PDA

View Full Version : "Retards Rally to Limit Free Speech In Massachusetts."

megimoo
03-01-2010, 12:46 PM
Rally to Ban Word 'Retard' in Massachusetts

"Friends of the Intellectually Disabled aka (DU) DUmmies !"
http://www.c-for-dummies.com/

- Friends of the intellectually disabled are pushing to ban the word "retard" in Massachusetts. Today, soldiers of the Anti-R Movement will stage a pledge drive at the State House. They'll be collecting signatures from those who want the word removed from everyday speech. On Wednesday, students plan to hold an anti-r word rally at Winthrop High School.

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/local/rally-to-ban-word-retard-in-massachusetts

Articulate_Ape
03-01-2010, 12:49 PM
Does this mean we have to start calling dead people "life challenged"?

FlaGator
03-01-2010, 12:55 PM
I'm not a fan of how the word retard is used (although I hypocritically misuse it as myself when thinking about the Night Owl :p) but to ban it is just going completely over the edge. I don't see anyone beating a path to the legislative floor to ban the word f*ck because many find it offensive. Beside to ban the f word would put severe limits on Samual Jackson's career! :D

linda22003
03-01-2010, 12:58 PM
What about a sentence like "these policies are sure to retard economic growth"? Is that allowed or not?

Speedy
03-01-2010, 01:11 PM
Jeez! What a bunch of retards!

FlaGator
03-01-2010, 01:13 PM
What about a sentence like "these policies are sure to retard economic growth"? Is that allowed or not?

That might fall in to a similar category as niggardly. :)

noonwitch
03-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Retard or retarded isn't even used to describe people with impaired intelligence quotas. Developmentally Disabled is now the official term.

Banning a word won't reduce it's usage. It's also a first amendment issue.

megimoo
03-01-2010, 01:17 PM
I'm not a fan of how the word retard is used (although I hypocritically misuse it as myself when thinking about the Night Owl :p) but to ban it is just going completely over the edge. I don't see anyone beating a path to the legislative floor to ban the word f*ck because many find it offensive. Beside to ban the f word would put severe limits on Samual Jackson's career! :D
There are much kinder words to use.I find that people who are truly intellectually handicapped are seldom called retarded.Retarded is in my estimation is most often reserved for the denizen of the DU underworld after some particularly 'mindless,"Retarded" posting' concerning the state of world affairs.

Speedy
03-01-2010, 01:18 PM
Retard or retarded isn't even used to describe people with impaired intelligence quotas. Developmentally Disabled is now the official term.

Banning a word won't reduce it's usage. It's also a first amendment issue.

A retard by any other name is still a retard, is that what you are saying?

Gingersnap
03-01-2010, 05:21 PM
Rally to ban word 'retard' in Massachusetts
Updated: Monday, 01 Mar 2010, 11:56 AM EST
Published : Monday, 01 Mar 2010, 11:56 AM EST

BOSTON (FOX25, myfoxboston) - Friends of the intellectually disabled are pushing to ban the word "retard" in Massachusetts.

Today, soldiers of the Anti-R Movement will stage a pledge drive at the State House.

They'll be collecting signatures from those who want the word removed from everyday speech.

On Wednesday, students plan to hold an anti-r word rally at Winthrop High School.

This comes several months after White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel used the offensive word to describe an ad campaign proposed by liberal allies.

Morons.

My Fox Boston (http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/local/rally-to-ban-word-retard-in-massachusetts)

Speedy
03-01-2010, 05:24 PM
Oh Jeez! That is so...retarded!

AmPat
03-01-2010, 06:11 PM
Rally to ban word 'retard' in Massachusetts I say we should ban the word "Massachusetts" due to having too many syllables.:rolleyes:

Sonnabend
03-02-2010, 08:13 AM
The aviation industry will tell 'em to go fuck a duck. Modern aircraft have recorded messages for landing, and one of them is on touchdown, the words "retard, retard" refers to the throttle settings.

"Je suis en retard" is French for "I am late".

These people are morons. :rolleyes:

stsinner
03-02-2010, 08:22 AM
The aviation industry will tell 'em to go fuck a duck. Modern aircraft have recorded messages for landing, and one of them is on touchdown, the words "retard, retard" refers to the throttle settings.

In addition to that, ignition timing of a car often needs to be retarded by adjusting the distributor on older cars, or by the computer on newer cars...

I'm sick of people trying to ban words in our language.. There is a clinical definition of the word retarded, and the fact that some jerks use in in a derogatory manner doesn't change the clinical definition, but our our society has gone so PC limp-wristed that even when you use it correctly they gasp.. My brother has a retarded daughter-she's 8 with the mentality of a 2 year old, but my mother hits the roof any time I use the word retarded around her.. Her learning ability is, quite literally, retarded, meaning behind a normal learning capacity and pace of a normal child..

I can't wait to get the hell out of this state!

AmPat
03-02-2010, 10:05 AM
I can't wait to get the hell out of this state!

Apparently, neither can the "progressive" retirees. They can't afford to retire to the idyllic, Utopia they created over a lifetime of voting idiocy, then they export their ideology to neighboring states.:cool:

FlaGator
03-02-2010, 10:09 AM
This is a dupe and should be merged with http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?t=25782

That is all... carry on.

NJCardFan
03-02-2010, 10:30 AM
That might fall in to a similar category as niggardly. :)
RACIST!!!!!:p

linda22003
03-02-2010, 12:49 PM

It's like a pro-lifer getting upset because an aircraft landing is "aborted".

rzoo4u2c
03-11-2010, 08:49 PM
How then can we describe Obama and friends?

PoliCon
03-11-2010, 09:07 PM
http://www.komchan.org/komchan/src/epic-tits-epic-tits-tits-boobs-retard-retarded-demotivational-poster-1238676447.jpg

I'm sorry. I'm with Ralphie May when it comes to the term retarded.

http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?title=ralphie-may-retarded&videoId=77784