PDA

View Full Version : Next Snow Storm!!!

SarasotaRepub
02-06-2010, 03:58 PM
Issued by The National Weather Service
St. Louis, MO
4:18 am CST, Sat., Feb. 6, 2010

... WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE SUNDAY NIGHT THROUGH LATE MONDAY NIGHT...
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN ST LOUIS HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM LATE SUNDAY NIGHT THROUGH LATE MONDAY NIGHT.
* TIMING: SNOW SHOULD SPREAD INTO MUCH OF THE AREA BY LATE SUNDAY NIGHT AND THEN CONTINUE MONDAY AND MONDAY NIGHT... POSSIBLY HEAVY AT TIMES BEFORE TAPERING OFF ON TUESDAY.
* ACCUMULATIONS: THERE IS THE POTENTIAL THAT SOME AREAS COULD RECEIVE A TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 6 INCHES OR MORE.
* WINDS: THE WIND SHOULD BECOME STRONG AND GUSTY BY LATE MONDAY NIGHT OR TUESDAY WHICH COULD LEAD TO BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW.
* IMPACTS: ROADS WILL BECOME SNOW PACKED AND SLIPPERY ON MONDAY AND MONDAY NIGHT MAKING TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR EVEN IMPOSSIBLE.

:eek::D

djones520
02-06-2010, 04:02 PM
Yay!

linda22003
02-06-2010, 04:04 PM
That must be the one we're getting in the DC area on Tuesday. They keep saying it will be "just a dusting" - maybe they don't want to break the truth to us yet.

djones520
02-06-2010, 04:15 PM
That must be the one we're getting in the DC area on Tuesday. They keep saying it will be "just a dusting" - maybe they don't want to break the truth to us yet.

Give me a couple hours to get settled in here, and I'll take a look.

djones520
02-06-2010, 07:02 PM
Ok, for the St. Louis region, from how things look right now, I'd expect the heaviest snow to last from Monday afternoon to Tuesday around noon. With a 2nd shot coming in late Tuesday/ early monday. Some good cold air with this, I wouldn't be suprised to see 4-6 inches with how some of this looks now.

If you live in Chicago, you're going to get slaughtered. Picture what just happened to the East Coast happening to you. Not to that scale, but pretty much the same type of set up. Warm air overruning occuring over Lake Michigan, with low level flow drawing moisture off of it, it's a nasty recipe for heavy snow fall.

I'll get back to you East Coast guys in a bit.

SarasotaRepub
02-06-2010, 09:48 PM
Thanks...I think. :mad::D

4-6 inches ain't nothing.

djones520
02-06-2010, 09:51 PM
As for the east coasters, expect another heavy snow fall. Most conventional models don't run out that far just yet, but from the looks of it a new low is going to generate and create another system just like what hit you yesterday. I doubt it'll be nearly as powerful, but you might get some good snow out of it. I wouldn't be suprised if some freezing precip occured as well. I work the next couple of days so I'll watch it a bit more and see if I can't nail it down a bit more.

SarasotaRepub
02-06-2010, 10:01 PM
EAST COASTERS

http://www.smiteahippie.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

:D

linda22003
02-07-2010, 07:08 AM
As for the east coasters, expect another heavy snow fall. Most conventional models don't run out that far just yet, but from the looks of it a new low is going to generate and create another system just like what hit you yesterday. I doubt it'll be nearly as powerful, but you might get some good snow out of it. I wouldn't be suprised if some freezing precip occured as well. I work the next couple of days so I'll watch it a bit more and see if I can't nail it down a bit more.

I just need the airport to be open Friday evening.

SarasotaRepub
02-07-2010, 09:48 AM
St. Louis, MO
4:19 am CST, Sun., Feb. 7, 2010

... WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH LATE MONDAY NIGHT...
A WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH LATE MONDAY NIGHT.
* SNOW SHOULD SPREAD INTO MUCH OF THE AREA BY LATE TONIGHT AND THEN CONTINUE THROUGH MONDAY AND MONDAY NIGHT. THE HEAVIEST SNOW IS EXPECTED TO OCCUR MONDAY EVENING.
* THERE IS THE POTENTIAL THAT SOME AREAS COULD RECEIVE A TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 6 INCHES OR MORE BY TUESDAY MORNING.
* THE WIND SHOULD BECOME STRONG AND GUSTY OUT OF THE NORTHWEST BY LATE MONDAY NIGHT AND CONTINUE INTO TUESDAY.
* ROADS WILL BECOME SNOW PACKED AND SLIPPERY MAKING TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR EVEN IMPOSSIBLE. THE STRONG AND GUSTY WINDS WILL LIKELY CREATE SIGNIFICANT BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW.

Dang, still coming. :mad:

djones520
02-07-2010, 11:00 AM
Dang, still coming. :mad:

Hrmm... I wonder what the NWS is looking at that we aren't... 3 forecasters in my section looked at this system yesterday, and we all agreed it was going to be Monday Night into Tuesday, not Sunday into Monday.

bijou
02-07-2010, 12:33 PM
Come on now, you people are just making stuff up now. :mad: (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/RFK-79834057.html)

Robert F. Kennedy Jr., who flies around on private planes so as to tell larger numbers of people how they must live their lives in order to save the planet, wrote a column last year on the lack of winter weather in Washington, D.C.

In Virginia, the weather also has changed dramatically. Recently arrived residents in the northern suburbs, accustomed to today's anemic winters, might find it astonishing to learn that there were once ski runs on Ballantrae Hill in McLean, with a rope tow and local ski club. Snow is so scarce today that most Virginia children probably don't own a sled. But neighbors came to our home at Hickory Hill nearly every winter weekend to ride saucers and Flexible Flyers.

In those days, I recall my uncle, President Kennedy, standing erect as he rode a toboggan in his top coat, never faltering until he slid into the boxwood at the bottom of the hill. Once, my father, Atty. Gen. Robert Kennedy, brought a delegation of visiting Eskimos home from the Justice Department for lunch at our house. They spent the afternoon building a great igloo in the deep snow in our backyard. My brothers and sisters played in the structure for several weeks before it began to melt. On weekend afternoons, we commonly joined hundreds of Georgetown residents for ice skating on Washington's C&O Canal, which these days rarely freezes enough to safely skate.

Meanwhile, Exxon Mobil and its carbon cronies continue to pour money into think tanks whose purpose is to deceive the American public into believing that global warming is a fantasy.
Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/RFK-79834057.html#ixzz0es9q3WMc
:D

Apache
02-07-2010, 01:57 PM
Hrmm... I wonder what the NWS is looking at that we aren't... 3 forecasters in my section looked at this system yesterday, and we all agreed it was going to be Monday Night into Tuesday, not Sunday into Monday.

Alright djones, what's the forecast for central Indiana?

JB
02-07-2010, 03:59 PM
My uncle, President Kennedy, and my father, Atty. Gen. Robert Kennedy...

What an ass. Like we don't know who your relatives are. Give it a rest dude, your family is finally becoming irrelevant.

djones520
02-07-2010, 06:02 PM
East Coasters, looks like snow might not be the issue now. Pretty strong warm push for you guys, so the big threat is going to be Freezing Rain. If your lucky it will just be regular rain.

As for Central Indiana, I'd expect a few inches probably.

linda22003
02-07-2010, 06:18 PM
I just heard the DC area will get another 4-5 inches. On top of the almost two feet we already have....

SarasotaRepub
02-07-2010, 06:21 PM
Looks like they are backing off the Winter Storm Watch...

St. Louis, MO
3:55 pm CST, Sun., Feb. 7, 2010

... WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM MONDAY TO 6 AM CST TUESDAY...
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN ST LOUIS HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM MONDAY TO 6 AM CST TUESDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.
* SNOW WILL SPREAD INTO THE AREA ON MONDAY AND THEN CONTINUE THROUGH MONDAY NIGHT... TAPERING TO FLURRIES BY EARLY TUESDAY MORNING. THE HEAVIEST SNOW IS EXPECTED TO OCCUR MONDAY NIGHT.
* SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS OF 3 TO 5 INCHES ARE EXPECTED.
* THE WIND WILL BECOME STRONG AND GUSTY OUT OF THE NORTHWEST BY LATE MONDAY NIGHT AND CONTINUE THROUGH TUESDAY.
* ROADS WILL BECOME SNOW PACKED AND SLIPPERY MAKING TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR EVEN IMPOSSIBLE. THE STRONG AND GUSTY WINDS WILL LIKELY CREATE SIGNIFICANT BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW.
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...
A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT UP TO AN AVERAGE OF 5 INCHES OF SNOW IS EXPECTED ACROSS THE ADVISORY AREA. ROADS MAY RAPIDLY BECOME SLIPPERY ONCE THE SNOW BEGINS... SO MOTORISTS SHOULD PLAN FOR A SLOWER THAN NORMAL TRIP. BE ESPECIALLY ALERT WHEN APPROACHING BRIDGES... OVERPASSES... AND CURVES.

djones520
02-07-2010, 06:26 PM
Looks like they are backing off the Winter Storm Watch...

Note the new times on the advisory. Yeah... eat it NWS. AF Weather representin! :D:p

SarasotaRepub
02-07-2010, 06:44 PM
Now, now...no gloating. ;):D

linda22003
02-08-2010, 09:13 AM
My uncle, President Kennedy, and my father, Atty. Gen. Robert Kennedy...

What an ass. Like we don't know who your relatives are. Give it a rest dude, your family is finally becoming irrelevant.

It's endemic to the breed. I had one of them in my prep school dorm. "I'm sorry, Mrs. W., but I can't come to house meeting on Tuesday night. I'm expecting a call from (dramatic pause, looking around to see who was listening)....Aunt Jackie." :p

ralph wiggum
02-08-2010, 09:36 AM
Now, now...no gloating. ;):D

Hey, we're supposed to get anywhere from 8 to 15 inches before Tuesday. :mad:

Jfor
02-08-2010, 12:45 PM
Hey, we're supposed to get anywhere from 8 to 15 inches before Tuesday. :mad:

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/faustus777/TheOffice-ThatsWhatSheSaid-Michael.jpg

Sorry... couldn't help myself!

SarasotaRepub
02-09-2010, 07:48 AM
Looks like we picked up 2 inches top over night. No biggie.

linda22003
02-09-2010, 08:15 AM
It's supposed to start here around noon today.... and keep going until 7 pm Wednesday night.

Nubs
02-09-2010, 10:35 AM
What does the crystal beall say about GRR?

JB
02-11-2010, 06:11 PM
It's finally over.

45.5 inches in 5 days. Put a fork in me.

djones520
02-11-2010, 06:13 PM
It's finally over.

45.5 inches in 5 days. Put a fork in me.

Don't put the shovel away just yet. There might be a few more inches this weekend.

JB
02-11-2010, 06:26 PM
Don't put the shovel away just yet. There might be a few more inches this weekend.They tried to scare us last night with a Saturday storm but I think they backed off it. Monday now but I haven't looked at weather all day.

I know it's your thing but I hope you're wrong.

djones520
02-11-2010, 06:28 PM
They tried to scare us last night with a Saturday storm but I think they backed off it. Monday now but I haven't looked at weather all day.

I know it's your thing but I hope you're wrong.

It won't be anything massive. The system will be to far south to provide a huge amount of snow, but like I said I'd expect a few inches.