PDA

View Full Version : Nice website, I think I'll stick around.

Freeman_Shadwell
03-02-2010, 11:20 PM
I've been surfing over the site here for the past hour or so, and I like what I see. Like minded people! Few and far between here in south east MI.

Well, that's not entirely accurate. Many like minded people around here, most are just very misguided. In such a heavily union area, it's very frustrating to hear so many people speak of conservative principles in conversation, but in matters of politics they vote democrat without even knowing the name of the candidate with the "D" next to their name. :confused:

Anyway, I am a very conservative person. I enjoy spending time with my family, the shooting sports, following politics, anything that pisses off liberals and hippies, and sarcasm. :D I chose the name Freeman Shadwell as I am a free man, and Shadwell was the boyhood home of Thomas Jefferson. I believe Jefferson understood liberty and freedom better than most ever will, and human nature as well.

I personally would prefer to stand shoulder to shoulder with any man or woman of any ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or what ever else divides us in the defense of freedom and liberty than stand behind anyone of the same that would stand in the way of it. In my opinion, divisiveness and class warfare are close to killing this country, and liberty along with it.

There it is, hopefully I haven't alienated my self from this site with my first post. :) But that's me, and it's what I believe in, in a nutshell.

Thanks for your time.
-Freeman

Rockntractor
03-03-2010, 12:22 AM
Welcome! It is a slow night tonight. maybe you will meet some people tomorrow.

Kay
03-03-2010, 12:32 AM
Nice to meet you. I like how you came up with your name. :)

Milly
03-03-2010, 05:01 AM
Welcome from your neighbor to the south.

I read more than I post, but it's always worthwhile to drop by. I feel better just knowing CU is here, active, and adding members all the time.

Freeman_Shadwell
03-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the welcome folks! :D

patriot45
03-03-2010, 09:09 PM
Welcome, F_S!

Enjoy us!!! :D

PoliCon
03-03-2010, 10:41 PM
I personally would prefer to stand shoulder to shoulder with any man or woman of any ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or what ever else divides us in the defense of freedom and liberty than stand behind anyone of the same that would stand in the way of it.Well said. :)

Freeman_Shadwell
03-03-2010, 10:41 PM
Thanks! I hope to contribute enough to be enjoyed as well. Wait......that didn't come out quite right......wait.....neither did that.....DAMMIT! <face palm>

patriot45
03-03-2010, 10:44 PM
Thanks! I hope to contribute enough to be enjoyed as well. Wait......that didn't come out quite right......wait.....neither did that.....DAMMIT! <face palm>

:D Bubba worthy!!! :D

Apache
03-04-2010, 01:51 PM

I think they will play nicely together :p

Welcome FS...

Freeman_Shadwell
03-04-2010, 11:20 PM

I don't get it? Dammit! <facepalm>

Rockntractor
03-04-2010, 11:23 PM
I don't get it? Dammit! <facepalm>

You will come to know The Man of Spandex!:cool:

Freeman_Shadwell
03-04-2010, 11:28 PM
You will come to know The Man of Spandex!:cool:

Unless it's superman or batman, I'll pass. If you're not a super hero, spandex is grounds for a man card revocation. :confused:

Rockntractor
03-04-2010, 11:32 PM
Unless it's superman or batman, I'll pass. If you're not a super hero, spandex is grounds for a man card revocation. :confused:

Bubba is meaner than a junk yard dog. A flabby older junkyard dog!

Freeman_Shadwell
03-04-2010, 11:40 PM
Bubba is meaner than a junk yard dog. A flabby older junkyard dog!

I guess that makes me Fred fucking Sanford!

Rockntractor
03-04-2010, 11:41 PM
I guess that makes me Fred fucking Sanford!

Now why would Fred do that to Sanford?:confused::eek:

Freeman_Shadwell
03-04-2010, 11:46 PM
Now why would Fred do that to Sanford?:confused::eek:

You've never seen Sanford and son!? Classic TV show! One of my favorites.

Rockntractor
03-04-2010, 11:49 PM
You've never seen Sanford and son!? Classic TV show! One of my favorites.

Yep! Poor Fred died a broke man after the show. The IRS cleaned him out!

PoliCon
03-04-2010, 11:52 PM

Bubba doesn't care. :rolleyes:

Freeman_Shadwell
03-04-2010, 11:55 PM
Yep! Poor Fred died a broke man after the show. The IRS cleaned him out!

I didn't know that. Shitty accountant?

Freeman_Shadwell
03-04-2010, 11:57 PM
Bubba doesn't care. :rolleyes:

I don't know Bubba, so I can't comment any further. I do however really like your signature. :D

Rockntractor
03-05-2010, 12:00 AM
I didn't know that. Shitty accountant?
I don't remember for sure. I think it was just negligence on his part and not intentional. We have a parasitic government. You can never really relax and enjoy what you have.

PoliCon
03-05-2010, 12:01 AM
I don't know Bubba, so I can't comment any further. I do however really like your signature. :D

Thanks. I can tell you I do it often too. Even here.

Gingersnap
03-05-2010, 12:02 AM
Welcome aboard! Look around and jump in where it feels comfy (or not). Read the rules of the various forums and watch that salty language a bit. We aren't G-rated but we try to confine strong language to where it does the most good. ;)

Drop on down the Lounge and relax a while. :D

PoliCon
03-05-2010, 12:04 AM
We aren't G-rated but we try to confine strong language to where it does the most good. ;)

What she means is - don't cuss at the nice people - but when you run up against a total fucking idiot - you're allowed to call them a total fucking idiot. ;)

Rockntractor
03-05-2010, 12:06 AM
What she means is - don't cuss at the nice people - but when you run up against a total fucking idiot - you're allowed to call them a total fucking idiot. ;)

Thats the main word in Poli's vocabulary. he thinks it makes him taller!:rolleyes:

PoliCon
03-05-2010, 12:10 AM
Thats the main word in Poli's vocabulary. he thinks it makes him taller!:rolleyes:

Puissant. :p

Gingersnap
03-05-2010, 12:13 AM

LOL! I've never been translated quite like that.

PoliCon
03-05-2010, 12:17 AM
LOL! I've never been translated quite like that.

I'm good. :cool: what can I say? :D

obx
03-05-2010, 10:46 AM
Welcome Freeman.
________
Amateur adult video (http://www.fucktube.com/)

Freeman_Shadwell
03-05-2010, 11:33 PM
Welcome aboard! Look around and jump in where it feels comfy (or not). Read the rules of the various forums and watch that salty language a bit. We aren't G-rated but we try to confine strong language to where it does the most good. ;)

Drop on down the Lounge and relax a while. :D

Duely noted. :) I do tend to use colorful language at times, but I am capable of conveying my point without it. I'm just kind of random I guess. I will tone it down, but seeing that I haven't toned it up at all, please don't hold it against me if I go off on a rant.

I have no patience or tolerance for dipshitedness or libiot hippie speak.

And yes, I just made up 2 new words. Dipshitedness, and libiot. One is the act of being a dipshit, and the latter a combination of liberal and idiot. Copyrights forthcoming.

I kinda tend to ramble on and go off topic in my own direction at times too.

Freeman_Shadwell
03-05-2010, 11:37 PM
Thanks. I can tell you I do it often too. Even here.

Jefferson said in matters of fashion, go with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock. Or something close to that.

I've both lost and gained many friends that way, and will never apologize for it.

patriot45
03-05-2010, 11:39 PM

Ha! Those are DUmp adjectives!

Freeman_Shadwell
03-05-2010, 11:43 PM
Ha! Those are DUmp adjectives!

I don't follow? Am I missing an inside joke?

patriot45
03-05-2010, 11:47 PM
I don't follow? Am I missing an inside joke?

Not really. Our biggest hit is dumping on the DUmp! Thats DemocraticUnderground, hell on earth!
Check out the B/W forum and you will see! :D

Rockntractor
03-06-2010, 12:24 AM
Duely noted. :) I do tend to use colorful language at times, but I am capable of conveying my point without it. I'm just kind of random I guess. I will tone it down, but seeing that I haven't toned it up at all, please don't hold it against me if I go off on a rant.

And yes, I just made up 2 new words. Dipshitedness, and libiot. One is the act of being a dipshit, and the latter a combination of liberal and idiot. Copyrights forthcoming.

I kinda tend to ramble on and go off topic in my own direction at times too.

Fascinating!

Bubba Dawg
03-06-2010, 09:19 AM
Hi Freeman. Glad you are here. Welcome.

I love cycling and some of the geniuses here make fun of my cycling attire. I love Spandex because it's efficient for cycling, comfortable, cool, comes in 2X and the colors make me feel special.

Deal with it you guys. :mad::p:D

If you like music you're welcome to post YouTube links in the occasional Jukeboxes we run.

Again, I'm glad you found us and hope you enjoy your time here.

By the way, Wot's your football, baseball and hockey loyalties, if any?

I love the Atlanta Falcons and Braves, Jax Jags and a few other teams.

Kay
03-06-2010, 02:24 PM
I love Spandex because it's efficient for cycling,
comfortable, cool, comes in 2X and the colors make me feel special.

Bubba, buldging in all the wrong places:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_0LjMsRES61s/STaS-7yh0uI/AAAAAAAAAKY/pyNuEPam9NA/s320/Reinhardt%5B1%5D.JPG

(sorry I couldn't resist....:p )

PoliCon
03-06-2010, 03:11 PM
Bubba, buldging in all the wrong places:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_0LjMsRES61s/STaS-7yh0uI/AAAAAAAAAKY/pyNuEPam9NA/s320/Reinhardt%5B1%5D.JPG

(sorry I couldn't resist....:p )

More like this -
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/realadam/span7.jpg

Freeman_Shadwell
03-07-2010, 11:27 PM
Fascinating!

Did i mention my keen eye for the obvious? ;)

Hi Freeman. Glad you are here. Welcome.

I love cycling and some of the geniuses here make fun of my cycling attire. I love Spandex because it's efficient for cycling, comfortable, cool, comes in 2X and the colors make me feel special.

Deal with it you guys. D

If you like music you're welcome to post YouTube links in the occasional Jukeboxes we run.

Again, I'm glad you found us and hope you enjoy your time here.

By the way, Wot's your football, baseball and hockey loyalties, if any?

I love the Atlanta Falcons and Braves, Jax Jags and a few other teams.

Thanks. My sports loyalties lie with my hometown Detroit teams. If you have any good Lions jokes I'd love to hear 'em. :cool: I was a Wings fan back in the mid 80's when they were horrible, and that finally paid off. The Tigers did nothing from 84 to 06, but they're finally competitive again. The Lions, well, all I can do is laugh at them anymore. But I continue to watch them, Sunday after Sunday, every fall.

If I were to pick a second team for any sport it would be Boston teams as my brother lives there and we talk about the Pats, Bruins, and Sox. So I tend to follow them as well.

PoliCon
03-08-2010, 05:48 AM
Thanks. My sports loyalties lie with my hometown Detroit teams. If you have any good Lions jokes I'd love to hear 'em. :cool: I was a Wings fan back in the mid 80's when they were horrible, and that finally paid off. The Tigers did nothing from 84 to 06, but they're finally competitive again. The Lions, well, all I can do is laugh at them anymore. But I continue to watch them, Sunday after Sunday, every fall.

If I were to pick a second team for any sport it would be Boston teams as my brother lives there and we talk about the Pats, Bruins, and Sox. So I tend to follow them as well. You poor soul. :(

Freeman_Shadwell
03-08-2010, 11:41 PM
You poor soul. :(

I know, many of them suck. But I'd rather follow a shitty team for better or worse than be one that jumps on what ever teams band wagon is winning at the time.

My Red Wings prove my theory right, and my Tigers will soon enough as well. :) My Grandchildren will likely pass from this world before the Lions make the playoffs. :mad:

fettpett
03-09-2010, 09:38 AM
a Hearty Welcome for the other side of the state! good to see more Michiganders (though I'm a PROUD Cheesehead transplant! GO PACK!)

Freeman_Shadwell
03-10-2010, 11:00 PM
a Hearty Welcome for the other side of the state! good to see more Michiganders (though I'm a PROUD Cheesehead transplant! GO PACK!)

Thanks! By all means stick with the Packers! There is no NFL football worth watching within MI's borders!

PoliCon
03-10-2010, 11:13 PM
oy vey. Everyone knows that football is worthless when the Steelers aren't playing.

Freeman_Shadwell
03-11-2010, 10:45 PM
oy vey. Everyone knows that football is worthless when the Steelers aren't playing.

I don't mind the Steelers, I actually root for them more often than not. Aside from that damned over rated Cindy Crosby, Pittsburgh is Cool. I used to be a big Pens fan back in Lemieux's heyday. What a career he could have had if he had remained healthy.

PoliCon
03-11-2010, 11:09 PM
I don't mind the Steelers, I actually root for them more often than not. Aside from that damned over rated Cindy Crosby, Pittsburgh is Cool. I used to be a big Pens fan back in Lemieux's heyday. What a career he could have had if he had remained healthy.

Don't be hating on Sidney. Lermieux is a great guy. I've had the privilege of meeting him several times.

Freeman_Shadwell
03-11-2010, 11:37 PM
Don't be hating on Sidney. Lermieux is a great guy. I've had the privilege of meeting him several times.

Cindy isn't fit to sharpen Mario's skates. :cool: I'm sure Mario is a great guy. He carries himself well both on and off the ice, and is someone I would be happy to see my kids look to as a role model. Fortunately for me (and my kids) we have Steve Yzerman Here in the D. :D

Funny story on that topic. When my oldest son was about 5-6 he was batting a coke 2 liter cap around the kitchen with a little novelty souvenir hockey stick close to his normal bedtime. I walked into the kitchen and told him it was time to settle down and get ready for bed. His response? "OK Dad. I was pretending to be Steve Yzerman!" I told him to go ahead and keep playing and I played goalie between 2 kitchen chairs.

Both Lemieux and Yzerman are from the same mold. One was plagued with injury, the other blessed with a great career as the longest serving captain in NHL history. Both Great players and leaders whose many actions speak much louder than their few words. Both are sports players I'd be happy to see my kids look up to and/or emulate.

There are few like them in any sport anywhere. Not in today's "me first, thug life" pro athlete mentality.

Bubba Dawg
03-12-2010, 07:16 PM
Did i mention my keen eye for the obvious? ;)

If I were to pick a second team for any sport it would be Boston teams as my brother lives there and we talk about the Pats, Bruins, and Sox. So I tend to follow them as well.

Cool. Being an Atlanta sports fan means that (usually) I have to find a team or teams to root for when the playoffs start. Detroit is cool.

Plus, the Lions new QB was a favorite of mine with the Georgia Bulldogs.

My NL team is the Braves, but my AL team is the Red Sox.

Now that I think of it, I don't think we have any Yankee fans on this site.....

patriot45
03-12-2010, 07:26 PM
Cool. Being an Atlanta sports fan means that (usually) I have to find a team or teams to root for when the playoffs start. Detroit is cool.

Plus, the Lions new QB was a favorite of mine with the Georgia Bulldogs.

My NL team is the Braves, but my AL team is the Red Sox.

Sum-bitch! Die smelly red socks fan!!

:D

Bubba Dawg
03-12-2010, 07:53 PM
Sum-bitch! Die smelly red socks fan!!

:D

:p:D

Freeman_Shadwell
03-14-2010, 10:31 PM

Bonus! :cool:

Bubba Dawg
03-14-2010, 10:41 PM
Bonus! :cool:

True Dat. I do offer the Yanks congrats on winning the World Series in their new stadium...

...something the Cubs are still waiting to do......runs.....:D