PDA

View Full Version : Friday Free-For-All

Gingersnap
02-19-2010, 10:13 AM
Linda Numbers is busy buying Hermes scarves and eating pâté over in Paris this Friday so I'm throwing the Day Thread open for all topics (well, all the PG topics).

It's snowing on and off here and that will keep up through the weekend. However, the skiing is great! :)

Rebel Yell
02-19-2010, 10:20 AM
Why do I like this commercial so much?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPu9DtpzOdc

Gingersnap
02-19-2010, 10:33 AM

You were permanently damaged by reading too much Dr. Seuss in the first grade? Just guessing here.

Rebel Yell
02-19-2010, 10:48 AM
You were permanently damaged by reading too much Dr. Seuss in the first grade? Just guessing here.

Funny, that's what I was thinking, too. You must have ESPN.

BadCat
02-19-2010, 10:50 AM
Anybody watching that new reality show called "Seducing Cindy"? A bunch of geeks and losers are trying to "seduce" the world's most downloaded female.

Cindy is pretty hot, but I wouldn't put myself through what those guys are doing for ANY chick. Last week, they made them donate sperm samples which were tested for count and mobility, the "winner" getting a "date" with Miss Margolis. What some guys will do to not get laid.

http://images.askmen.com/photos/cindy-margolis/cindy-margolis-88042.jpg

Rebel Yell
02-19-2010, 10:56 AM
Anybody watching that new reality show called "Seducing Cindy"? A bunch of geeks and losers are trying to "seduce" the world's most downloaded female.

Cindy is pretty hot, but I wouldn't put myself through what those guys are doing for ANY chick. Last week, they made them donate sperm samples which were tested for count and mobility, the "winner" getting a "date" with Miss Margolis. What some guys will do to not get laid.

http://images.askmen.com/photos/cindy-margolis/cindy-margolis-88042.jpg

I don't do the reality show thing (unless Intervention counts), but my wife is hooked on The Bad Girls Club.

lacarnut
02-19-2010, 11:05 AM
I have been suffering with a bout of diverticulitis for the last couple of days. Went to the doctor yesterday. The meds started to kick in; little pain today. Lost 6 pounds eating soup and ice cream. On the bright side; I started my diet. Bagged all the junk food up and will give it to my stepson.

noonwitch
02-19-2010, 11:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPu9DtpzOdc

I don't know, but I like it too, even though Sir Charles is getting hefty in his old age. I've always liked him. He was never a crybaby when the old school Pistons beat his team-I never heard him whining about Laimbeer elbowing him in the head or anything.

Rebel Yell
02-19-2010, 11:14 AM
I'm on my third day without a cigarette. Maybe I won't get divorced this weekend.:D

Rebel Yell
02-19-2010, 11:15 AM
I don't know, but I like it too, even though Sir Charles is getting hefty in his old age. I've always liked him. He was never a crybaby when the old school Pistons beat his team-I never heard him whining about Laimbeer elbowing him in the head or anything.

He didn't whine, he just beat the shit out of Laimbeer.

Shannon
02-19-2010, 06:10 PM
I'm on my third day without a cigarette. Maybe I won't get divorced this weekend.:D

I give you one more hour before you break.

Articulate_Ape
02-19-2010, 07:06 PM
Where's Chuck Norris? (http://www.dump.com/2010/02/18/type-where-can-i-find-chuck-norris-in-google-click-im-feeling-lucky/)

JB
02-19-2010, 07:18 PM
Why do birds suddenly appear everytime I am near?

Rockntractor
02-19-2010, 07:23 PM
Why did Jimmy crack corn and when he did why did nobody care?:confused:

Shannon
02-19-2010, 07:29 PM

I think they just like to shit on your head.

JB
02-19-2010, 07:33 PM
I think they just like to shit on your head.How's your new baby doing? (http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?t=25388)

Articulate_Ape
02-19-2010, 07:42 PM

That depends. Are they buzzards or crows?

Shannon
02-19-2010, 07:42 PM
How's your new baby doing? (http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?t=25388)

ROFL! I didn't see that one coming...

Articulate_Ape
02-19-2010, 07:47 PM
Why did Jimmy crack corn and when he did why did nobody care?:confused:

Who cares? (http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1288/who-is-jimmy-and-why-does-he-crack-corn) Why does the windshield wiper always work better on the passenger side and why are there Braille dots on the drive-up ATM?

Rebel Yell
02-22-2010, 10:35 AM
I give you one more hour before you break.

Still hanging in there.

linda22003
02-22-2010, 11:24 AM
Thank you, Ginger, for taking the Friday thread in my absence. The results are not your fault.

Gingersnap
02-22-2010, 11:30 AM
Thank you, Ginger, for taking the Friday thread in my absence. The results are not your fault.

LOL! I already had plausible deniability. :p

linda22003
02-22-2010, 11:36 AM
LOL! I already had plausible deniability. :p

And you are certainly correct on the pate consumption, but not the Hermes scarves. I can get those here at home. And escargots are incredible when the shells are stuffed with foie gras, or blue cheese.....

Right around the corner from our apartment! :)
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3075/2641565631_b258c19be5.jpg?v=0

lacarnut
02-22-2010, 01:20 PM
And you are certainly correct on the pate consumption, but not the Hermes scarves. I can get those here at home. And escargots are incredible when the shells are stuffed with foie gras, or blue cheese.....

Right around the corner from our apartment! :)
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3075/2641565631_b258c19be5.jpg?v=0

I will have my escargo with garlic butter, thank you. No stuffing.

linda22003
02-22-2010, 01:25 PM
It's not "stuffing" per se; the blue cheese and the foie gras melt into the snail, like the garlic butter does.

lacarnut
02-22-2010, 01:30 PM
It's not "stuffing" per se; the blue cheese and the foie gras melt into the snail, like the garlic butter does.

I would like to try one but I am not a big fan of blue cheese.

JB
02-22-2010, 09:20 PM
It was like we all were on vacation. But that's over now.

Bubba Dawg
02-22-2010, 09:23 PM
I would like to try one but I am not a big fan of blue cheese.

The big thing about escargot is to eat it slow.

lacarnut
02-22-2010, 10:35 PM
The big thing about escargot is to eat it slow.

Sure enough. Those suckers are small. I eat raw oysters the same way slow and easy.

patriot45
02-22-2010, 10:39 PM
Sure enough. Those suckers are small. I eat raw oysters the same way slow and easy.

Wow I've been doing it wrong all this time! I could probably win an oyster eating contest! I can suck them down pretty fast! Can't do it in a bar or restaraunt they take too long to bring them to you! Just go to the fish house and get a 60 pound canvas sack of them and throw about 30 or so on the grill and while thats happening start shucking and slurping, 10 minutes later hit the ones on the grill and repeat untill sick! :D

Bubba Dawg
02-22-2010, 10:41 PM
Wow I've been doing it wrong all this time! I could probably win an oyster eating contest! I can suck them down pretty fast! Can't do it in a bar or restaraunt they take too long to bring them to you! Just go to the fish house and get a 60 pound canvas sack of them and throw about 30 or so on the grill and while thats happening start shucking and slurping, 10 minutes later hit the ones on the grill and repeat untill sick! :D

Speed Daemon....

megimoo
02-22-2010, 10:55 PM
Wow I've been doing it wrong all this time! I could probably win an oyster eating contest! I can suck them down pretty fast! Can't do it in a bar or restaraunt they take too long to bring them to you! Just go to the fish house and get a 60 pound canvas sack of them and throw about 30 or so on the grill and while thats happening start shucking and slurping, 10 minutes later hit the ones on the grill and repeat untill sick! :DCan you immagine upchucking a bunch of raw oysters and having some of them going out through your nose ?

patriot45
02-22-2010, 10:57 PM
Can you immagine upchucking a bunch of raw oysters and having some of them going out through your nose ?

No! Did you actually imagine that ! eewww! But if you drink enuf beer with them they do tend to have the consistency of concrete the next day! :eek::D

Rockntractor
02-22-2010, 11:38 PM
No! Did you actually imagine that ! eewww! But if you drink enuf beer with them they do tend to have the consistency of concrete the next day! :eek::D
Smells like cat shit too!:eek:

lacarnut
02-22-2010, 11:53 PM

I have seen may people suck em down but I always liked to chew mine up. Kinda enriches the taste for me. The first raw oyster I ever ate was a rotten one. Surprised that I ever tried one again.

Rockntractor
02-22-2010, 11:56 PM
I have seen may people suck em down but I always liked to chew mine up. Kinda enriches the taste for me. The first raw oyster I ever ate was a rotten one. Surprised that I ever tried one again.

Since I quit drinking I like them deep fried, wrapped in bacon.

megimoo
02-23-2010, 09:04 AM
Since I quit drinking I like them deep fried, wrapped in bacon.Angels on horseback ?

megimoo
02-23-2010, 09:27 AM
Wow I've been doing it wrong all this time! I could probably win an oyster eating contest! I can suck them down pretty fast! Can't do it in a bar or restaraunt they take too long to bring them to you! Just go to the fish house and get a 60 pound canvas sack of them and throw about 30 or so on the grill and while thats happening start shucking and slurping, 10 minutes later hit the ones on the grill and repeat untill sick! :DNext time you grill a steak try cutting deep slits in the sides and all around and stuff them full of raw oysters close with tooth picks then broil it.The flavor of the oysters permeate the meat,yum.Grilled over mesquite wood with au gratin potatoes and Grilled Asparagus and a bunch of cold Anchor Steam Beer .