PDA

View Full Version : “I’m Live-Tweeting My Abortion”

bijou
02-24-2010, 03:16 PM
“I’m doing this to de-mystify abortion,” she says. “I’m doing this so other women know, ‘Hey, it’s not nearly as terrifying as I had myself worked up thinking it was.’ It’s just not that bad.”

These are the words of Angie Jackson, a blogger and mother of a 4-year-old son. Her IUD birth control failed; she is four weeks pregnant and writing about her abortion on YouTube, her personal blog, and on Twitter under the hashtag #livetweetingabortion.

Last Thursday, Jackson visited a Planned Parenthood where her doctor gave her the first dose of RU-486, the abortion pill. (Note: The abortion pill is not the same as the morning-after pill.) She had to take four more pills — swallowing two and letting two others dissolve in her mouth—on Friday and Saturday.

She hasn’t taken to her various media platforms to show the graphic parts of her abortion. Instead, Jackson is chronicling how her abortion feels physically and emotionally — as she puts it on YouTube, “It’s just not that bad.” It’s almost like guerilla sex ed. ...

link (http://www.thefrisky.com/post/246-im-live-tweeting-my-abortion-on-twitter/)

CaughtintheMiddle1990
02-24-2010, 03:18 PM
Even as someone who is pro-choice that is just disgusting.
If someone made a video of an abortion for EDUCATIONAL purposes, similar to the way videos of heart surgery or brain surgery are filmed for educational purposes (Or hell even the videos of human body decomposition the Body Farm makes for educational purposes) fine, but she seems to be doing it just for attention or entertainment and that is just fucking sick.

linda22003
02-24-2010, 03:28 PM
For some reason I was picturing a surgical abortion. Who would tweet about taking a few pills? I don't understand why anyone would tweet at all, so the category isn't really the issue.

Gingersnap
02-24-2010, 04:39 PM
As the article points out, this hardly ground-breaking territory in personal disclosure. Women have been filming, taping, and otherwise recording everything from conception through surgical birth - including abortion. These same women have filled terabytes with their electronic musings on the meaning of all these things. She's just the latest in the long, long line of empty-headed attention whores. :rolleyes:

OrganizedRadical
02-24-2010, 04:43 PM
I wish someone had aborted all of you.

Gingersnap
02-24-2010, 04:47 PM

Take your issues to the Dome.

BadCat
02-24-2010, 04:48 PM

You're going to have a lot of fun here.

Bongo55
02-24-2010, 08:16 PM

Loser libs are just sooo darn cute when they are batshit crazy!

Your going to have to do allot better than that, But keep trying, remember even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Gingersnap
02-24-2010, 09:35 PM
Let's get back on track with the attention whore - I mean the one who hasn't joined CU in the past 24 hours. ;)

SarasotaRepub
02-24-2010, 09:39 PM
I wonder what this dipshits DU name is.

The Tweeter...not the new dipshit. ;):D

Constitutionally Speaking
02-24-2010, 09:52 PM
I wonder what this dipshits DU name is.

The Tweeter...not the new dipshit. ;):D

I'd like to know BOTH of their DU names.

Zathras
02-25-2010, 02:46 AM

Son, the best part of you ended up on the sheets.

NJCardFan
02-25-2010, 06:37 AM
Take your issues to the Dome.

Don't you mean DUmp. But again, acting like children. Isn't that rule #1 in the liberal playbook?

noonwitch
02-25-2010, 09:01 AM
Even as someone who is pro-choice that is just disgusting.
If someone made a video of an abortion for EDUCATIONAL purposes, similar to the way videos of heart surgery or brain surgery are filmed for educational purposes (Or hell even the videos of human body decomposition the Body Farm makes for educational purposes) fine, but she seems to be doing it just for attention or entertainment and that is just fucking sick.

She's the pro-choice side's version of the guy who tried to hand President Clinton the aborted fetus in the jar.

AmPat
02-25-2010, 11:22 AM
I smell bad breath and feces, is there another Troll in the house?:rolleyes:

stsinner
02-25-2010, 11:57 AM
Of all the stupid ideas.. This is something that should be super-personal.. If those around her ever wondered if she was insane, I guess they now have their answer..

wilbur
02-25-2010, 12:26 PM
I applaud this girl, actually - There is a lot of nasty FUD spreading (Fear, uncertainty, doubt) from the ever classy pro-life movement against abortion procedures... pro-life wants us to believe its all blood'n'guts and sharp implements hacking infants to pieces.

So if she succeeds in getting some real honest info out there, then good for her.

AmPat
02-25-2010, 01:00 PM
I applaud this girl, actually - There is a lot of nasty FUD spreading (Fear, uncertainty, doubt) from the ever classy pro-life movement against abortion procedures... pro-life wants us to believe is all blood'n'guts and sharp implements hacking infants to pieces.

So if she succeeds in getting some real honest info out there, then good for her.

So I guess DEATH of the baby isn't enough for you to object to?:rolleyes:

wilbur
02-25-2010, 01:08 PM
So I guess DEATH of the baby isn't enough for you to object to?:rolleyes:

Killing babies, and having abortions are not the same thing.

Gingersnap
02-25-2010, 01:28 PM
I applaud this girl, actually - There is a lot of nasty FUD spreading (Fear, uncertainty, doubt) from the ever classy pro-life movement against abortion procedures... pro-life wants us to believe its all blood'n'guts and sharp implements hacking infants to pieces.

She's not a girl, she's an adult woman. She's not educating anybody - all women, regardless of their personal position on abortion, are well aware of the physical consequences of miscarriage and abortion.

Do you seriously believe that somewhere there's a clutch of American women who aren't getting pharmaceutical abortions because they're just so darned scared of cramps and spotting that they'd rather go through vaginal childbirth to avoid that?

Seriously?

Jfor
02-25-2010, 01:34 PM

They are exactly the same thing.

wilbur
02-25-2010, 01:40 PM
She's not a girl, she's an adult woman. She's not educating anybody - all women, regardless of their personal position on abortion, are well aware of the physical consequences of miscarriage and abortion.

Do you seriously believe that somewhere there's a clutch of American women who aren't getting pharmaceutical abortions because they're just so darned scared of cramps and spotting that they'd rather go through vaginal childbirth to avoid that?

Seriously?

Based on my conversations with a decent number of people - yes.

Gingersnap
02-25-2010, 02:05 PM
Based on my conversations with a decent number of people - yes.

Really? I find that absolutely incredible. You must interact with a truly frightening number of illiterate, uneducated, and irrational women.

I've talked with hundreds of women who gave birth and not one of them did so because she feared the physical consequences of aborting. With an abortion, a woman has a pelvic exam, a D&C (or drugs), and a follow-up pelvic exam some time later.

With childbirth, a woman has multiple pelvic exams over the course of 10 months, many of which are cheerily attended by complete strangers. She usually vomits unpredictably for several weeks or 9 months, depending. Her skin rips from the inside across her abdomen and breasts. Total strangers rub her body and ask revealing gynecological questions. Sex may be physically uncomfortable or psychologically repugnant. And this is the good part.

After she's recovered from pushing something the size of a large grapefruit through an organ that normally could not comfortably accommodate a large banana (in front of an enthusiastic audience, no less), she can look forward to months of sleep deprivation, erratic bladder issues, and cracked nipples.

Women know all this. They don't have babies to avoid physical discomfort. That would be insane.

AmPat
02-25-2010, 09:08 PM

What exactly was she expecting then, a hamps:rolleyes:ter?

wilbur
02-25-2010, 10:02 PM
Really? I find that absolutely incredible. You must interact with a truly frightening number of illiterate, uneducated, and irrational women.

I've talked with hundreds of women who gave birth and not one of them did so because she feared the physical consequences of aborting. With an abortion, a woman has a pelvic exam, a D&C (or drugs), and a follow-up pelvic exam some time later.

With childbirth, a woman has multiple pelvic exams over the course of 10 months, many of which are cheerily attended by complete strangers. She usually vomits unpredictably for several weeks or 9 months, depending. Her skin rips from the inside across her abdomen and breasts. Total strangers rub her body and ask revealing gynecological questions. Sex may be physically uncomfortable or psychologically repugnant. And this is the good part.

After she's recovered from pushing something the size of a large grapefruit through an organ that normally could not comfortably accommodate a large banana (in front of an enthusiastic audience, no less), she can look forward to months of sleep deprivation, erratic bladder issues, and cracked nipples.

Women know all this. They don't have babies to avoid physical discomfort. That would be insane.

Its not just fear of medical complications that I'm speaking of here - thats one small aspect. I am speaking of the the videos of "silent screams", the gruesome pictures, the stories of the untold horrors a fetus will experience, all the psychological warfare , making doctors into villains, stories of abortion clinics as concentration camps , and the all around ignorance that surrounds abortion, and the nature of the experience - all too enthusiastically created, and spread by pro-life.

Gingersnap
02-25-2010, 10:37 PM
Its not just fear of medical complications that I'm speaking of here - thats one small aspect. I am speaking of the the videos of "silent screams", the gruesome pictures, the stories of the untold horrors a fetus will experience, all the psychological warfare , making doctors into villains, stories of abortion clinics as concentration camps , and the all around ignorance that surrounds abortion, and the nature of the experience - all too enthusiastically created, and spread by pro-life.

Then we agree: women don't fear the physical effects of abortions. Neither do ordinary, secular women fear the emotional effects of this decision. At least, in my experience, they don't undergo any significantly traumatic experience at the moment. Generally, if that happens, it happens subsequent to the the birth of a live child.

In my experience, talking with women who have had abortions years or even decades past, they describe their experience as something awful (now) but thoughtless in many ways (then). Women who actually create the entire physical form of children from their own bodies and give birth are different women from their non-reproductive past selves.

Either way, none of the women I've spoken to who have aborted have had any interaction with the religious right or religion at all. They never frame their experience in terms of politics. That might have been true 30 years ago but not today.

This woman isn't "educating" anybody about physical issues (the main point of the tweets) or about the emotional issues (secular women who have no problem with abortion don't have immediate emotional reactions to abortion). So that leaves the religious women who fear abortion for its spiritual implications.

Actual religious women are secure in their choices whether that involves abortion, adoption, or mothering. So now we are talking about cultural Christians and Jews. It's unlikely that the number of caring and emotionally vulnerable cultrual Christian and Jews are above a few hundred thousand, if that.

This is a non-issue in terms of "education" but a total attention whore opportunity.