PDA

View Full Version : 528-pound mom has 6.4 pound baby

Gingersnap
02-18-2010, 01:05 PM
528-pound mom has 6.4 pound baby

Romanian woman gave birth at hospital for the obese.

http://i48.tinypic.com/3088e2c.jpg
Victoria Lacatus is lifted by firefighters out of an ambulance in Bucharest, Romania, Wed., Feb.17, 2010.

BUCHAREST, Romania - A 25-year-old woman weighing 528 pounds (240 kilograms) gave birth to her first baby on Thursday at a hospital equipped to treat obese people.

"The baby is the fruit of the love between me and my future husband who is slimmer, weighing just 70 kilograms (154 pounds)," said Victoria Lacatus. "I wanted this child with all my heart, whatever the sacrifice," the Adevarul newspaper quoted her as saying.

The healthy baby girl, born by Caesarean section, weighed 2.9 kilograms (6.4 pounds), said Bogdan Popescu, a spokesman at Bucharest University Emergency Hospital.

Lacatus was admitted there from her village in southern Romania because the local hospital did not have any beds that could bear her weight, officials said. In Bucharest, three teams of ambulance staff and firefighters were needed to carry her into the hospital.

Popescu said Lacatus was being carefully monitored because she suffers from a thyroid problem and doctors said post-surgery complications could develop because of her morbid obesity.

Dr. Daghni Rasasingham, a spokewoman for Britain's Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists in London said it was "increasingly common" in the past two decades for obese women of Lacatus' size to have babies. She said the Romanian woman would be at risk from clots, diabetes, post-birth bleeding and infection.

However, she added that the danger posed by the woman giving birth could only be accuarately measured based on her body mass index or BMI, which is a calculation of height and weight used to measure body fat.

Lacatus said she will soon marry her 36-year-old fiance, Costica Lacatus.

Considering the engineering problems of this union, it's clear what she sees in him. :D

MSNBC (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35458030/ns/health-pregnancy/)

Articulate_Ape
02-18-2010, 01:06 PM
Good lord!

megimoo
02-18-2010, 03:32 PM
Considering the engineering problems of this union, it's clear what she sees in him. :D

MSNBC (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35458030/ns/health-pregnancy/)How could any self respecting critter have sex with a woman like that ?
She be definitely a 'wintertime woman',In the summertime the flies around her would be too dense !

noonwitch
02-18-2010, 04:02 PM
She has a thyroid problem that probably needs to be treated-that probably accounts for 100-150 lbs of her weight.

But, boy, I'll bet her 154 lb husband can get lost in her.

Articulate_Ape
02-18-2010, 04:27 PM
She has a thyroid problem that probably needs to be treated-that probably accounts for 100-150 lbs of her weight.

But, boy, I'll bet her 154 lb husband can get lost in her.

He must have to leave a trail of bread crumbs.

JB
02-18-2010, 06:03 PM
I know six guys on CU that would hit that right now.

I am not one of them. I prefer blondes.

PoliCon
02-18-2010, 06:16 PM
I'll be he slapped her thigh and caught the next wave in . . .

stsinner
02-18-2010, 06:18 PM
She has no chance in hell of even being a mediocre mother... That poor child.. I hope DSS takes the child and puts it with an adoptive family with an ambulatory mother..

And only 25!! Imagine what girth she'll be able to amass by 40...

PoliCon
02-18-2010, 06:22 PM
She has no chance in hell of even being a mediocre mother... That poor child.. I hope DSS takes the child and puts it with an adoptive family with an ambulatory mother..

And only 25!! Imagine what girth she'll be able to amass by 40...

wow. Just . . . wow. :rolleyes:

Rockntractor
02-18-2010, 10:09 PM
some cesarean, I bet they sent in a search party to find it!

djones520
02-19-2010, 07:35 PM
some cesarean, I bet they sent in a search party to find it!

Yeah, I was thinking they shoulda pulled the plastic surgeon in while they were at it and stripped a couple hundred pounds outta there.

Shannon
02-19-2010, 07:44 PM
I'm so disappointed in all y'all. The porker hate on this site is disgraceful.:(

RobJohnson
02-21-2010, 01:23 AM
I'm glad the baby is healthy and that the mom is doing ok.

The miracle of birth is so awesome.

Rockntractor
02-21-2010, 01:36 AM
Yeah, I was thinking they shoulda pulled the plastic surgeon in while they were at it and stripped a couple hundred pounds outta there.

Think of all the full luscious lips that collagen would have created!

stsinner
02-21-2010, 08:47 PM
Think of all the full luscious lips that collagen would have created!

The only flaw in the dastardly plan is that it wasn't collagen they would extract, but liquid Baby Ruths, and those are kind of lumpy...