Queer Critters." All people are entitled to an environment where chances of falling prey to a predator is absolutely minimal. Especially when it is committed under color of authority.

The totally mind numbing stupidity portion is, well, the rest of it...
Women are apparantly better qualified to be raped because they have the proper "Plumbing" therefore it's less of a deal then when it happens to a man because they don't have the correct in box. So it's freaking unatural!! Therefore a bigger crime!!!

Because vaginas were made for penis's...(Peni? Whats the damn plural? Adnd does it have a special name like "A murder of crows"?) because they are Slot-A to a potential rapists Tab-B it's less of a fuckin outrage when someone commits rape against them than if the Vic was a male?

There is no "further humiliation" involved when the victim is a man. There is just the survivor of a violent attack designed to dehumanize and terrify it's victim, to make them feel powerless and hopeless so that thier attacker can feed on those things like a fucking vampire. It's common for rapists to not even achieve orgasm because the sex is secondary to the psychotic rush of power.

The fact that women have a vagina does not mean that they are in any way shape or form better "Equipped" or qualified to be the victims of violent sexual assault. The fact that the person involved was a dude doesnt somehow make it signifigantly more fucking horrific. The ability to even come up with that notion somehow is a freaking marvel to me. Seriously. Asserting that its a "worser" crime because it was man on man is fucking stupid. Going on to point out the relative merits of female genitalia vs male rectums for the purposes of violent assault is fucking retarded. Actually posting those things in an angry manner indicating that they passionatly believe them in a public forum... Holy Hell.

And really when I commented upstream it was sort of complimentary. Because I can go two or three years sometimes before I see something so absolutely messed up that I pull the car over and shake my head in awe at whatever it is.

You get near my asshole and you would die for it plain and simple, no physcho babble, you want to die try it!

noonwitch
02-04-2010, 11:47 AM

So are you stating that a male on male rape is a more serious crime than a male on female rape? That one gender is damaged more than the other by rape, because women's bodies "have the plumbing to be raped"?
Would it have been a less offensive crime if the male rapists had raped a disabled female vet?

This just goes to show that a lot of men are just pussies when it comes to rape. Oh, poor me, I've been anally raped by a man. So have most female rape victims! That's what they never tell you on television. Most female rape victims are sodomized in the course of the rape. All rape is brutal, and most of it is inflicted upon women by men.

You need therapy, badly.

MrsSmith
02-04-2010, 12:39 PM
Personally I don't see how it can be worse for a man than a woman. Different emotions may come in to play, but the actions of rape are meant to demoralize and humiliate the victim no matter what the sex. The outcomes are equally horrific for both sexies.

True. However, I do think that society, as a whole, has come to a point of sympathy for female victims that is not extended to males. In addition, while females are horribly hurt, males are damaged differently, in ways that directly affect their own "maleness." We know that males are actually less able to cope with any number of stresses that females can overcome...and I have no doubt that this is one.

linda22003
02-04-2010, 12:44 PM
So are you stating that a male on male rape is a more serious crime than a male on female rape? That one gender is damaged more than the other by rape, because women's bodies "have the plumbing to be raped"?

Yes, that's what he said. Yes, he's a complete idiot. I've been trying to wake people up to this; more and more are starting to figure it out.

linda22003
02-04-2010, 12:44 PM
True. However, I do think that society, as a whole, has come to a point of sympathy for female victims that is not extended to males.

That sympathy is very recent, and highly conditional. :(

Rockntractor
02-04-2010, 01:08 PM
Yes, that's what he said. Yes, he's a complete idiot. I've been trying to wake people up to this; more and more are starting to figure it out.
I don't like whats going on here! Why are some members trying to turn people against each other? Mr. Moo has got his own little eccentricities and so do you Linda. Different view points and personalities is what makes this board interesting and better than many others.

MrsSmith
02-04-2010, 01:13 PM
That sympathy is very recent, and highly conditional. :(

But even that is seldom extended to males.

noonwitch
02-04-2010, 01:25 PM
But even that is seldom extended to males.

I think the sympathy is there, it's just not stated. People don't know how to deal with a man who has been victimized sexually, so they just generally choose not to deal with it. Either they don't want to make him feel helpless or worse, or they are afraid that he will show rage at them for expressing sympathy.
It's difficult for therapists to help men, too, because there is such a stigma on men showing fear or expressing feelings of victimization.

FlaGator
02-04-2010, 01:26 PM
I don't like whats going on here! Why are some members trying to turn people against each other? Mr. Moo has got his own little eccentricities and so do you Linda. Different view points and personalities is what makes this board interesting and better than many others.

Megs does a good enough job of that without any help from Linda. I once was a Megs supporter but he single handedly changed my opinion of him and Linda had nothing to do with it.

Rockntractor
02-04-2010, 01:29 PM
Megs does a good enough job of that without any help from Linda. I once was a Megs supporter but he single handedly changed my opinion of him and Linda had nothing to do with it.
I'm not an anybody supporter, I like different viewpoints even if they are strange sometimes.

megimoo
02-04-2010, 01:39 PM
True. However, I do think that society, as a whole, has come to a point of sympathy for female victims that is not extended to males. In addition, while females are horribly hurt, males are damaged differently, in ways that directly affect their own "maleness." We know that males are actually less able to cope with any number of stresses that females can overcome...and I have no doubt that this is one.The wisdom of the wise !

FlaGator
02-04-2010, 01:43 PM
I'm not an anybody supporter, I like different viewpoints even if they are strange sometimes.

My use of the term supporter was wrong. I considered him a friend.

asdf2231
02-04-2010, 02:05 PM
You get near my asshole and you would die for it plain and simple, no physcho babble, you want to die try it!

Are you retarded? I mean like measurably?

Rockntractor
02-04-2010, 02:30 PM
Are you retarded? I mean like measurably?

If your smart then yes I will proudly except retarded!

megimoo
02-04-2010, 04:00 PM
If your smart then yes I will proudly except retarded!He does seem a touch jumpy on the subject of male bungholes don't he ?:D

hampshirebrit
02-04-2010, 04:39 PM
He does seem a touch jumpy on the subject of male bungholes don't he ?:D

YOU seem way, way too interested in them, and in the subject of male homosexuality in general, judging by the frequency of your posting on the topic over the past few years.

linda22003
02-04-2010, 04:45 PM
YOU seem way, way too interested in them, and in the subject of male homosexuality in general, judging by the frequency of your posting on the topic over the past few years.

Thank you. Just what I was thinking, and why I call him "Miss Megi". :cool:

asdf2231
02-04-2010, 05:27 PM
If your smart then yes I will proudly except retarded!

Then it's a good thing you used "Your" instead of "You're" and "Except" rather than "Accept" to prove your point.

Kudos.

Bonus points for irony.

Here:
Lead Paint FAQ
http://www.aces.edu/dept/family/lead/leadfaq.php

megimoo
02-04-2010, 05:36 PM
YOU seem way, way too interested in them, and in the subject of male homosexuality in general, judging by the frequency of your posting on the topic over the past few years.Am I closing in on you and it make you nervous ?

patriot45
02-04-2010, 05:48 PM
Wow!! This thread got GAY!!!

Rockntractor
02-04-2010, 05:49 PM
Then it's a good thing you used "Your" instead of "You're" and "Except" rather than "Accept" to prove your point.

Kudos.

Bonus points for irony.

Here:
Lead Paint FAQ
http://www.aces.edu/dept/family/lead/leadfaq.php

After that paragraph of verbal vomit you posted to start with you have no room to talk. Most posters on this site are descent people but you a moderator only seem to tear people down.

hampshirebrit
02-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Am I closing in on you and it make you nervous ?

Not really. I'm pretty sure I could run faster than you if I thought you were in any danger of "closing in".

PoliCon
02-04-2010, 05:57 PM

You act like the victims have a choice. They don't.

PoliCon
02-04-2010, 06:04 PM
After that paragraph of verbal vomit you posted to start with you have no room to talk. Most posters on this site are descent people but you a moderator only seem to tear people down.

You know what, I like you. I like most everyone here. I'm even willing to tolerate moo as well as our resident stormfront crew - but what moo said earlier was out of this world stupid. Asd made very valid points and as usual he said them in a very colorful and entertaining fashion.

Rockntractor
02-04-2010, 06:06 PM
You know what, I like you. I like most everyone here. I'm even willing to tolerate moo as well as our resident stormfront crew - but what moo said earlier was out of this world stupid. Asd made very valid points and as usual he said them in a very colorful and entertaining fashion.

Fine poli make yourself the victim here. I'm done with this thread!

PoliCon
02-04-2010, 06:09 PM
Fine poli make yourself the victim here. I'm done with this thread!

How am I making myself a victim?

asdf2231
02-05-2010, 02:03 AM

You're right. This is why we can't have nice things.

Sonnabend
02-05-2010, 02:43 AM

Amen to THAT.