PDA

View Full Version : US soldier gives four-year-old daughter 'waterboarding' over alphabet

PoliCon
02-08-2010, 11:02 AM
A soldier subjected his four-year-old daughter to waterboard-style torture when she failed to recite her alphabet, it has been claimed.

Published: 9:50AM GMT 08 Feb 2010

Joshua Tabor allegedly told police he had used the technique because he was angry and knew his daughter was scared of water.

The 27-year-old, who had recently gained custody of the young girl, said she "squirmed" as he pushed her under the water three or four times, it was claimed.

Waterboarding is a controversial torture technique used by the CIA to interrogate al Qaeda suspects at Guantanamo Bay, where water is poured over detainees so they think they are drowning.

Mr Tabor, from the Lewis-McChord base in Tacoma, Washington, was arrested after he was seen wearing a Kevlar military helmet and threatening to smash windows.

When police went to his home in nearby Yelm, his girlfriend told them about the alleged torture.

Mr Tabor's daughter was found hiding in a cupboard with bruises on her back and throat. When asked how she got her injuries, she replied: "Daddy did it."

The soldier, who has been charged with assault and ordered to stay on the military base, will appear in court later this week.

He is not allowed any contact with his daughter and she has been taken into care.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/7187010/US-soldier-gives-four-year-old-daughter-waterboarding-over-alphabet.html

PoliCon
02-08-2010, 11:02 AM
I almost put this under stoopid liberal tricks but . . . this needs discussion.

djones520
02-08-2010, 11:29 AM
Not much discussion is needed. Even though we try to hold ourselves to higher standards, we still get these nutballs in the service. In my career field alone, I've known people who have been busted for arms dealing, drug running, or something as off as chewing their own flesh off at work.

linda22003
02-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Why would it be "stupid liberal tricks"? The article doesn't say anything about his politics.

Gingersnap
02-08-2010, 11:46 AM
Why would it be "stupid liberal tricks"? The article doesn't say anything about his politics.

The "water-boarding" reference. Clearly, he didn't use that technique, he used the far more common pretending-to-drown-your-kid technique. My brothers often employed the fake-sister-drowning technique.

Either way, it's wrong but it isn't comparable to the interrogation technique dubbed "water-boarding". The paper is just linking a controversial interrogation tool with an abusive father who happens to be a soldier.

Now, that's a Stupid Liberal Trick. ;)

PoliCon
02-08-2010, 12:28 PM

the trick is in how the case is being reported. The attempt to tie attempted drowning with water boarding.

noonwitch
02-08-2010, 01:59 PM
The "water-boarding" reference. Clearly, he didn't use that technique, he used the far more common pretending-to-drown-your-kid technique. My brothers often employed the fake-sister-drowning technique.

Either way, it's wrong but it isn't comparable to the interrogation technique dubbed "water-boarding". The paper is just linking a controversial interrogation tool with an abusive father who happens to be a soldier.

Now, that's a Stupid Liberal Trick. ;)

Man, and I thought my brother was cruel with the whole pinning me down and drooling loogies on my face. He stopped doing things like that to me when I discovered the value of a well-placed knee to the groin.

linda22003
02-08-2010, 02:11 PM
he used the far more common pretending-to-drown-your-kid technique.

Far more common? :confused: Where did YOU grow up? :eek:

Gingersnap
02-08-2010, 03:35 PM
Far more common? :confused: Where did YOU grow up? :eek:

Wyoming. One of my brothers (age 17) showed up at dawn after having spent the night drinking with his buddies. My Uncle sensibly believed that my brother would sober up a lot faster in the stock tank. It worked even faster when my Dad showed up and ducked his head a of couple times.

Was this abusive? Yes. Did it work? Yes. Did my brother ever show up for work half in the bag again? No. Was my brother a little girl? Well, sometimes but not in this case. :p

Rockntractor
02-08-2010, 04:17 PM

You mean the Infamous "swirly"?:D

Gingersnap
02-08-2010, 05:08 PM
You mean the Infamous "swirly"?:D

I still can't talk about it. :p

Rockntractor
02-08-2010, 05:56 PM
I still can't talk about it. :p

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/SwirlieSign.jpg?t=1265669727