PDA

View Full Version : "French Homosexuals St. Valentine’s day “kiss-in” at Notre Dame Cathedral"

megimoo
02-10-2010, 06:41 PM
– A French homosexualist organization will be staging a "French" “kiss-in” at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris this Sunday, St. Valentine’s day. Dozens of homosexuals are expected to turn up and kiss for five minutes at 2 p.m., after services at the cathedral.

“Strangely, the extremists of the homosexual cause do not assemble to the Grand Mosque of Paris. However, it is in Muslim countries (that apply Sharia [law]) that homosexuals are executed!”

Organizer Arthur Vautier told a Paris homosexual magazine, Tetu, that the demonstration is meant to “challenge the Church to question religion on the issue of love and marriage between gays and between lesbians.”

“We were probably over a hundred at the last kiss-in,” Vautier said.

The “Catholic Culture City” blog called on Christians to “respond firmly and courteously” to the “new provocation by the gay lobby and suspected complicity of the media.”

snip

http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2010/feb/10021003.html

Gingersnap
02-10-2010, 08:48 PM
Like gay guys sucking face in front of a famed cathedral are really interested in love or romance. :rolleyes:

stsinner
02-10-2010, 08:51 PM
Like gay guys sucking face in front of a famed cathedral are really interested in love or romance. :rolleyes:

More reason to dislike them and wish them back in the closet, crying into their pillows at night. A new one every day.

Gingersnap
02-10-2010, 08:58 PM
More reason to dislike them and wish them back in the closet, crying into their pillows at night. A new one every day.

What's annoying about these stunts is the fact there are already plenty of "Christian" churches perfectly willing to solemnize gay "weddings", employ gay clergy, and twist theology to suit gay tastes. Yet amazingly, few gays avail themselves of all these churchy opportunities.

If the RCC accepted gay behavior as normal tomorrow morning, about 27 gay guys would start attending morning mass, going to confession, and observing Lent. They don't want to join any church; they simply don't want traditional Christians to go about their own business.

PoliCon
02-10-2010, 09:09 PM
What's annoying about these stunts is the fact there are already plenty of "Christian" churches perfectly willing to solemnize gay "weddings", employ gay clergy, and twist theology to suit gay tastes. Yet amazingly, few gays avail themselves of all these churchy opportunities.

If the RCC accepted gay behavior as normal tomorrow morning, about 27 gay guys would start attending morning mass, going to confession, and observing Lent. They don't want to join any church; they simply don't want traditional Christians to go about their own business.

yup yup yup.

NJCardFan
02-10-2010, 11:11 PM
It's crap like this that makes people not too sympathetic to their cause. You don't see a bunch of straight people going to a GLAAD convention and holding "kiss in's". They can all burn in hell for all I care.

megimoo
02-10-2010, 11:17 PM
It's crap like this that makes people not too sympathetic to their cause. You don't see a bunch of straight people going to a GLAAD convention and holding "kiss in's". They can all burn in hell for all I care.Dante's Inferno places a special ring in hell for sodomites !

linda22003
02-11-2010, 07:39 AM
It occurs to me that I will actually be able to verify whether this happens or not - outside of LifeSite"News" and Megi's fantasies.

wilbur
02-11-2010, 09:31 AM

My wife had a piano teacher, homosexual and in a committed monogamous relationship with a partner to whom he would be married, were it possible... and he is a devout Christian. The poor guy basically got ejected from his church (it was even a pretty liberal one), if he maintained his lifestyle. I am sure he had not the power to convince himself that there was anything wrong or perverse about that lifestyle. His church was a huge part of his life, like I'm sure it is for many of you. So it wasn't an easy thing when his priest basically told him to change or stay away. He was also one of the nicest and meekest persons that I had ever met, and even as silly as I think religion is, I felt really bad for him.

I know many gay people who are otherwise very spiritually inclined people (just like the rest of us) and find refuge in less orthodox spiritual outlets, because they can't find it anywhere else. I'm quite sure the churches would find many enthusiastic members from homosexuals should the church finally ever fix its broken moral philosophy. Homosexuals aren't all leather-clad dudes with whips and chains parading down the main square for all too see, as many like to think.

That being said, the purpose of these kinds of stunts isnt necessarily to gain membership in a church or to prevent Christians from going about their business for its own sake - its to protest a powerful segment of society that actively works to keep them marginalized.

asdf2231
02-11-2010, 09:37 AM
My wife had a piano teacher, homosexual and in a committed monogamous relationship with a partner to whom he would be married, were it possible... and he is a devout Christian. The poor guy basically got ejected from his church (it was even a pretty liberal one), if he maintained his lifestyle. I am sure he had not the power to convince himself that there was anything wrong or perverse about that lifestyle. His church was a huge part of his life, like I'm sure it is for many of you. So it wasn't an easy thing when his priest basically told him to change or stay away. He was also one of the nicest and meekest persons that I had ever met, and even as silly as I think religion is, I felt really bad for him.

I know many gay people who are otherwise very spiritually inclined people (just like the rest of us) and find refuge in less orthodox spiritual outlets, because they can't find it anywhere else. I'm quite sure the churches would find many enthusiastic members from homosexuals should the church finally ever fix its broken moral philosophy. Homosexuals aren't all leather-clad dudes with whips and chains parading down the main square for all too see, as many like to think.

That being said, the purpose of these kinds of stunts isnt necessarily to gain membership in a church or to prevent Christians from going about their business for its own sake - its to protest a powerful segment of society that actively works to marginalize them.

JHC... You're Straight?!?! I owe someone money. :(

PoliCon
02-11-2010, 10:35 AM
That being said, the purpose of these kinds of stunts isnt necessarily to gain membership in a church or to prevent Christians from going about their business for its own sake - its to protest a powerful segment of society that actively works to keep them marginalized. Which is why the target those groups that object the most to homosexuality right? I mean - if you're going to protest - you protest those who most guilty.

PoliCon
02-11-2010, 10:36 AM
Dante's Inferno places a special ring in hell for sodomites !

I've decided. You're retarded.

linda22003
02-11-2010, 10:41 AM
Dante's Inferno places a special ring in hell for sodomites !

And what ring of hell is reserved for those who are WAY too interested in them?

NJCardFan
02-12-2010, 12:06 AM

That being said, the purpose of these kinds of stunts isnt necessarily to gain membership in a church or to prevent Christians from going about their business for its own sake - its to protest a powerful segment of society that actively works to keep them marginalized.
http://blog.epromos.com/archives/bouncy-balls.jpg