PDA

View Full Version : Black Bar Association Warns Of Election Racism.

Gingersnap
08-01-2008, 10:14 AM
Legal group wary of election racism
National Bar Association fears new black voters won't be on rolls

By LESLIE CASIMIR Copyright 2008 Houston Chronicle
July 31, 2008, 10:52PM

A panel of lawyers who practice election law predict that there will be numerous voter suppression tactics used during this historic presidential election season when an unprecedented number of black voters are expected to turn out at the polls.

Everyone remembers Florida: how hanging chads gripped the nation and how many African-American voters there said they were turned away from voting during the 2000 general election.

The experts in town for the weeklong convention of the National Bar Association, a black legal organization say those problems may be eclipsed by Election Day on Nov. 4.

"We all know, whether you're voting for Sen. Barack Obama, whether you are voting for Sen. John McCain, this is going to be one of the most racist election seasons we've ever seen," said Tanya Clay House, director of public policy at the Washington, D.C.-based People for the American Way Foundation, who spoke Thursday at the Westin Oaks hotel in the Galleria. "We've already seen some deceptive practices and tactics that have taken place in years past when there was no candidate of African-American descent running."

So election fraud is pretty much a racist issue even if no blacks are involved? :confused:

Houston Chron (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/metro/5918682.html)

Elspeth
08-01-2008, 10:47 AM
So election fraud is pretty much a racist issue even if no blacks are involved? :confused:

Houston Chron (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/metro/5918682.html)

Silly, don't you know that everything is racist? :p

Gingersnap
08-01-2008, 11:27 AM
Silly, don't you know that everything is racist? :p

You may be right. I just read an article claiming that Global Climate Change is pretty much caused by suburban white people who don't want to live in inner city crack houses.

*sigh*

Elspeth
08-01-2008, 12:00 PM
You may be right. I just read an article claiming that Global Climate Change is pretty much caused by suburban white people who don't want to live in inner city crack houses.

*sigh*

OK, that's a new one. Good Lord!

(You know, we need a WTF smiley for some things...)

BTW, don't crack houses use lots of energy?

Gingersnap
08-01-2008, 01:07 PM
OK, that's a new one. Good Lord!

(You know, we need a WTF smiley for some things...)

BTW, don't crack houses use lots of energy?

They run on little propane torches so no way they are bad as your fancy pants book light running off a battery. :p

NonConformist
08-01-2008, 01:50 PM
Because if Barak the Magic Negro loses, its because of racism. Remember everything that happens to minorities they dont like is racism, this will be no different

InspiredHome
08-03-2008, 11:29 PM
I'm so tired of all this racist carp. There is only ONE race, the human race. Of course the more these people blather I'm willing to reconsider. Truly, humans can't be THAT stupid. My two-year-old shows more sense.

AmPat
08-03-2008, 11:47 PM
SO is there a new qualification one must meet in order to vote? Is it still ok for me to NOT vote for BHO because I disagree with his positions on everything important to me? I don't trust BHO either, is it ok for me to vote for another candidate or am I a "racist?":rolleyes:

lacarnut
08-04-2008, 12:54 AM
With that kind of stupidity, these lawyers must have gotten their degrees from Sears & Roebuck. :eek: These idiots want to make race an issue.

PB2012
08-04-2008, 01:46 AM
Of course race is an issue!

Imagine all the comments and the hype if a white minister said "I want to cut Obama's nuts off"
But a black "godly" man can do it and it's nothing.
I think to many minorites, playing the race card is just a scape goat.

Elspeth
08-04-2008, 01:04 PM
I think to many minorites, playing the race card is just a scape goat.

Actually, it's just another weapon in the arsenal. Except that this election year, a lot of us are not taking the direct hit anymore.