PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Da Saints!!!

SarasotaRepub
02-07-2010, 09:45 PM
Well played!

Who DAT!!! :D

lacarnut
02-07-2010, 09:55 PM
About time..took em 43 years to get there. Brees outplayed Manning.. Who would have thought.

Saints turned it on in the 2nd half. What a great game.

Apocalypse
02-07-2010, 09:57 PM
What a game.

Troll
02-07-2010, 10:35 PM
Good game.

Maybe now the sportscasters, players, and fans can stop invoking Hurricane Katrina every time the Saints get on the field?

lacarnut
02-07-2010, 11:05 PM
Good game.

Maybe now the sportscasters, players, and fans can stop invoking Hurricane Katrina every time the Saints get on the field?

I live 80 miles from N.O., and invoking Hurricane Katrina got OLD many years ago. The city has recovered; building and construction starts have increased dramatically.

NJCardFan
02-07-2010, 11:29 PM
I guess the Payton Manning love fest can now end...at least for this season.

Articulate_Ape
02-07-2010, 11:36 PM
Congrats to the Saints, they earned the victory, but that "in the air" touchdown call was a very bad call IMHO. I think it may set a bad precedent for football going forward, we'll see. At any rate, NO owned the game and kudos for them on the win.

AlmostThere
02-08-2010, 12:03 AM
Somebody pinch me. I never thought I'd see this in my lifetime. For so many seasons, the only thought at the end of the season was "Maybe next year?", not "Who Dat?" :)

AlmostThere
02-08-2010, 02:11 AM
I saw this picture and thought it was pretty cool.

http://www.foxnews.com/static/managed/img/saints4_slideshow_604x500.jpg

Jumpy
02-08-2010, 07:13 AM
Yayyyy!!! My bf is hoarse from yelling.

Rebel Yell
02-08-2010, 08:44 AM
I would have pulled for the Saints if it hadn't been for the media sucking their dick. I like to see the consistently awful teams sneak up and win. I would have pulled for the Lions. I got so tired of hearing, "This team has ALWAYS meant so much this city." Really? Is that why ownership was looking to relocate due to poor fan support right before Katrina? Amazing how many season tickets our tax money bought.

Right before the "Katrina Game" with the Falcons, I heard a sportscaster say he met a man who had lost his home, had no source of income, but used what money he had to buy season tickets to see the Saints because they mean soooo much to him. What the fuck ever, he bought season tickets because he had free money in his pocket. At that point I said I'd never pull for the Saints, even though I like the players. I'll sacrifice seeing Vilma and Shockey win to see the Saints fans wallow in their own shit, much like they do every time the sit in the Superdome.

That being said, great game.

lacarnut
02-09-2010, 10:09 AM
I would have pulled for the Saints if it hadn't been for the media sucking their dick. I like to see the consistently awful teams sneak up and win. I would have pulled for the Lions. I got so tired of hearing, "This team has ALWAYS meant so much this city." Really? Is that why ownership was looking to relocate due to poor fan support right before Katrina? Amazing how many season tickets our tax money bought.

Right before the "Katrina Game" with the Falcons, I heard a sportscaster say he met a man who had lost his home, had no source of income, but used what money he had to buy season tickets to see the Saints because they mean soooo much to him. What the fuck ever, he bought season tickets because he had free money in his pocket. At that point I said I'd never pull for the Saints, even though I like the players. I'll sacrifice seeing Vilma and Shockey win to see the Saints fans wallow in their own shit, much like they do every time the sit in the Superdome.

That being said, great game.

Don't you have a dog fight to go to?

Benson wanted to move the Saints to San A. because he is a greedy bastard and not because of fan support. For the last 43 years, tickets have been or nearly sold out for every game. So you do not know what the fuck you are talking about.

Your little story about a sportscaster is rather lame also. Saints have the greatest fans. Jealous much since the Falcons can not compare.

Rebel Yell
02-09-2010, 11:12 AM
Don't you have a dog fight to go to?

Benson wanted to move the Saints to San A. because he is a greedy bastard and not because of fan support. For the last 43 years, tickets have been or nearly sold out for every game. So you do not know what the fuck you are talking about.

Your little story about a sportscaster is rather lame also. Saints have the greatest fans. Jealous much since the Falcons can not compare.

You're an angry little Saint, aren't ya? :D

I can't help what the sportscaster said, but he said it. Your "great fans" used their Katrina vouchers to buy beer cigarettes and cash for strippers. Now, you act like the free money had NOTHING to do with the sudden surge in season ticket sales. Whatever, dude. Congrats on the win. I like the Saints roster....Brees, Shockey, Vilma, Thomas. Just don't like the media slobbing y'all knob out of pity.

As far as the Falcons can't compare? You're only one notch above us. We've been to Super Bowl, you've won a Super Bowl. That's not that much of a difference. Much like I said about the Red Sox after winning the Series, "You're no longer the lovable losers. Now you're just a team with a horrible history." The same will go for Atlanta when they win one.

But you're the best this year. Enjoy it.

ETA: As far as the dog dight comment. Just ask Vick's cousin. You may have heard of him, Aaron Brooks.

lacarnut
02-09-2010, 01:56 PM
You're an angry little Saint, aren't ya? :D

I can't help what the sportscaster said, but he said it. Your "great fans" used their Katrina vouchers to buy beer cigarettes and cash for strippers. Now, you act like the free money had NOTHING to do with the sudden surge in season ticket sales. Whatever, dude. Congrats on the win. I like the Saints roster....Brees, Shockey, Vilma, Thomas. Just don't like the media slobbing y'all knob out of pity.

As far as the Falcons can't compare? You're only one notch above us. We've been to Super Bowl, you've won a Super Bowl. That's not that much of a difference. Much like I said about the Red Sox after winning the Series, "You're no longer the lovable losers. Now you're just a team with a horrible history." The same will go for Atlanta when they win one.

But you're the best this year. Enjoy it.

ETA: As far as the dog dight comment. Just ask Vick's cousin. You may have heard of him, Aaron Brooks.

Not angry. Quite happy. Shame a dickhead like you has to shit on a Congrats thread though.

If you are so narrow minded to believe what a sportscaster said and translate that into every fan, be my guest. Just makes you sound like a jealous dolt though.

Your comment about the Saints moving to San A. is just another one of your ignorant statements. Ticket sales for Saints games have beaten the Falcons year after year. Now, if you want to bet on it for the 2007 & 2008 season, just load the wagon up. A hick like you probably does not have too much to bet though. Come on, put your money where your mouth is.

Jumpy
02-09-2010, 02:40 PM
Saints have the greatest fans. Yep!! I know I mentioned it before.. my bf has been a fan since the very beginning.. and stuck with them through all of the "AINTS" years.

As far as Katrina being invoked in all of this... for cripes sakes.. the city was nearly destroyed. (cant remember if you brought this up, or someone else did) Have you ever been through anything similar to know how you would act right now? How the heck do you think Philadelphia fans would be acting right now? It is a legitimate discussion and it certainly bonds the NO fans.. the good, bad and the ugly.

My bf approaches everyone he sees who has a Saints hat, shirt, or lisence plate. Very few of them in PA, but there still is a comraderie among them. They do have some great fans.

WHO DAT?!?!?!

lacarnut
02-09-2010, 02:59 PM
Yep!! I know I mentioned it before.. my bf has been a fan since the very beginning.. and stuck with them through all of the "AINTS" years.

As far as Katrina being invoked in all of this... for cripes sakes.. the city was nearly destroyed. (cant remember if you brought this up, or someone else did) Have you ever been through anything similar to know how you would act right now? How the heck do you think Philadelphia fans would be acting right now? It is a legitimate discussion and it certainly bonds the NO fans.. the good, bad and the ugly.

My bf approaches everyone he sees who has a Saints hat, shirt, or lisence plate. Very few of them in PA, but there still is a comraderie among them. They do have some great fans.

WHO DAT?!?!?!

A 10 float parade is being held today at 5pm in their honor. This was planned after the Saints beat MN. So, even if they had lost the S.B., there would have been a parade. 10,000 greeted them at the airport when they got back home. Yep, the Saints do have some great fans win or lose.

Rebel Yell
02-09-2010, 03:09 PM
Not angry. Quite happy. Shame a dickhead like you has to shit on a Congrats thread though.

If you are so narrow minded to believe what a sportscaster said and translate that into every fan, be my guest. Just makes you sound like a jealous dolt though.

Your comment about the Saints moving to San A. is just another one of your ignorant statements. Ticket sales for Saints games have beaten the Falcons year after year. Now, if you want to bet on it for the 2007 & 2008 season, just load the wagon up. A hick like you probably does not have too much to bet though. Come on, put your money where your mouth is.

So now I'm a dickhead? Whatever, dude.

As far as Atlanta's attendance, the Brave's can't even sell out playoff games. Atlanta is a shitty sports town, everyone knows that. Most people in Atlanta came from somewhere else. That's why the opposing team always has a lot of fan support in the GA Dome.

Actually, I was referring to ownership wanting to move the Saints to L.A., and I believe 2007 & 2008 were after Katrina. And your right, a hick like me don't have alot of money. I am poor by most standards, but I own my home and my vehicles are paid for. My bank account is miniscule, and that really does make you a better person than me. So I guess you win, Richie Rich.

lacarnut
02-09-2010, 03:27 PM
So now I'm a dickhead? Whatever, dude.

As far as Atlanta's attendance, the Brave's can't even sell out playoff games. Atlanta is a shitty sports town, everyone knows that. Most people in Atlanta came from somewhere else. That's why the opposing team always has a lot of fan support in the GA Dome.

Actually, I was referring to ownership wanting to move the Saints to L.A., and I believe 2007 & 2008 were after Katrina. And your right, a hick like me don't have alot of money. I am poor by most standards, but I own my home and my vehicles are paid for. My bank account is miniscule, and that really does make you a better person than me. So I guess you win, Richie Rich.

I never heard any talk of the Saints moving to L.A. Tom Benson, the owner, wanted to move them to San A. after Katrina in 2005 because the Superdome needed a great deal of repairs. San. A. was home to the Saints after Katrina for a year. The greedy bastard was denied the move by the commissioner. So, you do not know what you are talking about.

So go wallow in your own shit dickhead. As far as being a better person, possibly, but not necessarily true. However, I am always looking to win a few bucks from a sucker.

Rebel Yell
02-09-2010, 03:33 PM
I never heard any talk of the Saints moving to L.A. Tom Benson, the owner, wanted to move them to San A. after Katrina in 2005 because the Superdome needed a great deal of repairs. San. A. was home to the Saints after Katrina for a year. The greedy bastard was denied the move by the commissioner. So, you do not know what you are talking about.

So go wallow in your own shit dickhead. As far as being a better person, possibly, but not necessarily true. However, I am always looking to win a few bucks from a sucker.

Maybe you weren't listening hard enough.

The Washington Post reports the NFL will consider relocating the Saints to Los Angeles if New Orleans is unable to recover from Hurricane Katrina. The newspaper cites three sources familiar with the league’s deliberation on the matter.

The Saints have been based in San Antonio since they were forced out of the Crescent City by the damaging August hurricane. But the sources say the league has no interest in the Texas city as a permanent home for the club.

Los Angeles is the second-largest television market in the country and has been without an NFL team since the Raiders moved back to Oakland after the 1994 season.

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/archives/nfl_may_move_saints_to_los_angeles/

Rebel Yell
02-09-2010, 03:34 PM
So go wallow in your own shit dickhead.

You mean like Saints' fans do every home game?;)

lacarnut
02-09-2010, 03:42 PM
You mean like Saints' fans do every home game?;)

Nope, go look in the mirror. Anybody that wants to be buried with a remembrance of a cigarette is fucked up in the head.

Rebel Yell
02-09-2010, 03:47 PM
Nope, go look in the mirror. Anybody that wants to be buried with a remembrance of a cigarette is fucked up in the head.

Yeah, and I was real serious about that. Especially since so many people just keel over from lung cancer. :rolleyes:

lacarnut
02-09-2010, 03:52 PM
Yeah, and I was real serious about that. Especially since so many people just keel over from lung cancer. :rolleyes:

What ever trips your trigger. I knew smoking 3 pks a day was bad for me so I quit.

Rebel Yell
02-09-2010, 03:53 PM
What ever trips your trigger. I knew smoking 3 pks a day was bad for me so I quit.

Well, pat yourself on the back. Not that you need to be told to do that.

ralph wiggum
02-09-2010, 03:56 PM
Play nice, gentlemen.

lacarnut
02-09-2010, 04:01 PM
Well, pat yourself on the back. Not that you need to be told to do that.

One day you might get there. Then, you can pat yourself on the back and be cough free!

lacarnut
02-09-2010, 05:29 PM
Saints victory parade on CNN today at 6pm EST.

Who Dat!

SaintLouieWoman
02-10-2010, 06:25 PM
Saints victory parade on CNN today at 6pm EST.

Who Dat!
A belated congrats on the Saints victory, :)

NJCardFan
02-10-2010, 11:25 PM
Congrats to the Saints, they earned the victory, but that "in the air" touchdown call was a very bad call IMHO. I think it may set a bad precedent for football going forward, we'll see. At any rate, NO owned the game and kudos for them on the win.

It wasn't a touchdown, it was a 2 point conversion and it meant nothing in the grand scheme of things. That said, it was a good call and was within the rules. I'd explain in detail but I'm too fucking tired.

As for our Falcons fan, you're just pissed that you couldn't recover from the ass whuppin we put on you in the playoffs last year. :D

And to our Saints fan, congrats. Your team and my team turned the NFC upside down these past 2 years. I'm glad y'all won. Makes me feel better about losing to you all.

Rebel Yell
02-11-2010, 10:01 AM
It wasn't a touchdown, it was a 2 point conversion and it meant nothing in the grand scheme of things. That said, it was a good call and was within the rules. I'd explain in detail but I'm too fucking tired.

As for our Falcons fan, you're just pissed that you couldn't recover from the ass whuppin we put on you in the playoffs last year. :D

And to our Saints fan, congrats. Your team and my team turned the NFC upside down these past 2 years. I'm glad y'all won. Makes me feel better about losing to you all.

Hey, we just put together our first ever back to back non losing seasons. Where are our congrats?

Seriously, though, that was the right call on the two point conversion.

JB
02-11-2010, 06:07 PM
Yep!! I know I mentioned it before.. my bf has been a fan since the very beginning.. and stuck with them through all of the "AINTS" years.

WHO DAT?!?!?!I don't care for the influence this new man is having on you. You've been too uppity lately.

You need to go back to Amish penis.