PDA

View Full Version : So I completely shut a teabagger down on a campus bus...

Carol
03-03-2010, 07:40 AM
link (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x7832109)

GaYellowDawg Donating Member (1000+ posts)
Original message
So I completely shut a teabagger down on a campus bus...

She started griping about how bad the government was and how we just ought to throw everyone out. I said that I liked what we had now a whole lot better than what we'd had the previous 8 years. Then she said that there wasn't any bipartisanship.

I said, "I don't care about bipartisanship. You know why? Because the government was a complete failure when the Republicans were in charge. A complete failure. They failed to stop 9/11, they lied us into war, gave us $4 gas, and they took a wrecking ball to the economy. There wasn't a single thing they didn't screw up. I don't want bipartisanship with failure. You know what you get when you compromise with failure? Failure. You want to kick politicians out of office, you start with every single person with an (R) beside their name and you replace them with actual competent people who give a damn about someone besides the rich."

She was stunned. And there were quite a few nods all around.
The new definition of "tea bagger" seems to be anyone who disagrees with them.

Skittles Donating Member (1000+ posts)
Response to Original message
1. I wish Obama would adopt this attitude

democracy1st Donating Member (1000+ posts)
3. man u kicked her butt with knowledge I just know she looked at you as if you were crazy!

Raster Donating Member (1000+ posts)
6. Yah, Baybee!!! Woot!

Thank you!Thanks for being a ranting thug. We win when you do that.:rolleyes:

FDK
03-03-2010, 09:14 AM
When did the Republican party start setting gas prices? I must have missed it when Bush signed that bill into law.

Fixt for accuracy:

Original message
I was a raving loon in public today...

stsinner
03-03-2010, 09:29 AM
Wait a minute...!! The Republicans lied us into war AND gave us $4 gas??? I thought we invaded Iraq for the oil!!! :confused:

NJCardFan
03-03-2010, 11:15 AM
This story is a........

http://www.teentoday.co.uk/images/uploads/balls_2.bmp

ralph wiggum
03-03-2010, 11:17 AM
She was stunned. And there were quite a few nods all around.

Oh come on. You know that a true story like this would end with everyone on the bus giving you a standing ovation, not just nods.

AmPat
03-03-2010, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Original message
So I
Nuff said. All the other words were made up. Why do we not hear stories of how the heroic DUmmy met a worthy adversary? Apparently, none of the Conservatives out there are prepared for these confrontations. Those vaunted DUmmy talking points are so profound that we are incapable of mounting a suitable defense. DUmmies lie, DUmmies lie all the time.

NJCardFan
03-03-2010, 11:39 AM
Now I'm going to have fun with this:

So I completely shut a teabagger down on a campus bus...
OK, this automatically qualifies this as a bouncy. As we all know, all stories beginning with "So" are all bullshit.

I said that I liked what we had now a whole lot better than what we'd had the previous 8 years.
You mean like under 5% unemployment, record home sales, and a somewhat of a booming economy that all still occurred after the worst terrorist attack in history?

Because the government was a complete failure when the Republicans were in charge. A complete failure.
See above. Again, unemployment was under 5% for most of Bush's term and didn't hit 5% until July of '08 and it really took off after the November election:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYf3wNUhvYE&feature=related

They failed to stop 9/11
Um, Bush was in office a hot 9 months when this happened. And, the failures are traced back to Clinton's administration since it was under him that the lines of communication between our intelligent communities were cut under him. Not to mention his refusal to take Bin Laden when given a golden opportunity to do so.

they lied us into war,
First "they failed to stop 9/11" and now "they lied us into war". So what you're saying, genius, is that 9/11 was a lie? And if you're talking about Iraq and WMD's, are these the lies you are referring to: http://www.davidstuff.com/political/wmdquotes.htm

gave us $4 gas
Um, Republicans, nor Democrats for that matter, do not set gas prices, or any other price with the exception for the excessively punitive tax rates. You might want to brush up on that little dealy called the Constitution. You know, that little document Mr. Hopey-Changey is using for toilet paper these days.

and they took a wrecking ball to the economy.
Actually the economy was doing pretty well until the Democrats took over after the 2006 mid-terms and has gotten exponentially worse since Obumble took over.

Too bad I don't run into these idiots at the grocery store or on buses. I'd have a field day. Did I mention that I always carry a pocket Constitution?

Speedy
03-03-2010, 12:02 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/speed_addiction/2010-03-03_105904.jpg

Dan D. Doty
03-03-2010, 03:55 PM
Ga YellowDawg really means is ... YOU MUST LOVE BIG BROTHER!

Always a few nods, clapping, a couple " Right On!" with theses stories .. ya, right.

AlmostThere
03-03-2010, 06:03 PM
You mean like under 5% unemployment, record home sales, and a somewhat of a booming economy that all still occurred after the worst terrorist attack in history?

I don't know if I'd consider this a plus. That home sales record was a big part of the problems we have right now.

Speedy
03-03-2010, 06:14 PM
I don't know if I'd consider this a plus. That home sales record was a big part of the problems we have right now.

While a part of the housing collapse was some people buying over their heads, a bigger part was people buying homes as investment properties and trying to flip them. They qualified to buy these houses even though they already had a primary home because of relaxed rules.

NJCardFan
03-03-2010, 11:08 PM

I'm keeping it in the context of the time. But while we're on the subject of the collapse, you can point some major fingers at Barney Frank.

AlmostThere
03-04-2010, 03:56 AM
I'm keeping it in the context of the time. But while we're on the subject of the collapse, you can point some major fingers at Barney Frank.

EXACTLY! Hell, I'd settle for just 1 finger, the middle one.

NJCardFan
03-04-2010, 06:24 AM
In another thread, some DUmmie said that every time a Republican is president, they screw things up for 10 years. Tells you something about Democrats. Jimmy Carter screwed this country up something serious and it took Reagan 2 years to straighten things out.

movie buff
03-05-2010, 09:28 AM
"3. man u kicked her butt with knowledge I just know she looked at you as if you were crazy!"
Because you ARE crazy!

As for raising gas prices, I'd definitely blame Democrats for that more than Republicans, on account of their consistent efforts to block any and all domestic oil drilling.

AmPat
03-05-2010, 01:38 PM
"3. man u kicked her butt with knowledge I just know she looked at you as if you were crazy!"
Because you ARE crazy!

As for raising gas prices, I'd definitely blame Democrats for that more than Republicans, on account of their consistent efforts to block any and all domestic oil drilling.

...and their constant call for higher taxes.

BSR
03-05-2010, 02:08 PM
I have a theory on these people who come up with these Bouncy Stories.

These people were the children who didnt develop social skills growing up so they were easy targets for bullies. They never confronted the kids who harrassed them but instead always made up things they would have done differently after the fact ( "I wish he would call me a loser again, cause I'll do a spinning heel kick to his face then punch him in the balls"). Basically a way to cope with the humiliation of being picked on. He or she makes up a fantasy senarios to help deal with the underlining issues of why he or she is being harrassed.

Most kids grow out of it, these people have not. They live their lives through fantasy senarios to help them feel beeter about their shitty lives. They make themselves the "heroes" because their entier lives have been miserable to deal with. It's an escape for them. And for a moment makes them "the popular kid" that use to pick on them.

Wei Wu Wei
03-05-2010, 03:34 PM
I have a theory on these people who come up with these Bouncy Stories.

These people were the children who didnt develop social skills growing up so they were easy targets for bullies. They never confronted the kids who harrassed them but instead always made up things they would have done differently after the fact ( "I wish he would call me a loser again, cause I'll do a spinning heel kick to his face then punch him in the balls"). Basically a way to cope with the humiliation of being picked on. He or she makes up a fantasy senarios to help deal with the underlining issues of why he or she is being harrassed.

Most kids grow out of it, these people have not. They live their lives through fantasy senarios to help them feel beeter about their shitty lives. They make themselves the "heroes" because their entier lives have been miserable to deal with. It's an escape for them. And for a moment makes them "the popular kid" that use to pick on them.

You don't see how this post, outlying your "theory" is drenched with irony?

BSR
03-05-2010, 04:28 PM

Please continue.. The floor is yours...:rolleyes:

AmPat
03-05-2010, 04:40 PM

Sounds like he touched a nerve. What was your Bouncy submission?

BSR
03-05-2010, 07:55 PM

So that was a rhetorical question and you had no intentions of backing up your claim?