PDA

View Full Version : Kali Curbs Cussing.

Gingersnap
02-25-2010, 05:30 PM
Feb 25, 2010 1:09 pm US/Pacific

California Assembly Says 'Yes' To No Cussing

The state Assembly passed a resolution Thursday that would establish the first week of March as "Cuss Free Week" throughout the state. If approved by the Senate next week, the measure would take effect immediately.

The resolution includes no enforcement mechanism and is simply meant to promote greater harmony and connectedness, said Assemblyman Anthony Portantino, a Democrat from La Canada Flintridge and co-author of the measure.

"I've always wondered why we behave differently when grandma is watching than when we're on our own," said Portantino, who owned up to his share of four-letter words.

Portantino said the California Legislature -- known for imposing strict clean air and clean water laws -- is the first state legislative body in the nation to consider a statewide profanity-free week.

Interesting. Pointless but interesting. Mr. Snaps and I are not big time cussing fans. Obviously, standard English doesn't always convey the exact tone required when I drop a can of beans on my foot but outside of that kind of thing, I'm not very in to it.

CBS 13 (http://cbs13.com/politics/no.cussing.week.2.1519540.html)

FlaGator
02-25-2010, 05:36 PM
They've got to be f**king crazy.

Gingersnap
02-25-2010, 08:25 PM
We can't even get a f*cking discussion going about vulgarity?

*shakes head*

Rockntractor
02-25-2010, 08:31 PM
Bull trap!

FlaGator
02-25-2010, 08:53 PM
We can't even get a f*cking discussion going about vulgarity?

*shakes head*

You didn't mention God...

Bubba Dawg
02-25-2010, 09:03 PM
Dawg Jim It.

Nobody does Cowboy Cussin' anymore.....:(

Gingersnap
02-25-2010, 09:04 PM
You didn't mention God...

Well, that whole religious thing forbids me from linking God and gutter language but..........

OMG! I'm a fundy! :eek:

:D