PDA

View Full Version : Back to BBQ

patriot45
06-03-2008, 10:01 PM
I'm convinced this is the way to go, I know the purists out there will disagree, but how can you go wrong with this!
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/patriot45270/pelletsmoker.jpg

Load it, program it, and come back later!! I want one.

Traeger BBQ Texas-style Pellet Grill and Smoker
Introduced in 1992, this grill has become Traeger's most popular model
Designed after the traditional Texas-style wood cookers
Smoker combines old fashioned wood cooking with 21st century technology
As seen on The History Channel's BBQ tech episode of Modern Marvels
High-tech auger-fed burner
Electronic automatic start
Solid state control system and EZ drain grease system
Unit automatically augers wood pellets to accurately provide three different cooking temperatures: smoke, medium and high
Grill measures 49 inches high x 59 inches wide x 22 inches deep :D

And notice the little umbrella on top of the smoke stack!

gator
06-03-2008, 10:06 PM
I'm convinced this is the way to go, I know the purists out there will disagree, but how can you go wrong with this!

:D

Now you are starting to get it.

For a yankee boy you learn good.

megimoo
06-03-2008, 10:16 PM

And notice the little umbrella on top of the smoke stack!That little umbrella makes it look like it was made in Japan .Where are the front wheels ,BTW how much does it cost ?

patriot45
06-03-2008, 10:21 PM
Now you are starting to get it.

For a yankee boy you learn good.

Gator, you really have no clue about me and cooking! I am going to try a recipe I saw today about cooking on my car engine!! Its from a cookbook called " Manifold Destiny"

patriot45
06-03-2008, 10:23 PM
That little umbrella makes it look like it was made in Japan .Where are the front wheels ,BTW how much does it cost ?

For this one:

Traeger BBQ Texas-style Pellet Grill and Smoker
Introduced in 1992, this grill has become Traeger's most popular modelDesigned after the traditional Texas-style wood cookersSmoker combines old fashioned wood cooking with 2...
+ Add to Shopping List | More Like This See More Results...

From Overstock.com (3)
Find Other Barbecues and Grills...

Like this One
From Overstock.com
In this Price Range (around $1,200)
With Tools and Accessories: Grills
With Grill Type: Smokers
In stock at
Overstock.com
Trusted Seller
88 Seller Reviews $1,199.99 Go to Store

Phillygirl
06-03-2008, 10:24 PM
Gator, you really have no clue about me and cooking! I am going to try a recipe I saw today about cooking on my car engine!! Its from a cookbook called " Manifold Destiny"

I think Shannon has that.

patriot45
06-03-2008, 10:25 PM

LOL!! Good one!

gator
06-03-2008, 10:27 PM

You are right. If you are cooking with your car engine then I have no clue. God Bless you.

Shannon
06-03-2008, 10:28 PM

Bitch.

Phillygirl
06-03-2008, 10:28 PM
You are right. If you are cooking with your car engine then I have no clue. God Bless you.

I imagine that method would make grits taste better...god knows it couldn't make them taste any worse.

Shannon
06-03-2008, 10:31 PM
I imagine that method would make grits taste better...god knows it couldn't make them taste any worse.

I am not a fan of grits.(I hear my daddy yelling at me) But have you ever tried them?

patriot45
06-03-2008, 10:33 PM

Hey if I remember right , the recipe was for Possum on the half shell!

Phillygirl
06-03-2008, 10:33 PM
I am not a fan of grits.(I hear my daddy yelling at me) But have you ever tried them?

I have. I'm pretty good about trying local foods (heck, I ate some kind of food on a stick from a street vendor in Olongopo!). Grits are incredibly bland and I hate the texture. I'm not a big fan of polenta either.

patriot45
06-03-2008, 10:36 PM
[QUOTE=Shannon;2816]I am not a fan of grits.(I hear my daddy yelling at me) But have you ever tried them?[/QUOT

Wow, that is one food they did not have in N.Y.
Grits go with everything!!

Gingersnap
06-03-2008, 10:37 PM

We don't have the little umbrella but we have the smoker/grill. You will love it. It takes tending but you can't actually BBQ anything in under 6 hours anyway.

patriot45
06-03-2008, 10:37 PM
I have. I'm pretty good about trying local foods (heck, I ate some kind of food on a stick from a street vendor in Olongopo!). Grits are incredibly bland and I hate the texture. I'm not a big fan of polenta either.

Man, I miss the recipe forum, I had a cheesy grits and shrimp recipe on there that was killer!

patriot45
06-03-2008, 10:40 PM
We don't have the little umbrella but we have the smoker/grill. You will love it. It takes tending but you can't actually BBQ anything in under 6 hours anyway.

Supposedly there is an auger delivery sustem that delivers the fuel at intervals to keep the smoke and heat to an exact level, not much tending!

Jumpy
06-03-2008, 10:45 PM

And notice the little umbrella on top of the smoke stack! I had one just like that for about 2 years. It was given to me. I googled all of the recipes, and hung out at the bbq forums. I researched it to death. I ruined (creosote/flame = very very bitter flavor) lots of chicken.. folks raved about my salmon, and pork, but I was never happy with any of it. I fussed over it all too much. I ended up putting the smoker out front with a "FREE" sign on it. I hope the next person was better than I was at smoking.

patriot45
06-03-2008, 10:50 PM
I had one just like that for about 2 years. It was given to me. I googled all of the recipes, and hung out at the bbq forums. I researched it to death. I ruined (creosote/flame = very very bitter flavor) lots of chicken.. folks raved about my salmon, and pork, but I was never happy with any of it. I fussed over it all too much. I ended up putting the smoker out front with a "FREE" sign on it. I hope the next person was better than I was at smoking.

Whoa, that is an expensive gift! This bugger goes for 1200 bucs!!

Gingersnap
06-03-2008, 11:20 PM
I had one just like that for about 2 years. It was given to me. I googled all of the recipes, and hung out at the bbq forums. I researched it to death. I ruined (creosote/flame = very very bitter flavor) lots of chicken.. folks raved about my salmon, and pork, but I was never happy with any of it. I fussed over it all too much. I ended up putting the smoker out front with a "FREE" sign on it. I hope the next person was better than I was at smoking.

You don't do chicken on that set-up; you grill chicken. Grills are totally different. You can plank salmon on one but why, really when other, better formats are offered? Ribs, brisket, tri-tips, etc., are what you do on that. Not clucks.

patriot45
06-03-2008, 11:23 PM
You don't do chicken on that set-up; you grill chicken. Grills are totally different. You can plank salmon on one but why, really when other, better formats are offered? Ribs, brisket, tri-tips, etc., are what you do on that. Not clucks.

Exactly! I think the mantra goes; Slow and low!

DarkScribe
06-04-2008, 08:03 AM
Man, I miss the recipe forum, I had a cheesy grits and shrimp recipe on there that was killer!

Yummy stuff....love grits, especially cheese grits...I can only imagine how good that would be with shrimp in it...

DarkScribe
06-04-2008, 08:04 AM

Philly...that was uncalled for, really...