PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Thread: Happy Valentine's Day

Bubba Dawg
02-14-2010, 07:32 AM
Back home again on The Mountain. We've been to South Georgia and North Florida visiting family. We also had a few days at the beach. It was too cold for beach activities but I enjoyed several cigars with scotch on the balcony overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. Nice.

Today is Sunday but the roads are a mess so we won't make it to church. The snow that partially melted yesterday has re-frozen overnight. We are expecting more snow tonight. Current temp is 25 degrees.

Today is the Day of the Daytona 500. It's the one stock car race I watch and usually I watch it every year. At least tis year there is no rain in the forecast. There are few things worse than a rain delay in a stock car race.

I like to watch and count the Dales.

It is also Valentines Day so here's a teddy for all the ladies at CU...

http://www.bessysfloraldesigns.com.au/images/md/valentines%20day%20flowers%205.jpg

TOTD: Valentines Day. What's the best or worst gift you ever got or heard of?

BadCat
02-14-2010, 11:11 AM
And here is a teddy for the guys...

http://www.fhmonline.com/Site/ImgCreation/GalleryPic.aspx?Image=/images/media/Main37786200812112339456223228_Carlee-M1.jpg

Rockntractor
02-14-2010, 11:12 AM
It snowed again, it wasn't supposed to hit us but we got dumped on. I was going to cut more wood today because I have been burning 4 times as much as normal and now I have to slosh around in slush. No Outback today in this crap, that woman won't go anywhere when it's crappy out!:mad:

Bubba Dawg
02-14-2010, 11:35 AM
And here is a teddy for the guys...

http://www.fhmonline.com/Site/ImgCreation/GalleryPic.aspx?Image=/images/media/Main37786200812112339456223228_Carlee-M1.jpg

Thanks BC.

You're an incurable romantic. :D

Bubba Dawg
02-14-2010, 11:36 AM
It snowed again, it wasn't supposed to hit us but we got dumped on. I was going to cut more wood today because I have been burning 4 times as much as normal and now I have to slosh around in slush. No Outback today in this crap, that woman won't go anywhere when it's crappy out!:mad:

You could cook her a goat. :D

Rockntractor
02-14-2010, 11:40 AM
You could cook her a goat. :D

The driveway has been to muddy to haul them to the butcher, the butcher whethers have been ready for their vacation at the spa for two weeks now!

BadCat
02-14-2010, 11:53 AM
Thanks BC.

You're an incurable romantic. :D

I am.

I got my wife a video camera for Valentine's Day.

Told her it was so she could make videos of her horse and show dog.

She fell for it.

Bubba Dawg
02-14-2010, 01:08 PM
I am.

She fell for it.

Nice....:D

Bubba Dawg
02-14-2010, 01:19 PM
The driveway has been to muddy to haul them to the butcher, the butcher whethers have been ready for their vacation at the spa for two weeks now!

When I was growing up we took our hogs to the abattoir.

I've heard that term used here in the South. How about Minnesota?

PoliCon
02-14-2010, 04:08 PM
I am.

She fell for it.:rolleyes:

and how did you explain the camera mounts you installed in the bedroom?

We celebrated last night. Started things off with a rose pedal and candle light bath - with massage . . . Then went to dinner at a jazz club where a friend of ours was performing who I got to dedicate "angel eyes" to her and we danced. :)

Rockntractor
02-14-2010, 06:47 PM
When I was growing up we took our hogs to the abattoir.

I've heard that term used here in the South. How about Minnesota?
No we just called them the meat packer or butcher. Abattoir must be a left over from before the Louisiana purchase or the French Canadians brought it down with them when they settled the coast.