PDA

View Full Version : The Missouri House ok's Drug Testing for Welfare Recipients...YAY!!!

stsinner
02-11-2010, 09:12 PM
Finally!!! Some common sense!!!

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=195818&catid=3

djones520
02-11-2010, 09:17 PM
Critics question if the children of people testing positive for drugs would be harmed by losing benefits.

Not nearly as much as they're already being harmed by their druggy parents who care more about killing their brain then actually trying to provide for their children.

PoliCon
02-11-2010, 09:22 PM
Bravo!!

AmPat
02-11-2010, 11:24 PM
Does this mean we will no longer use animals for testing?:confused::p

Rockntractor
02-11-2010, 11:45 PM
Does this mean we will no longer use animals for testing?:confused::p

:D

PoliCon
02-11-2010, 11:50 PM
Ya know . . . I have a feeling that welfare recipients have an unfair advantage when it comes to any kind of test on drugs . . . .

patriot45
02-12-2010, 12:43 AM
Ya know . . . I have a feeling that welfare recipients have an unfair advantage when it comes to any kind of test on drugs . . . .

You are a racist aren't you!?! I didn't say I disagreed, just that you would have judged me!

ColonialMarine0431
02-12-2010, 01:32 AM
ACLU in

noonwitch
02-12-2010, 08:53 AM
When Engler tried to institute drug testing for welfare reicipients in Michigan, the courts ruled against his program. He found ways around the rulings, once the welfare program got replaced with a job hunting program-most prospective employers did require drug tests, so the recipients got tested that way, and if positive, were given so much time to get treatment or get cut off from all assistance and have CPS notified. This is pretty effective with potheads, who, at the bottom level, generally don't want to lose their kids over their habits.

The hard-core drug users usually end up finding a way to get SSI and thus be exempt from the drug-testing. The really ironic cases are the ones who get SSI for conditions caused by a lifetime of shooting smack or smoking crack.

sgrooms
02-12-2010, 10:35 AM
I was on the floor of the Missouri House when they were debating this bill last week. It was very testy!

PoliCon
02-12-2010, 11:09 AM
I was on the floor of the Missouri House when they were debating this bill last week. It was very testy!

I'm sure it was. I'm sure that there were people claiming that drug testing would violate the rights of those on welfare. Welp my answer to that is when you belly up to the public trough, the public has a right to know that they're not supporting your drug habit.

Apache
02-12-2010, 12:18 PM
Welp my answer to that is when you belly up to the public trough, the public has a right to know that they're not supporting your drug habit.

There ya go....:cool: