PDA

View Full Version : Researcher: Curvy Women Like a Drug to Men's Brains

megimoo
02-24-2010, 01:01 PM
"If This Is True Why Aren't Those Big Mumu Dancing Woman More In Demand ? ":D

But there's a little more to it, according to a Gwinnett County professor. Women with curvy hips and smaller waists are to men as beer is to an alcoholic, according to Steven Platek of Georgia Gwinnett College."The Caucasian, westernized female has somehow been duped into thinking men like very skinny, waify, Kate Moss-type girls," Platek told the AJC on Tuesday.

But it's not true, according to Platek's research, published in an online science journal. Curvy women really do affect men's brains, Platek said. The amount of body fat may not even matter.Men like curvaceous woman. No news there, right?

In particular, having a high waist-to-hip size ratio really gets men going, he says. Those wider hips are generally indicative of better overall physical health, and the ability to carry healthy babies.
Platek says his research will be useful in further understanding disorders such as sexual addictions.
"This research really explains things like sexual harassment and whistling at the hot girl in the street," he said.

SNIP

For the study, 14 men with the average age of 25 looked at "before" and "after" pictures of nude women who had plastic surgery to get more shapely behinds. Platek says it wasn't hard to find men to help with the study.

The women having surgery did not reduce their weight, but just had it redistributed, Platek said. All of the woman agreed to be photographed."They had to make some of the women fatter," Platek said.

While the men in the study looked at the pictures of the women, their brain patterns were scanned, he said. Seeing the post-operative photos of the women resulted in increased activity in the part of the brain associated with rewards, Platek said.
SNIP

"Curviness is a trump card," Platek said. "Itís worth itís weight in reproductive gold."

http://www.ajc.com/news/gwinnett/researcher-curvy-women-like-324813.html

nightflight
02-24-2010, 02:22 PM
In particular, having a high waist-to-hip size ratio really gets men going, he says.

This is true!

Bubba Dawg
02-24-2010, 08:12 PM
Da Butt. Of course. :)

Rockntractor
02-24-2010, 08:32 PM
I wonder how much they spent on this study? Why don't they just ask me, I'd tell them?:rolleyes:

Bubba Dawg
02-24-2010, 08:40 PM
I took part in a study once where the researcher could track your eyes and see exactly what you looked at in an advertising photo and how long you looked at each part of the image.

It was a truck ad and also had a shapely girl in a bikini in the picture. I mostly looked at the girl in the bikini and later was unable to say what the manufacturer of the truck was.

megimoo
02-24-2010, 08:49 PM
I took part in a study once where the researcher could track your eyes and see exactly what you looked at in an advertising photo and how long you looked at each part of the image.

It was a truck ad and also had a shapely girl in a bikini in the picture. I mostly looked at the girl in the bikini and later was unable to say what the manufacturer of the truck was.They shuda had one of those see through bras with brass and tassels trucker cutouts like those on the big rigs mud flaps .

megimoo
02-24-2010, 09:39 PM
Da Butt. Of course. :)It's not just the 'butt' but the ratio and the curves from the waist to the curve of the leg.Woman with a wasp like waist seem somehow unnatural but a woman with a deep curve from under the arm and pronounced breast to the waist curve is appealing to most men.

Bubba Dawg
02-24-2010, 09:41 PM
It's not just the 'butt' but the ratio and the curves from the waist to the curve of the leg.Woman with a wasp like waist seem somehow unnatural but a woman with a deep curve from under the arm and pronounced breast to the waist curve is appealing to most men.

A hunka hunka burnin' love.......

linda22003
02-25-2010, 09:04 AM
Why do they keep spending money on studies that just make you go "Duh"? When we were in Paris last week we went to an exhibit of Elliott Erwitt's photographs. I can't find this one on a Google image search, or I'd post it. A museum had hung the two versions of Goya's "Maya" side by side - one dressed, one nude. The dressed version has one woman standing in front of it, looking at it. Right next to it, the nude version has about ten men looking at it.

http://www.windoweb.it/guida/arte/arte_foto/francisco_goya_maya1.jpg

http://213.23.136.106/bilder/jpg/257.jpg