PDA

View Full Version : 24!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SarasotaRepub
02-22-2010, 09:50 PM
We are NOT watching it!!!:eek:

But the DVR is recording it!!:D

djones520
02-22-2010, 09:51 PM
I use the DVR to record Pawn Stars, and Man Vs. Wild. Not much else.

SaintLouieWoman
02-22-2010, 09:55 PM
I use the DVR to record Pawn Stars, and Man Vs. Wild. Not much else.

We've gotten hooked on Pawn Stars, too.

Rockntractor
02-22-2010, 09:58 PM

You have to wait till it is about half way through and then you can fast forward through all the commercials!

djones520
02-22-2010, 10:17 PM
We've gotten hooked on Pawn Stars, too.

I'm starting to find it a bit repititious. It seems everytime they break for a commercial and they alude to an item being a fraud, it's really authentic. There is always 1 deal that can't be made. And they always seem to find something to fight about.

Moon
02-23-2010, 08:32 AM

I believe not watching 24 on its scheduled night is a violation of the 24 Junkies Terms of Service. I'm going to have to tell Jack. He will not be pleased.

Kay
02-23-2010, 08:41 AM
I can't stand that blonde girl "jenny". I'm very disappointed in Cole. When he found out what she'd done and how she had lied to him about who she was, he should have arrested her and the two convicts. I wanted to see her go down in flames.

Moon
02-23-2010, 08:53 AM
I can't stand that blonde girl "jenny". I'm very disappointed in Cole. When he found out what she'd done and how she had lied to him about who she was, he should have arrested her and the two convicts. I wanted to see her go down in flames.

You don't like Starbuck??? :eek:

Kay
02-23-2010, 08:55 AM
You don't like Starbuck??? :eek:

Who is Starbuck? :confused:

Moon
02-23-2010, 08:57 AM
Who is Starbuck? :confused:

The blonde, Katee Sackhoff, played Starbuck in Battlestar Galactica. And Vladimir, the guy Renee Walker stabbed 15 times? He was a Cylon.

Fun TV trivia brought to you by Moon!

SaintLouieWoman
02-23-2010, 09:02 AM
The blonde, Katee Sackhoff, played Starbuck in Battlestar Galactica. And Vladimir, the guy Renee Walker stabbed 15 times? He was a Cylon.

Hey Moon, greyt to see your expertise on all things 24!

It's just way too unrealistic that the blonde wouldn't have been more properly vetted. How could someone get a job there with a criminal past? That doesn't happen, unless it's the Obama administration. :D

Moon
02-23-2010, 09:16 AM
Hey Moon, greyt to see your expertise on all things 24!

It's just way too unrealistic that the blonde wouldn't have been more properly vetted. How could someone get a job there with a criminal past? That doesn't happen, unless it's the Obama administration. :D

Yeah, but it's a TV show, so what ya gonna do?

Heck, she probably hadn't paid taxes under her new name for several years, so she was either a perfect fit for CTU, or possibly as a cabinet secretary. :D

Kay
02-23-2010, 09:16 AM
Ah, thanks for the info. I never watched Battlestar Galactica.

Agree with you SLW, how did she manage to cover up her past enough to work at CTU in the first place?

I'm a die-hard 24 fan, but this season is has not been my favorite so far. However, one of the best sceens so far in the whole series is when Renee stabbed Jack and he fell out on the floor, but then a bad guy came in the room so he flew into action and whipped the knife out his stomach and flung it across the room into the bad guys throat! I had to rewind and watch that two or three times. :cool:

Moon
02-23-2010, 09:18 AM
Ah, thanks for the info. I never watched Battlestar Galactica.

:eek:

Agree with you SLW, how did she manage to cover up her past enough to work at CTU in the first place?

I'm a die-hard 24 fan, but this season is has not been my favorite so far. However, one of the best sceens so far in the whole series is when Renee stabbed Jack and he fell out on the floor, but then a bad guy came in the room so he flew into action and whipped the knife out his stomach and flung it across the room into the bad guys throat! I had to rewind and watch that two or three times. :cool:

Yeah, that one was classic!

ralph wiggum
02-23-2010, 10:15 AM
I believe not watching 24 on its scheduled night is a violation of the 24 Junkies Terms of Service. I'm going to have to tell Jack. He will not be pleased.

I wholeheartedly disagree, Moon.

I watched the two-hour season premiere a few days after it debuted, thanks to the trusty DVR. Then I just didn't get around to watching any of the subsequent episodes until this weekend. I had a 6 episode marathon, which made watching just one hour last night very disappointing. I'd rather save a bunch of them up and watch them back to back.

Gingersnap
02-23-2010, 10:41 AM
What did the blonde do to get a felony? Did I miss that part? Also, is Jack getting all hot and heavy with Renee? Or is she just a good friend? :confused:

ralph wiggum
02-23-2010, 11:29 AM
What did the blonde do to get a felony? Did I miss that part? Also, is Jack getting all hot and heavy with Renee? Or is she just a good friend? :confused:

Grand theft auto & robbery, IIRC. But she was a minor while the doofus was of age.

NJCardFan
02-23-2010, 11:34 AM

There will be and always has been only 1 Starbuck:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_VQgXnV0rB5A/SahOxdyelQI/AAAAAAAAAKg/hrlby8DhNPQ/s400/Starbuck.jpg

PCing up Battlestar Galactica ruins it.

Speedy
02-23-2010, 02:04 PM
There will be and always has been only 1 Starbuck:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_VQgXnV0rB5A/SahOxdyelQI/AAAAAAAAAKg/hrlby8DhNPQ/s400/Starbuck.jpg

That Starbuck would get his ass kicked by the the female Starbuck every day of the week.

hampshirebrit
02-23-2010, 03:35 PM
That Starbuck would get his ass kicked by the the female Starbuck every day of the week.

Damn right.

And I am holding off on 24/8 until the season finale, then I'll do the whole thing over a weekend. It's actually 18 and a bit hours without the commercials. Jack has to take a piss now and then, I guess.

Speedy
02-23-2010, 03:49 PM

The re-imagined BSG was far from PC. It did not hesitate to tackle issues of religion and faith. Enemies were tortured or waterboarded and then fired out an airlock without trial. Abortion was illegal in the BSG universe. All slaps in the face of PC.

SarasotaRepub
02-23-2010, 07:45 PM
The stars have aligned!!! Moon has returned!!! :D

Rockntractor
02-23-2010, 07:49 PM
The stars have aligned!!! Moon has returned!!! :D

Well are you liking the DVR?

JB
02-23-2010, 07:55 PM
Did Chloe die?

Rockntractor
02-23-2010, 07:57 PM
Did Chloe die?

My wife likes her, she can't die.

Shannon
02-23-2010, 07:58 PM
My wife likes her, she can't die.

Everybody likes Chloe. JB doesn't count.

ralph wiggum
02-23-2010, 08:04 PM
Everybody likes Chloe. JB doesn't count.

She is quite annoying at times. That damn smirk.

Shannon
02-23-2010, 08:10 PM
She is quite annoying at times. That damn smirk.

You don't count either.

JB
02-23-2010, 08:14 PM
Everybody likes Chloe. JB doesn't count.Stepping down my loathe ladder it's Chloe, being kicked in the nuts, then you.

Shannon
02-23-2010, 08:20 PM
Stepping down my loathe ladder it's Chloe, being kicked in the nuts, then you.

You could probably just combine #2 and #3.

SarasotaRepub
02-23-2010, 08:22 PM
Well are you liking the DVR?

Don't know yet, still haven't watched it. :(:D

JB
02-23-2010, 08:34 PM
Don't know yet, still haven't watched it. :(:D...which is code for "I can't figure this thing out".

SarasotaRepub
02-23-2010, 08:59 PM
...which is code for "I can't figure this thing out".

LOL!!! :D

Nah, we've got 24 recorded, just need to pic a night to watch it. It isn't hard to figure out but I still want the printed manual. SLW finally got the Charter people to mail one to us.

Kay
02-24-2010, 12:10 AM

Grand theft auto & robbery, IIRC. But she was a minor while the doofus was of age.

Wasn't it also that a person was killed too during the robbery, but since she was a minor she got off easy while the guy went to prison for murder/manslaughter (or did I dream that?).

I agree the best way to watch is to wait till the end and then watch the whole season in one setting over a long weekend. I watched the first few seasons that way. The one hour a week lets the excitement dissipate too much in between episodes.

I miss Tony.

Moon
02-24-2010, 12:32 AM
I wholeheartedly disagree, Moon.

I watched the two-hour season premiere a few days after it debuted, thanks to the trusty DVR. Then I just didn't get around to watching any of the subsequent episodes until this weekend. I had a 6 episode marathon, which made watching just one hour last night very disappointing. I'd rather save a bunch of them up and watch them back to back.

It's obvious that you are beneath Jack's notice. You should consider yourself to be fortunate. Very fortunate.

AlmostThere
02-24-2010, 01:41 AM
You have to wait till it is about half way through and then you can fast forward through all the commercials!

There were 3 to 4 minutes of commercials every 8 to 9 minutes. Totally disrupted the flow of the program. :mad:

ralph wiggum
02-24-2010, 10:14 AM
There were 3 to 4 minutes of commercials every 8 to 9 minutes. Totally disrupted the flow of the program. :mad:

That's why a DVR is a godsend. :cool:

TandT
02-24-2010, 11:41 AM
That's why a DVR is a godsend. :cool:

AMEN ... love mine and bought a 1TB (or is it 500GB - can't remember) extension for the DVR .. works like a champ .. can record 60 one hour shows in HD or 100 one hour shows in SD ...