PDA

View Full Version : Sorry Dude!

Speedy
02-25-2010, 11:35 PM
I went to prison because I was dealing drugs. I was busted and a month later, my brother in law was busted. On my birthday. I was given a life sentence, he was given 37 months. He was my partner 50/50 right down the line. I took the whole hit, he was sentences as a flunky. At the end of his sentence he was deported to Mexico.

He started dealing again down there. He got in with the Zetas. Today I get a call from the ex-wife (his sister), he was kidnapped this morning. She said that half a dozen armed and masked guys came through the front door of his house and they dragged him out. No one in his family has been contacted yet. Things aren't looking good though. And I am not getting involved.

Gingersnap
02-25-2010, 11:49 PM
I feel conflicted. This is obviously Breaking News for CU yet not quite Fox-ready. It's too important for the Whiney Zone. Too scary for the Lounge.

GD is a good choice.

Why was your brother deported?

Speedy
02-25-2010, 11:57 PM
I feel conflicted. This is obviously Breaking News for CU yet not quite Fox-ready. It's too important for the Whiney Zone. Too scary for the Lounge.

GD is a good choice.

Why was your brother deported?

He was deported because he was not a US citizen. Not that I would try to help in anyway, but I can't set foot in Mexico and havent since I got busted. What I did down there people won't forget. My brother in law probably got greedy, tried to work a side deal or something and now has to pay.

Kay
02-26-2010, 12:05 AM
Speedy you said you were given a life sentence.
Was that down in Mexico? And how did you get out of it?
Now I see where you got the inspiration for your book. :eek:

Speedy
02-26-2010, 12:17 AM
Speedy you said you were given a life sentence.
Was that down in Mexico? And how did you get out of it?
Now I see where you got the inspiration for your book. :eek:

No, I got a life sentence in Federal Prison here. I was never supposed to get out. A case went to the Supreme Court and was overturned. My lawyer decided to enter a motion for resentencing using that case as a precedent. It worked and when I was resentenced I was given 60 months with 5 years supervised released. I had already done 74 months.

The Mexico thing is that I used to have a connection in the state of Zacatecas who would bring my merchandise from there to the northern Mexican state of Coahuila. I was involved in a shootout there. I was wounded and I shot a couple of people. One of them later died. I came across the border into the states bleeding with a bullet in me. I can never go back there.

Jumpy
02-26-2010, 07:34 AM
Even though I believe about 10% of what you post, you are entertaining. Maybe you have found your niche in your writing, and the book actually will sell.

NJCardFan
02-26-2010, 09:00 AM
Sorry to say this Speedy but too bad for your friend. You stick your dick in a knothole enough times and eventually it's going to get bit. I don't feel the least bit sorry for this guy. I'm sorry for his family but not him. I can run off a litany of cliche's all day long but the one that comes to mind is you fuck with the bull and sooner or later you'll get the horns.

asdf2231
02-26-2010, 11:12 AM
No, I got a life sentence in Federal Prison here. I was never supposed to get out. A case went to the Supreme Court and was overturned. My lawyer decided to enter a motion for resentencing using that case as a precedent. It worked and when I was resentenced I was given 60 months with 5 years supervised released. I had already done 74 months.

The Mexico thing is that I used to have a connection in the state of Zacatecas who would bring my merchandise from there to the northern Mexican state of Coahuila. I was involved in a shootout there. I was wounded and I shot a couple of people. One of them later died. I came across the border into the states bleeding with a bullet in me. I can never go back there.

Which supreme court case please and how did it effect your sentencing? What exactly allowed your lawyer to use it to overturn a life sentence and get it degraded down to a 5 year rap?

Also WHAT federal prison did you do time in and in what circuit court was your case heard?

Speedy
02-26-2010, 02:33 PM
Which supreme court case please and how did it effect your sentencing? What exactly allowed your lawyer to use it to overturn a life sentence and get it degraded down to a 5 year rap?

Also WHAT federal prison did you do time in and in what circuit court was your case heard?

What the feds were doing was convicting using certain evidence then at sentencing using another standard. The case that my lawyer used to get me a new sentencing hearing was USA vs Apprendi. Evidence that was presented at sentencing was not presented at court.

In my case, I was tied to a conspiracy case and the amount of drugs in that case was used as a standard not what I was busted with or convicted of. When I was resentenced and only what I got busted with was used as a guide, under Federal Sentencing Guidelines 60 months was what I should have gotten.

My case was tried in the Western District of Texas since I was busted in Val Verde County. I did time in Sheridan, Oregon, Safford, Arizona and Three Rivers, Texas.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/speed_addiction/Photo/2010-02-26_132936.jpg

noonwitch
02-26-2010, 04:37 PM
Regardless of the poor choices your brother in law made, I hope that he is alive and gets out of his current predicament with his head attached to his shoulders. It sounds like despite the fact that you learned your lesson and he didn't, but you still care about him. I'm sure his other family members are worried, too.

I've got a cousin who just won't learn his lesson about dealing drugs, either. When he got busted with about 10 gs worth of ecstasy, he was lucky it was in NY and not here. In Michigan, you can be charged with attempted murder if you are caught in possession of a large amount of that drug.

Speedy
02-26-2010, 05:31 PM
I do not see how he can get out of this. He is the polar opposite of what I was then and to his last breath would try to see if he could get out of a situation like this with no one getting hurt.

When I shot those guys in Mexico and was shot myself it was basically the same thing. We got picked up and taken to a place to be tortured and killed. My brother in law up until we got away thought he could get out of it without hurting someone. I wanted to kill someone. Anyone. I did not care, I was going to die and I wanted to take someone with me out of spite. If not for that mindset, we both would have been dead then.

He was kidnapped with a few other guys. I know a couple of them. They are of no help, I am sure of that. They are just as meek as he is.

stsinner
02-26-2010, 07:11 PM
What the feds were doing was convicting using certain evidence then at sentencing using another standard. The case that my lawyer used to get me a new sentencing hearing was USA vs Apprendi. Evidence that was presented at sentencing was not presented at court.

In my case, I was tied to a conspiracy case and the amount of drugs in that case was used as a standard not what I was busted with or convicted of. When I was resentenced and only what I got busted with was used as a guide, under Federal Sentencing Guidelines 60 months was what I should have gotten.

My case was tried in the Western District of Texas since I was busted in Val Verde County. I did time in Sheridan, Oregon, Safford, Arizona and Three Rivers, Texas.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/speed_addiction/Photo/2010-02-26_132936.jpg

Damn, I'd say that was asked and answered... Well-played with the photographic evidence.. You're one bad mofo! I'm glad you're on our side!