PDA

View Full Version : Woot! Dream gets that much closer!

Speedy
02-19-2010, 05:49 PM
My publisher sent me some stuff to approve since they are going to release my book. About the author blurb, cover art and author photo.

This is the author photo:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/speed_addiction/PHOTO72.jpg

This is the cover:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/speed_addiction/2010-02-17_135115.jpg

Articulate_Ape
02-19-2010, 05:56 PM
Kudos!

Constitutionally Speaking
02-19-2010, 06:31 PM
Hope it goes well for you. Any news on a release date??? Brief synopsis???

Speedy
02-19-2010, 07:13 PM
Hope it goes well for you. Any news on a release date??? Brief synopsis???

The closest thing to a release date they have given me is late May/early June. They also wanted me to approve the author bio blurb and I was struck that it ended with this The author resides in Texas with his two hunting dogs where he is working on a second novel.

What is it about? A guy on parole is hired by his ex-wife to help her run a motorcycle shop after the guy she left him for is killed in an auto accident. Turns out the late husband was in with some drug dealers and had ripped them off, his death was no accident. The dealers show up demanding the drugs stolen by the late husband. This seems like an easy thing once the parolee finds the drugs, but the DEA shows up. The late husband was informing on the drug dealers. A whole lotta of drugs, a whole lotta money, a whole lotta violence, plus a badger with a troubled past and nothing left to lose, an elephant who never forgets -- to kill! And a seldom-used crab named Lucky, a.k.a. Citizen Snips. :D

Bubba Dawg
02-19-2010, 08:40 PM
Well Done. Congrats. I look forward to reading it.

SarasotaRepub
02-19-2010, 08:55 PM
Congrats Speed.

Gingersnap
02-19-2010, 10:37 PM
You will, of course, publish a selection from the first chapter here on CU for your fans, right? Just a taste. :D

Kay
02-19-2010, 10:59 PM
I am so impressed! Congratulations Speedy.

I have to say that you are a very handsome man!
You remind me of a young Travis Tritt.

stsinner
02-20-2010, 12:00 AM
Congrats, man! That's awesome! I've always wanted to write a book, but I don't know how the hell you keep the characters straight.. A whiteboard with plot line and character quirks, etc...?

Speedy
02-20-2010, 12:34 AM
Congrats, man! That's awesome! I've always wanted to write a book, but I don't know how the hell you keep the characters straight.. A whiteboard with plot line and character quirks, etc...?

You may think I am kidding, but I use a spread sheet. I try to make my characters as real as possible so I give them quirks and habits. Sometimes I catch myself giving a quirk to the wrong character. Another thing I do is I start a scene then I play the scene out in my head, like a movie. I even give it a sound track with music and then try to put it to paper (screen) how I played it out.

bijou
02-20-2010, 06:55 AM
Well done, looking forward to reading more of it. :)

RobJohnson
02-21-2010, 09:40 PM
Did you mention us in the book?

:)

What chapter is about Bubba?

patriot45
02-21-2010, 09:45 PM
Did you mention us in the book?

:)

What chapter is about Bubba?

Bubba made it out of chapter one! I don't believe it!
Way to go Speed!