PDA

View Full Version : Heinz redesigns Ketchup packet . . . .

PoliCon
02-05-2010, 05:38 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Heinz-changes-ketchup-packets/ss/events/bs/020410heinz/im:/100204/480/661adcb68c8940949293037aff9b67df/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5112Zwuu_4E

February 5, 2010

After 40 years, H.J. Heinz Co. is playing catch-up with the design of the beloved yet frustrating ketchup packet, making it bigger and easier to open.

The company Thursday unveiled the Heinz Dip & Squeeze for restaurants. The cuplike container -- the first major ketchup packet design change in 42 years -- gives users a choice of peeling back a lid for dipping or tearing off a tip to squeeze onto foods. It holds more than three times the amount of a traditional packet.

Heinz also announced a 15-percent reduction in sodium across its core ketchup line and the launch of ketchup made with sugar instead of high fructose corn sweetener.

Cheryl V. Jacksonhttp://www.suntimes.com/lifestyles/food/2031232,CST-NWS-ketchup05.article

noonwitch
02-05-2010, 08:30 AM
Yeah, but BK still will only give you two packets when you get a large order of fries at the drive-through.

Gingersnap
02-05-2010, 09:49 AM
Why is this in the EOTWAWKI Forum? This seems like a good idea to me. :confused:

Bubba Dawg
02-05-2010, 09:53 AM
Why is this in the EOTWAWKI Forum? This seems like a good idea to me. :confused:

Because it has taken Poli years to figure out how to use the old ketchup packs. :D

He's afraid he'll starve.

(He has such tiny hands.)

Rockntractor
02-05-2010, 10:00 AM
Because it has taken Poli years to figure out how to use the old ketchup packs. :D

He's afraid he'll starve.

(He has such tiny hands.)

He used to stuff one in the front of his pants so people thought he was packin.

Bubba Dawg
02-05-2010, 10:07 AM
He used to stuff one in the front of his pants so people thought he was packin.

Hey, I think I remember that Poli claims that he doesn't even have to use condiments. :confused:

Is it true what they say, small hands = small condiments?

Rockntractor
02-05-2010, 10:17 AM
Hey, I think I remember that Poli claims that he doesn't even have to use condiments. :confused:

Is it true what they say, small hands = small condiments?

Your going to piss him off! He'll be with us shortly.

Bubba Dawg
02-05-2010, 10:21 AM
Your going to piss him off! He'll be with us shortly.

You think he'll jump up and down? :eek:

Bubba Dawg
02-05-2010, 10:45 AM
Yeah, but BK still will only give you two packets when you get a large order of fries at the drive-through.

Admit it. You're a ketchup fiend!!!!:p:D

FlaGator
02-05-2010, 10:49 AM

I was going to move it to the lounge, but I thought I'd give Poli the benefit of the doubt. After all Heinz is a big name in Pittsburgh.

NJCardFan
02-05-2010, 12:52 PM
This is cool. Will keep me from having to use my teeth.

PoliCon
02-05-2010, 05:02 PM

You just proved my case!!! :p

Eagle
02-05-2010, 06:15 PM

Detect a little whine going on there and would you like some cheese to go with that?

PoliCon
02-05-2010, 06:40 PM
Detect a little whine going on there and would you like some cheese to go with that?

If they tried that here - there would be a revolt.

Speedy
02-05-2010, 07:15 PM
It really helps me. I can't eat fries that have ketchup poured over them. I have to dip them in the ketchup. With the regular packets I usually had to squeeze out the ketchup onto a piece of the hamburger wrapper or napkins and then dip the fries. If I am sharing fries with someone I have to make sure that they know not to pour ketchup on the fries. I won't eat them if they do. I do not know why. Just one of my quirks like my deathly fear of chickens.

Rockntractor
02-05-2010, 07:24 PM
It really helps me. I can't eat fries that have ketchup poured over them. I have to dip them in the ketchup. With the regular packets I usually had to squeeze out the ketchup onto a piece of the hamburger wrapper or napkins and then dip the fries. If I am sharing fries with someone I have to make sure that they know not to pour ketchup on the fries. I won't eat them if they do. I do not know why. Just one of my quirks like my deathly fear of chickens.
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/warchicken11.jpg?t=1265415829

Speedy
02-05-2010, 07:34 PM
I really have no idea why I am so afraid of chickens. I can look at it logically and tell myself that, "It is just a chickhen for, God's sake!" I can see how silly such a phobia is, but once I get near one, I breakout into a sweat, I can't breathe. If one startles me, I run away screaming like a little girl and pissing all over myself as I go.