Dan D. Doty
02-15-2010, 10:33 PM
I lost my job today at Wal-Mart.

I don't know what to do, where to go; need help,

Rockntractor
02-15-2010, 10:37 PM
I lost my job today at Wal-Mart.

I don't know what to do, where to go; need help,

Where do you live? I should be saying is it a rural area or a large city?

SaintLouieWoman
02-15-2010, 10:42 PM
Are they hiring at the Costco in South County? I heard that they pay pretty well.

So sorry to hear your bad news.

RobJohnson
02-16-2010, 12:22 AM
Sorry man, that stinks.

Wishing you the best of luck in finding a new job.

Bubba Dawg
02-16-2010, 06:30 AM
Sorry to hear that.

Try the Dept of Labor office to check on unemployment. They also have a listing of jobs that might be available.

Good luck.

obx
02-16-2010, 06:43 AM
Keep your chin up Dan, we are all here to give you support.
________
PISSING GIRL (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/824/girl/videos/1)

Nubs
02-16-2010, 09:04 AM
Unemployment Link (http://www.dolir.mo.gov/es/info_workers.htm)

noonwitch
02-16-2010, 11:52 AM
I'm sorry you lost your job. That sucks. Is there a non-profit organization that works with people who have Asberger's in your area that can help? I remember you mentioning in the past that you'd been diagnosed with it, but also know that you are one of those independent types who doesn't feel sorry for himself (which is an example of your good character). But if there was a group that could help you get a job, that would be worth checking out.

Is there a Lowes or Home Depot in the area? Those are decent places to work, as far as retail goes. Meijer has a union, so they pay slightly more, but they also take union dues out of the check.

My advice is that when you are not out applying and interviewing for jobs, do some volunteer work with a local church or community group. Sometimes the contacts you make doing that work lead to jobs.

lacarnut
02-16-2010, 01:04 PM
Sorry to hear that. Hope you find something soon. Most of us have been there and done that so keep your chin up and start looking.

bijou
02-16-2010, 01:14 PM
Sorry to hear that Dan, and sorry I can't offer any help from over here. :(

Speedy
02-16-2010, 03:20 PM
Sorry to hear about that. Hope things look up for you but in Barky's economy don't get your hopes. After about six months to a year, you'll get used to it. As I have.

SarasotaRepub
02-16-2010, 07:24 PM
Very sorry to hear that Dan. Try and keep a positive attitude. :)

marv
02-16-2010, 08:20 PM
Well, hate to throw cold water, but DDD hasn't responded here, soI think he's ginning up something to compare CU responses with DU responses.

Dunno but that's my guess.

Rockntractor
02-16-2010, 08:27 PM
Dan will be back, he is just upset right now and I can't say I blame him. One of the reasons I went into business myself is that I got tired of all the boom and bust cycles when I worked in machine shops 24 years. Come on Dan check in, we want to know how your doing!

RobJohnson
02-16-2010, 09:15 PM
Dan will be back, he is just upset right now and I can't say I blame him. One of the reasons I went into business myself is that I got tired of all the boom and bust cycles when I worked in machine shops 24 years. Come on Dan check in, we want to know how your doing!

I got my start in machine shops, body shops and manufacturing shops...good times. :D

Rockntractor
02-16-2010, 09:18 PM
I got my start in machine shops, body shops and manufacturing shops...good times. :D
I did it for years and was good at it but I'm doing what I love now!

RobJohnson
02-16-2010, 10:07 PM

I never worked any one place to get really good at it. (Other when I painted cars, I was the best in town, LOL)
I would work a place for a few weeks, get laid off, go to another place, then get called back to first place...awwww....I miss the 80's.... I've worked in shops that made cable reels, tractor & semi cabs, corn planters, elevators & aluminum airplane wings...

Then I went back into the automotive field in 1996....

RobJohnson
02-16-2010, 10:09 PM

I'm sure your customers appreciate you more then mine do in my current line of work. I get yelled at alot.

Rockntractor
02-16-2010, 10:10 PM
I'm sure your customers appreciate you more then mine do in my current line of work. I get yelled at alot.
Well you are providing a valuable service! people need someone to yell at too.:D

TxTenther
02-16-2010, 10:17 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. You're not alone, that's for sure. Contact your local unemployment office. If your state is like mine, you can file online. I have a couple friends that got laid off and that's what they said they did. They also said you can log into the worksource site and post a resume' and job search.

Good luck

RobJohnson
02-16-2010, 10:39 PM
Well you are providing a valuable service! people need someone to yell at too.:D

True.

LOL

Apocalypse
02-16-2010, 11:05 PM
Don't know what your qualified for, but lots of jobs in your area.
http://www.gojobs.com/jobsearch/jobs.aspx?q=&l=Arnold,%20MO

Dan D. Doty
02-26-2010, 10:18 PM
Thanks for all the support guys; you folks are really good :D:D:D

I've put in for unemployment, and have a couple of other things in the works.

And once again, thanks.

Bubba Dawg
02-27-2010, 06:48 PM
Thanks for all the support guys; you folks are really good :D:D:D

I've put in for unemployment, and have a couple of other things in the works.

And once again, thanks.

Good Luck Dan. Hope you find something soon.

gunsited
02-28-2010, 10:28 PM
Sorry to hear about your missfortune. You will find something soon hopefully.
Good news for you though, B/O extended the unemployment ins. limitso, youve got at least a year a nd a half i think, before your unem. ins. runs out.
I suggest that you check into the census dept., i hear their hiring, and so is the IRS,or some other Guvment job, because soon, very soon that's all the work there's gonna be. hopee changee..... hopee changee....hopee changee Weee this is fun!!!!!