PDA

View Full Version : Monday Thread: Rooting for the Bad Guy

Rebel Yell
03-01-2010, 10:21 AM
Weather is great. Highs in the 60's. Great weather for killing squirrels. Little bastards have been getting in my roof. So I go out in the mornings and righ before dark and kill 'em. Luckily, my uncle next door has cats. No need to even pick them up.

TOTD: What movies have you seen where you root for the "bad guy"? I watched Law Abiding Citizen this past weekend. I didn't want to watch, but I'm glad I did. I told my wife, if I were the on the jury Gerard Butler character wouldn't get a day in jail.

Rockntractor
03-01-2010, 10:29 AM
Patch the holes in your roof and squirrels are tasty. They eat better than most of us.

Rebel Yell
03-01-2010, 10:35 AM
Patch the holes in your roof and squirrels are tasty. They eat better than most of us.

I've been patching and trapping in the roof. I've got them out, but I'm still gonna kill them fro my trouble. I don't eat rat.

Rockntractor
03-01-2010, 10:38 AM
I've been patching and trapping in the roof. I've got them out, but I'm still gonna kill them fro my trouble. I don't eat rat.

And you say you are southern!:confused::rolleyes:

lacarnut
03-01-2010, 10:45 AM
I cut down a 50 year old pine tree cause those tree rats would eat the seeds out of the cones dropping them on the driveway. Got tired of sweeping the cones and pine needles up every day.

FlaGator
03-01-2010, 10:56 AM
Cool but sunny here to day in Northeast Florida.

TOTD: Nightbreed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MntiEGXQFk

Gingersnap
03-01-2010, 11:06 AM
It's cloudy and kind of cold but not bitter. We might actually thaw out for a day or two. :)

TOTD: I'd have to agree about "Nightbreed". Also, Vin Diesel's character in "The Fast and the Furious".

noonwitch
03-01-2010, 11:15 AM
It's not too bad here. It's sunny and above freezing, so more of the snow from last week will melt.

TOTD: I always liked Al Swearengen on HBO's Deadwood better than the "good guys', although there really weren't such clear divisions on that show. His profanity was almost poetic.

Rebel Yell
03-01-2010, 11:17 AM
And you say you are southern!:confused::rolleyes:

Watch out!!!! I DO eat scrambles hog brains and eggs.

lacarnut
03-01-2010, 11:49 AM
Watch out!!!! I DO eat scrambles hog brains and eggs.

My mom used to fix eggs and brains. I could never eat them.

Speedy
03-01-2010, 01:23 PM

I have never eaten hog brains but have eaten a lot of goat brains. They are especially good on a flour tortilla with avacado and onion.

As far as cheering for the bad guy, a few years ago FX had a really good series on called Thief and the head of a gang of bank robbers was really cool.

Also Sonny Steelgrave in the series Wiseguy was a villain that I cheered for.

Rockntractor
03-01-2010, 01:30 PM
I stuff my squirrels with basmati rice and carrots and make a basting sauce with butter brown sugar and onion powder. I bake them slow at 300 for an hour covered and then take the cover off and baste them every 15 minutes for another 45 minutes. Any thing that lives on pecans and other nuts is tasty!

Speedy
03-01-2010, 01:42 PM
When I was a kid I had a .22 rifle and even though I was only about 5 years old, my brother and I would go out and hunt rabbit and squirrel. We would walk a mile or two from the house. My 4 year old brother and I. My mother would stuff the squirrels with onions, peppers and mushrooms. I used to give the hides to my dad who would sell them. If I tore up one of the hides skinning the squirrels I would cut it into strips and make shoelaces out of it.

Growing up, my family made Jed Clampett and his clan look cultured and refined.

Rebel Yell
03-01-2010, 02:27 PM

Tastes just like chicken.:rolleyes:

Really, it tastes like scrambled salmon and eggs.

Rebel Yell
03-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Back to TOTD. Swordfish was another that any fwag waving Amewican would root for the bad guy to win.

Speedy
03-01-2010, 02:30 PM
Brains are kind of bland, actually. You need to spice them up a bit.

Speedy
03-01-2010, 02:35 PM
Back to TOTD. Swordfish was another that any fwag waving Amewican would root for the bad guy to win.

In Heat you root for the crew of bank robbers, even though they are pretty blood thirsty and vicious. There was only one pretty boy in the gang (Val Kilmer) but for what they lacked in looks, that bunch just oozed cool from every pore. All the actors had the cool factor pegged. Robert Deniro, Tom Sizemore, Danny Trejo and Val Kilmer.

Kay
03-01-2010, 09:11 PM
I'd be careful if I were you Mr. Rebel........

http://images.wikia.com/openserving/sports/images/4/46/Squirrel-Original.jpg

patriot45
03-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Weather is great. Highs in the 60's. Great weather for killing squirrels. Little bastards have been getting in my roof. So I go out in the mornings and righ before dark and kill 'em. Luckily, my uncle next door has cats. No need to even pick them up.

TOTD: What movies have you seen where you root for the "bad guy"? I watched Law Abiding Citizen this past weekend. I didn't want to watch, but I'm glad I did. I told my wife, if I were the on the jury Gerard Butler character wouldn't get a day in jail.

TOTD: I have that movie but I haven't watched it yet. For some reason I root for Hannibal Lector!! He has class and a twisted sense of justice, or should I say Taste for justice! :D

Bubba Dawg
03-01-2010, 09:27 PM
I don't exactly root for Hannibal Lecter but I think he is the most interesting character of the series.

Sort of like Satan is the most interesting character in Paradise Lost (to me anyway) but you don't really root for him (at least I didn't).

I also rooted for Khan a little but was really down with Captain Kirk.

patriot45
03-01-2010, 09:47 PM
I don't exactly root for Hannibal Lecter but I think he is the most interesting character of the series.

Sort of like Satan is the most interesting character in Paradise Lost (to me anyway) but you don't really root for him (at least I didn't).

I also rooted for Khan a little but was really down with Captain Kirk.

C'mon, they way he served up Ray Liotta in the last movie was fitting and classic!

PoliCon
03-01-2010, 10:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaAxzIFgNso

Even I'll eat squirrel. :rolleyes: Mom used to call it skinless chicken.

TOTD: Riddick. The bad guy I can think of that I'd cheer for. Mind you - I think a good bad guy generally makes a movie. Take Robinhood for example. Alan Rickman made that movie.

ETA: Thought of another one - Dr. Frank-N-Furter - mostly because I'm twisted and that movie has always cracked me up. :)

NJCardFan
03-01-2010, 10:26 PM
I told my wife, if I were the on the jury Gerard Butler character wouldn't get a day in jail.
Only to the point where he killed the guys who killed his family. Everyone else were innocent.

TOTD: Don't know about rooting for but I couldn't really root against Count Adehmar in A Knights Tale. He was just an asshole but certainly not a villain. But I did root for Darth Vader.

Bubba Dawg
03-01-2010, 10:49 PM
C'mon, they way he served up Ray Liotta in the last movie was fitting and classic!

Yes, the Ray Liotta cooking scene was....well done.....BWAHAHAHAHAGHaaaaa:D:o

NJCardFan
03-01-2010, 11:29 PM
Yes, the Ray Liotta cooking scene was....well done.....BWAHAHAHAHAGHaaaaa:D:o
There was a lot more to that scene in the book that I wish they left in. IIRC, it's the reason why Jodie Foster didn't want to reprise her role.