PDA

View Full Version : Right Wing Extremists: February 17, 2010

PoliCon
02-18-2010, 11:08 PM
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
By T. CHRISTOPHER

Here’s another compilation of conservative / libertarian ramblings from around the blog world. I have added a few new faces to the fold so make sure to browse around their sites if you see one that’s new to you. Its been a relatively slow news week, but with CPAC beginning tomorrow, I have no doubt that it will pick up and a few of these sites would be a great place to start.

Tea Party Needs Some Etiquette – Political Realities

There’s an excellent and very long article in the NY Times today on the development and broad range of tea party groups around the country that’s a must read for anybody interested in learning more about this growing movement. Of course, calling it a movement implies some cohesion and the article makes clear the lack of central coordination; but… Read more of this article

George Bush And Republicans Responsible For D.C. Blizzard – Strident Conservative

Faced with one of the coldest and snowiest winters on record, Democrats have been scrambling for a logical explanation as to the cause for this extreme weather in light of the fact that global warming is “settled science,” as the Administration contended immediately following Climategate.

After several hours in closed-door meetings, Harry Reid and Barack Obama came to the conclusion that the only explanation for such contradictory events lie at the feet of the Republicans, as the GOP tries to hijack the Democrat Cap and Trade Tax legislation that they need to finance their record-breaking spending spree, I mean clean and save the planet.

Justice Antonin Scalia Talks Seccession – The Classic Liberal

To begin with, the answer is clear. If there was any constitutional issue resolved by the Civil War, it is that there is no right to secede. (Hence, in the Pledge of Allegiance, “one Nation, indivisible.”) Secondly, I find it difficult to envision who the parties to this lawsuit might be. Is the State suing the United States for a declaratory judgment? But the United States cannot be sued without its consent, and it has not consented …

CONTINUED (http://networkedblogs.com/pNeE)