PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you miss Clinton?

CaughtintheMiddle1990
02-26-2010, 11:48 AM
Now I know most--if not all of you-- hate Obama, and some long for Bush back...
But I have to ask--Does anyone here miss Clinton? I mean unlike both Bush and Obama, he did get some what can be called both culturally and economically conservative or even ''center-right'' things done--DOMA, Welfare Reform, Balanced Budget, deregulation of the banks and other industries, as well as other common conservative causes. Bush made attempts in these areas (like SS privatization) but failed. He made a pretty great compromise with DADT (yes I realize it was a compromise thought up by the Joint Chiefs, but if Clinton had been like Obama he would've fought it tooth and nail), which in my opinion is THE perfect policy toward gays in the military. He was at least willing to work with Congress and the opposing party, something Obama seems completely unwilling to do (much like Carter) and even tries to bar them from the process-

Now some say it's the GOP congress who made Clinton do these things, and some Clinton supporters say it was Clinton--I personally think it was a bit of both--But nonetheless quite a few center-right or conservative things happened under Clinton (a lot of things happened under Clinton, like Monica, but that's a different story).

linda22003
02-26-2010, 11:55 AM
I don't understand the concept of "missing" any president. They served in their time, and time moves on.

CaughtintheMiddle1990
02-26-2010, 12:00 PM
I'm just asking in response to the GW Bush "Miss Me Yet?" billboard meme.

linda22003
02-26-2010, 12:13 PM
In response to that, definitely not. :p

lacarnut
02-26-2010, 12:36 PM
I don't miss Clinton or Bush. I would take either one compared to the bozo in office.

Rebel Yell
02-26-2010, 12:45 PM
I just miss hearing them talk. Slick Willie's c used car saleman accent.

And who don't miss nuclur and Amurrka. I still like to hear the old Bushisms.

Too many good docs are getting out of business. Too many OB/GYN's aren't able to practice their, their love with women all across this country.

There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee...that says, fool me once, shame on...shame on you. Fool me...you can't get fooled again.

noonwitch
02-26-2010, 12:52 PM
I thought Clinton was a good president, despite the scandal. I voted for Hillary in the 2008 primaries, because I thought she was a better choice than Obama, having at least learned what she can get done and can't get done from watching her husband.

BadCat
02-26-2010, 12:54 PM
Miss Klinton?

Drugs must be pretty strong at your school, kid.

megimoo
02-26-2010, 01:03 PM
I thought Clinton was a good president, despite the scandal. I voted for Hillary in the 2008 primaries, because I thought she was a better choice than Obama, having at least learned what she can get done and can't get done from watching her husband.The liberal mind at work is a thing to behold !

AlmostThere
02-26-2010, 01:13 PM
All the things you list as Clinton's accomplishments are only his accomplishments because of the Congress that was in place. If he'd had a Congress that looks anything like today's Congress, he wouldn't have accomplished any of those things simply because he wouldn't have wanted or had too. So to miss him because of those accomplishments is somewhat a moot point.

ralph wiggum
02-26-2010, 01:15 PM
Only for the comedic value.

linda22003
02-26-2010, 01:24 PM
And who don't miss nuclur and Amurrka.

Probably people who say "who don't" instead of "who doesn't." :p

Gingersnap
02-26-2010, 02:21 PM
I'm with Linda Numbers on this. They serve, they leave. I don't "miss" any of them. Clinton was forced to a more centrist position by political forces in the wake of the Hillarycare debacle. He was still a big fan of big government.

I don't miss Bush. I dislike the idea of political dynasties.

megimoo
02-26-2010, 03:01 PM
As bad as he was Clinton was light years ahead of this 'bean bag' we have now.Talk about 'the gang who couldn't shoot straight '.

As for as I can tell these 'hangmen' haven't done anything right.

They and their clowns brother and sisters in the Congress have so far destroyed the American economy,are now destroying the banking system and the stock market.Giving the automobile industry to the unions in payback for political support.We have the most advanced air superiority aircraft in place guaranteed to keep us in the forefront of air defence but they refuse to fund it's further development .

They are afraid to offend either China or Russia so they back down during any confrontations and even allow China to tell who we can and cannot invite to the White House.They refuse to support our friends when they ask for our help fielding an anti missile defence systems.De-funding our space program claiming they need the money for their new social programs .They negotiate with Russia a new arms treaty giving away our ABM systems because Russia claims they limit their Nuclear deterrent. They are in the process of disarming America while our present and future enemies rush to rearm themselves.

These political Maoists squatting in the seats of power are now in way,way over their heads and haven't a clue.It's all Georges fault when their little schemes fall apart and these Czars he has in place are some of the biggest anti American radicals in our country.

Old 'Slick' Clinton was fun,If he wasn't trying to 'skizzle' some intern he was chasing after someones wife.He was the Political Comedy king of the American scene.His down home whit and horse thieving crocked cronies kept us all entertained.

Half of his political 'cast' were either in jail or on the way .We had quasi suicides in the parks,mysterious plane crashes with critters found with bullet holes in their heads.Missile launches at Saddam to take the heat from old Slick ass.What more could one ask of a crooked Democrat in the White House.

They can call George a dunce but at least he was miles above these liberal
bozo's they have elected into office.Their elected presidential track record
is a testimony to ineptness.Carter,Clinton and now Obama, the three presidential stooges of America.

Hilliary's part in this low comedy was to pickup after this bozo screwed himself up once more in public.She hasn't the credentials to serve in any public office.The Job of Secretary of State has been downgraded by these past few token females who have held it.

The Arabs and Asians look at America and see a female in that job and shake their heads.How can they take American Foreign policy seriously with an fat old grandmotherly type female critter negotiating for America .

I'll admit that some of the best Past Prime Ministers of Israel Golda Meir and Margret Thatcher of the UK have been woman but they were far more qualified and effective than Ma Clinton.We by comparison have had old woman like Ma Clinton and Maddy Albright who were PC female tokens who were and are totally ineffective .

Speedy
02-26-2010, 03:07 PM
Hey the way things are going, I may miss Carter pretty soon.

megimoo
02-26-2010, 03:10 PM
Hey the way things are going, I may miss Carter pretty soon.He's turned into just another nasty old man !

lacarnut
02-26-2010, 03:16 PM
Megi: you need to tell us what you really think and don't hold back the next time. :D

megimoo
02-26-2010, 03:24 PM
Megi: you need to tell us what you really think and don't hold back the next time. :DI tend to let it all out .This is my country after all !!:D

lacarnut
02-26-2010, 04:16 PM
I tend to let it all out .This is my country after all !!:D

Good for you. It is a shame so many dickheads in this country are such wimps.

noonwitch
02-26-2010, 04:27 PM
The liberal mind at work is a thing to behold !

I'm a practical woman, and I voted for a practical woman. I don't think Hillary would have wasted so much time on health care, because of her experiences in 1994, when Bill was president.

Kay
02-26-2010, 09:50 PM
How could we possibly be missing Clinton.
He won't get off the tv long enough for anyone to ever know he's been gone.

AmPat
02-26-2010, 10:01 PM
Do any of you miss Clinton?Short answer, NO. Would I prefer him to O Blah Blah? Yes. Would I prefer him to Bush? No.

Bushisms were numerous and funny. OBlahmisms just show his ignorance. Corpsman pronounced with a "p?" Bush was considered DUmb but at least he knew how many states in the union and how to pronounce Corpsman. O Blah Blah ensures he pronounces muslim names well though- TALL-E-BAHN/ Pock-E-staun. He makes me cringe when he puts that verbal towel on his head.

lacarnut
02-26-2010, 11:09 PM
Short answer, NO. Would I prefer him to O Blah Blah? Yes. Would I prefer him to Bush? No.

Bushisms were numerous and funny. OBlahmisms just show his ignorance. Corpsman pronounced with a "p?" Bush was considered DUmb but at least he knew how many states in the union and how to pronounce Corpsman. O Blah Blah ensures he pronounces muslim names well though- TALL-E-BAHN/ Pock-E-staun. He makes me cringe when he puts that verbal towel on his head.

How true:D:D:D