PDA

View Full Version : Pastor comments on his 'hate crimes' lawsuit

FlaGator
02-08-2010, 03:09 PM
A black pastor who is challenging the constitutionality of the recently enacted federal "Hate Crimes Act" says he's offended by comparisons to the civil rights struggles of African-Americans with those who engage in homosexual behavior.

Pastor Levon Yuille of The Bible Church, outside Detroit, Michigan, joined three other ministry leaders in filing a lawsuit against U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder (http://www.onenewsnow.com/Legal/Default.aspx?id=880836). They are concerned, among other things, that under the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act, those who speak out against homosexuality could be prosecuted.

Yuille tells OneNewsNow that he also finds it insulting to equate the supposed "civil rights" struggle of homosexuals with the real civil rights struggle of African-Americans.

"I feel like individuals [are] demeaning the black community in trying to equate us to what someone chooses to do sexually," Yiulle remarks. "The totality of black people is far greater than what one would prefer to do in expressing themselves in the manner I've already stated."

The Michigan pastor says the spotlight should be on how the HIV virus is devastating his community -- women in particular. "I'm most certainly disheartened to see that there's so little focus being placed on this issue relative to so many black men participating in heterosexual and homosexual behavior -- and ultimately and regrettably a lot of black women contract AIDS through this type of behavior," he shares.

Pastor Yuille says he is taking a stand for truth, and believes he is doing what is right from a biblical, social, and health perspective.

The whole story is here (http://www.onenewsnow.com/Legal/Default.aspx?id=888646)

lacarnut
02-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Obummer and Holder are on the wrong side of this issue. Blacks that I worked with get pissed when associating queers with civil rights. The fag lovers in CA found that out when their gay marriage proposal was defeated.

noonwitch
02-08-2010, 04:31 PM
I never even heard of Rev. Yuille. He's from Ypsilanti, which is some distance from Detroit (40 miles, at least).

I'll bet his lawsuit gets thrown out. He has to prove that the law has somehow caused his rights to be violated. No minister in Michigan has been arrested or otherwise sanctioned for preaching that homosexuality is morally wrong, according to the Bible, so he really doesn't have much of a case for the courts to hear.

Until someone's rights are violated under the law, there really isn't reason for the judicial branch to intervene.

wilbur
02-09-2010, 09:15 AM
Yuille tells OneNewsNow that he also finds it insulting to equate the supposed "civil rights" struggle of homosexuals with the real civil rights struggle of African-Americans.

Another ignorant preacher making a fuss, without a smidgeon of knowledge about the group he disparaiges nor an ounce of knowledge about what hate crime legislation does.

Sonnabend
02-09-2010, 09:33 AM
Another ignorant preacher making a fuss, without a smidgeon of knowledge about the group he disparaiges nor an ounce of knowledge about what hate crime legislation does.

Speaking of ignorant...you have avoided the last four AGW threads in Weather.

lacarnut
02-09-2010, 09:37 AM

The only ignorant one is your dumb ass. Homos, lesbos, transgenders along with other freaks and the Civil Rights Act do not mix.

FlaGator
02-09-2010, 10:15 AM

Another ignorant poster running his mouth about things he doesn't know anything about.

wilbur
02-09-2010, 01:15 PM
Speaking of ignorant...you have avoided the last four AGW threads in Weather.

No, I've just been out of town - however, I dont intend to respond to every thread in there. I havent the time to keep up with the tabloid spam.

FlaGator
02-09-2010, 01:16 PM
No, I've just been out of town - however, I dont intend to respond to every thread in there. I havent the time to keep up with the tabloid spam.

Bwhahahahahahaha! That is rich!

wilbur
02-09-2010, 01:27 PM
Another ignorant poster running his mouth about things he doesn't know anything about.

Anyone who has earnestly looked, even a little bit, at the history of homosexual persecution would have no qualms about comparing it to human rights struggles of all stripes - including the African American struggle.

And of course, there's the little problem that the Fed Hate Crime Act does not create new crimes - so this preachers right to spew the nonsense that he probably does, is as protected as ever. He could still even read leviticus, in full, in front of a congregation if he likes. Wasnt a crime before, and it isnt now.

AmPat
02-09-2010, 01:50 PM
Anyone who has earnestly looked, even a little bit, at the history of homosexual persecution would have no qualms about comparing it to human rights struggles of all stripes - including the African American struggle.

And of course, there's the little problem that the Fed Hate Crime Act does not create new crimes - so this preachers right to spew the nonsense that he probably does, is as protected as ever. He could still even read leviticus, in full, in front of a congregation if he likes. Wasnt a crime before, and it isnt now.

I've never seen Black people run around screaming how Black they were. I've never seen heterosexuals throwing their bedroom practices in my face or having disgusting parades trumpeting their sexual practices. Maybe if gays kept their filthy little secrets in the bedroom and out of the spot light, they wouldn't get the crap kicked out of them.

Apache
02-09-2010, 02:04 PM
I've never seen Black people run around screaming how Black they were. I've never seen heterosexuals throwing their bedroom practices in my face or having disgusting parades trumpeting their sexual practices. Maybe if gays kept their filthy little secrets in the bedroom and out of the spot light, they wouldn't get the crap kicked out of them.

Honestly, Why do you and Flagator even bother with him? Wilbur will twist himself into a pretzel to defend the indefensible.....

PoliCon
02-09-2010, 02:40 PM
except wilbur - that Black people cannot help being black no matter what they do - where as Gays can exercise control over their actions.

wilbur
02-09-2010, 03:09 PM
except wilbur - that Black people cannot help being black no matter what they do

I don't think most homosexuals can either.

where as Gays can exercise control over their actions.

You mean they can hide their desires and/or avoid homosexual acts, and otherwise be indistinguishable from the population, in ways that a black person cannot. Yes, that is one difference - but its an unreasonable requirement(to say the least) to place upon them as a condition for remaining equal or free from persecution.

Of course, persecution, discrimination etc often happen without any homosexual act at all.

Is it somehow more terrible to be unjustly executed because one is black, as opposed to gay?

PoliCon
02-09-2010, 04:04 PM

You mean they can hide their desires and/or avoid homosexual acts, and otherwise be indistinguishable from the population, in ways that a black person cannot. Yes, that is one difference - but its an unreasonable requirement(to say the least) to place upon them as a condition for remaining equal or free from persecution.

Of course, persecution, discrimination etc often happen without any homosexual act at all.

Is it somehow more terrible to be unjustly executed because one is black, as opposed to gay?

In all actually - murder is murder no matter who does it - who teh victim is or what their motivations. Hate crimes are THOUGHT crimes and I am 1000% against thought crimes as should all thinking people be. Further more, I think you would be hard pressed to demonstrate examples of where people are harassed for being gay rather than for act or doing 'gay' things. I know several people who have SSA and who have no problems at all because they do not make gay their identity and do not engage in actions/behaviors that are deemed objectionable. Reality is - guys who mince - no matter what their sexual orientation are harassed for mincing.

lacarnut
02-09-2010, 04:22 PM
These freaks do not want equal rights; they want special rights. Canadian ministers being charged with a hate crime for preaching against homosexuality is f. up.

FlaGator
02-09-2010, 04:27 PM

African Americans sure have a issue with it and they are more qualified to speak to this than you or I. Still it doesn't surprise me in the least that you think you know more about something than the people who have actually gone through it. I don't believe you are black and you say you are not gay so you are not on as firm of ground to speak on this as the pastor in the OP.

FlaGator
02-09-2010, 04:29 PM
Honestly, Why do you and Flagator even bother with him? Wilbur will twist himself into a pretzel to defend the indefensible.....

I can't speak for AmPat but chatting with wilbur makes me fill smarter than I am. You should try it sometime. Its a real ego boost.

PoliCon
02-09-2010, 04:30 PM
African Americans sure have a issue with it and they are more qualified to speak to this than you or I. Still it doesn't surprise me in the least that you think you know more about something than the people who have actually gone through it. I don't believe you are black and you say you are not gay so you are not on as firm of ground to speak on this as the pastor in the OP.

pleading special circumstances. You don't have to be gay or black to speak to this issue and to claim otherwise is to plead special circumstances and/or to make an appeal to authority. Neither my opinions nor even wilburs no matter how asinine they are are invalidated by not being a member of the special groups being discussed.

FlaGator
02-09-2010, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by PoliCon http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/images/twisteddark/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?p=235691#post235691)
except wilbur - that Black people cannot help being black no matter what they do

I don't know about that. Other than Michael Jackson I've never know of a black person becoming white, but I've heard of quite a few homosexuals who decided to be heterosexual.

FlaGator
02-09-2010, 04:35 PM
pleading special circumstances. You don't have to be gay or black to speak to this issue and to claim otherwise is to plead special circumstances and/or to make an appeal to authority. Neither my opinions nor even wilburs no matter how asinine they are are invalidated by not being a member of the special groups being discussed.

I think that you misread my post. I didn't say that one has to be either to discuss this. I just stated that they have a better understanding of it, having gone through it.

wilbur
02-09-2010, 04:57 PM
Policon already made the point well, but....

African Americans sure have a issue with it and they are more qualified to speak to this than you or I. Still it doesn't surprise me in the least that you think you know more about something than the people who have actually gone through it.

Are you coming out of the closet here? Has the pastor come out of the closet? If not, then I hope you see the absurdity in this. According to your logic, neither you, nor the paster, should presume to know or understand the hardships or persecution that a homosexual must face, or has had to face in the past.

FlaGator
02-09-2010, 05:10 PM
Policon already made the point well, but....

Are you coming out of the closet here? Has the pastor come out of the closet? If not, then I hope you see the absurdity in this. According to your logic, neither you, nor the paster, should presume to know or understand the hardships or persecution that a homosexual must face, or has had to face in the past.

I clarified my point on this in another post but since you need a little extra help, I didn't say that one had to be black or gay to join the discussion. I stated that they are more qualified than you and I because they are closer to it than us but I never said we couldn't talk about. Please show me were I stated that we can't discuss it because we aren't gay. I bet you can't do it!

Oh I did make a little fun of you because you post implied that you may know more than they do about the topic.

PoliCon
02-09-2010, 05:18 PM
I think that you misread my post. I didn't say that one has to be either to discuss this. I just stated that they have a better understanding of it, having gone through it.

That is possible - it is also possible that they are less qualified to speak on the issue being intimately and emotionally involved.

FlaGator
02-09-2010, 05:29 PM
That is possible - it is also possible that they are less qualified to speak on the issue being intimately and emotionally involved.

I can see that (and thank you for pointing that out) but maybe it is because that I agree with the African-Americans that homosexually and racial segregation blinds me a little too on this issue.

PoliCon
02-09-2010, 05:37 PM
I can see that (and thank you for pointing that out) but maybe it is because that I agree with the African-Americans that homosexually and racial segregation blinds me a little too on this issue.

I agree with the pastor as well.

AmPat
02-09-2010, 08:57 PM
I can't speak for AmPat but chatting with wilbur makes me fill smarter than I am. You should try it sometime. Its a real ego boost.

+1. He writes more and says less than any one poster on this board. Fascinates me.